Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LII: Covid Cup Final Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I'm happy with either team winning the cup, honestly. Honestly any team south of the Mason-Dixon winning is OK with me.
I'm happy to share I'm caught up on the SBA manga. The pic is hilarious. Havertown is....a place. But a better place than Reading, which is also a place. The real people acting a fool pronounce it "reeding"

Sorry about the fire, man.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I'm happy to share I'm caught up on the SBA manga. The pic is hilarious. Havertown is....a place. But a better place than Reading, which is also a place. The real people acting a fool pronounce it "reeding"

Sorry about the fire, man.

I love Havertown. I've never spent much time there, but I visited so many times as a kid it's like a second home. (Side note: the Barnaby's there got torched just like my house. I swear to god I was out of state at the time). Reading is also another place I love but don't know. I've visited many times, including a Royals game in 2007ish. One random memory I have is going to dinner with my family, only to find out that the place we went to charged for the refill on soda, and I had like 4-5 root beers. I was like 13 at the time and was horrified that I ran up the bill for my aunt/uncle.

The fire is a thing that happened. I obviously survived. I was in the shower at the time and escaped with literally nothing but a towel. (Side note: One of the very few possessions I was able to recover was my omnibus copy of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books.). My cat didn't make it, which haunts me every day. He was a fantastic friend and it took me a long time to forgive myself for leaving him behind. (Side note: everybody who reads this needs to check the batteries in their smoke detectors, ASAP)

todderson.jpg

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I love Havertown. I've never spent much time there, but I visited so many times as a kid it's like a second home. (Side note: the Barnaby's there got torched just like my house. I swear to god I was out of state at the time). Reading is also another place I love but don't know. I've visited many times, including a Royals game in 2007ish. One random memory I have is going to dinner with my family, only to find out that the place we went to charged for the refill on soda, and I had like 4-5 root beers. I was like 13 at the time and was horrified that I ran up the bill for my aunt/uncle.

The fire is a thing that happened. I obviously survived. I was in the shower at the time and escaped with literally nothing but a towel. (Side note: One of the very few possessions I was able to recover was my omnibus copy of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books.). My cat didn't make it, which haunts me every day. He was a fantastic friend and it took me a long time to forgive myself for leaving him behind. (Side note: everybody who reads this needs to check the batteries in their smoke detectors, ASAP)

View attachment 367996
Sorry about your kitty :( I'm glad you're safe. Barnaby's burned down a second time you know...place is cursed!

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia

View attachment 367996
Douglas Adams was a cool guy. I spent a couple of days with him on a book tour. He was always hungover. :DD

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

View attachment 367996

Sorry for your loss. There are no words.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

View attachment 367996

Ugh, sorry SBA. :(

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
When will the 2020-21 NHL season start? All the options the league is considering

“Starting to be concerned there might not be a season,” one NHL GM wrote this week.

He was not being alarmist but merely reflecting the enormity of what confronts the league and its players as they prepare to move to next season almost without pause after the awarding of a Stanley Cup a virtual draft on Oct. 6-7 and free agency starting at noon ET on Oct. 9.

“Anyone that thinks they know what’s going to happen is delusional,” offered one team president this week.

Last edited:

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Is this matchup the most southern matchup possible between teams in the Stanley cup final?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This will be interesting, if Dallas wins, will there be a run on geriatric players. :sarcasm:

TB ran the Islanders down by matching their physical play, then out quicking them.

They have become the most balanced team in the NHL by adding forechecking forwards to a quick, skilled forward group. They always had a big defense, that got bigger and more physical with Bogosian and Schenn (as Coburn fades into the sunset).

Hedman is the most important player on this team, he's a f--- beast.

Reactions: BernieParent

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah, if they are determined to sign a veteran center for the bottom 6, I would take him over many other choices. Especially if he is okay with a performance incentive based 35+ contract
I would have preferred the other Minnesota center that just left town, but Koivu can probably give you decent defense when he's matching up against Barzal next year. :sarcasm:

Frost/Patrick 3C is the obvious choice though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I’d consider it for 4th line/guy who the other guys want to play and win for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad