Confirmed with Link: Minor trades | Ferriero to NYR for Chad Kolarik | Sneep to DAL for cond. draft pick

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Sarcasm?

Sneep shouldn't even be considered an "asset". He held no value, and basically took up a contract spot.

And what's the % of players picked in the 7th round that turn out to be NHL regulars? Not like even if we get that 7th there's a chance we gain an asset.

Probably about the same as our second rounders who become regulars :)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Oh, well. You don't like Steve MacIntyre and I don't like P.K. Subban.

One is good at hockey and the other is not.

I don't like Subban one bit, but I'd ****ing love that guy on the Penguins.

Mind you that is the pipiest of all pipe dreams. This team can't afford to pay both Letang and Subban huge deals come 2014.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
One is good at hockey and the other is not.

I don't like Subban one bit, but I'd ****ing love that guy on the Penguins.

Mind you that is the pipiest of all pipe dreams. This team can't afford to pay both Letang and Subban huge deals come 2014.

i'd have to agree.

i'm still miffed about his pirouette crap from a few seasons ago, taking out opposing players' legs/feet. he directly caused Jordan Staal's first real NHL injury and that lead to a weird chain of injuries, taking him out for about half a season.

still, he's a really good d-man and i'd love it if he played for the Pens. i just don't love what the Pens would potentially be giving up for a rental d-man. just like the Staal situation, i wouldn't expect anyone to trade for him unless they knew he'd re-sign.

Punxrocknyc19*

Sarcasm?

Sneep shouldn't even be considered an "asset". He held no value, and basically took up a contract spot.

And what's the % of players picked in the 7th round that turn out to be NHL regulars? Not like even if we get that 7th there's a chance we gain an asset.[/
QUOTE]

Rangers fan in peace... some vezina winner named King Henrik from last season was a 7th round pick...

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I put Orpik in there because a) I think Therrien would like more players that play/know his system, and b) we could really use losing a salary. That said, I have no problem dealing Niskanen instead. Niskanen, Pouliot and Jeffrey then.

You really think that package could get us Subban? Maybe last year with Gauhier as their GM but not now, Habs could do much better IMO

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Subban is a "ME" first type of player. We need a "team" first type of player.

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
He might be a terrible player, but he's arguably the best fighter in hockey.

And what's that?

Oh that's right - Completely irrelevant in todays NHL.

He can fight bears in his spare time and win 100/100 times and still be a god-awful hockey player and have no value or use whatsoever in hockey.

His kind is useless, just lose the dream of pure fighters having a spot.

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
And what's that?

Oh that's right - Completely irrelevant in todays NHL.

He can fight bears in his spare time and win 100/100 times and still be a god-awful hockey player and have no value or use whatsoever in hockey.

His kind is useless, just lose the dream of pure fighters having a spot.

Why do think the Atlantic Division has been getting more enforcers/toughness lately? Fights help create momentum, enforcers are used to protect star players. They are also great in the locker-room with the players.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Why do think the Atlantic Division has been getting more enforcers/toughness lately? Fights help create momentum, enforcers are used to protect star players. They are also great in the locker-room with the players.

We have had enforcers for Sid's entire career. How have they done protecting him? Do you think he's more likely to be hurt this year because we don't have an enforcer compared to every other year he got hurt while we did have one? How did Godard do at preventing the circus that was long island a few years ago?

star players get hurt during hockey plays. Even the cheapest of cheap shots happen during hockey plays. There is absolutely nothing an enforcer can do to stop it. Does Steckel still hit Crosby with MacIntyre on the bench? Absolutely. Does Myers still fall on Geno's knee? Absolutely. Hell, would Vitale have laid that hit on Briere to end last season if Jody Shelly was on the bench? Of course he would have. He would have done it if Shelly was on the ice.

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Enforcers never fight the guys that would actually be able to hurt star players since they aren't good enough at hockey to be on the ice against them. Also, the great locker room thing is so silly. It's like you are talking about a dog. "He's really good with the kids".

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
We have had enforcers for Sid's entire career. How have they done protecting him? Do you think he's more likely to be hurt this year because we don't have an enforcer compared to every other year he got hurt while we did have one? How did Godard do at preventing the circus that was long island a few years ago?

What? Do you expect Eric Godard to fight every player who was involved in the NYI brawl a few years ago?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
What? Do you expect Eric Godard to fight every player who was involved in the NYI brawl a few years ago?

No. I don't. That's my point. There is nothing a single guy can do to stop things like that. The pure enforcer is useless in today's NHL. Guys like Engo and Asham are the best guys to have to fill that role today. They need to be able to play a regular shift.

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Enforcers never fight the guys that would actually be able to hurt star players since they aren't good enough at hockey to be on the ice against them. Also, the great locker room thing is so silly. It's like you are talking about a dog. "He's really good with the kids".

Well, from what I've heard, they certainly are. Players on the team have a lot of respect for them.

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
No. I don't. That's my point. There is nothing a single guy can do to stop things like that. The pure enforcer is useless in today's NHL. Guys like Engo and Asham are the best guys to have to fill that role today. They need to be able to play a regular shift.

I agree, but sometimes when you have a super-heavyweight like Steve MacIntyre. Some pest/grinders are afraid to play physical against the star players.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

that is one example. that is not proof.

I agree, but sometimes when you have a super-heavyweight like Steve MacIntyre. Some pest/grinders are afraid to play physical against the star players.

with the instigator rules and everything today, most of them aren't. There is nothing Cooke or Talbot wants more than for a guy from the other team to come and punch him so he can skate away and add a penalty on top of whatever **** he was already stirring up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad