Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LII: Covid Cup Final Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Definitely got him confused with Heiskanen.
No doubt. :laugh:

Possibly even Klingberg, but more likely Heiskanen.

I also find it hard to believe that a Toronto Star writer would have spent a lot of his time watching Dallas. :laugh:

Just take away media voted awards when there are (normally) 82 games to watch of (soon to be) 32 teams. There is no possible way they can watch enough of all players to make educated selections for major awards.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I also find it hard to believe that a Toronto Star writer would have spent a lot of his time watching Dallas. :laugh:

Just take away media voted awards when there are (normally) 82 games to watch of (soon to be) 32 teams. There is no possible way they can watch enough of all players to make educated selections for major awards.

It’s basically impossible for any human being. You have to rely on stats but the problem with hockey is deep dives with stats specifically advanced stats aren’t really a universal thing.

So these guys either go full homer, just look at surface level stats without out much context, &/or just go with whatever narrative is out there in the mainstream.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

They should just get rid of all the awards. Except the Selke.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It’s basically impossible for any human being. You have to rely on stats but the problem with hockey is deep dives with stats specifically advanced stats aren’t really a universal thing.

So these guys either go full homer, just look at surface level stats without out much context, &/or just go with whatever narrative is out there in the mainstream.
Yeah, there always seems to be an early season narrative of "it's this guy's year" that plays out for awards as long as they don't dovetail. It worked out for Couts and probably Makar; it didn't for Carlson this year, probably because he set the bar impossibly high with his early point production.

Last edited:
Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

The awards should be picked by a triumvirate of Mike Milbury, Jeremy Roenick and Carrottop. Lets give these prestigious awards the reverence they deserve

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
My ideal scenario is that Perry and Coleman accidentally enter an elevator together on the eve of game seven, the elevator fails, and they plummet to their deaths.
This spite conquers mine. :laugh:

No need for anything this severe, but maybe they can both be suspended and cut from their respective teams for breaking curfew on the eve of the Cup clinching game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad