Confirmed with Link: Minor trades | Ferriero to NYR for Chad Kolarik | Sneep to DAL for cond. draft pick

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Agreed.

Only problem with your trade proposal is that Orpik isn't headed to Montreal.

If you wanted to say Niskanen and Despres and something, then I could see that.

I put Orpik in there because a) I think Therrien would like more players that play/know his system, and b) we could really use losing a salary. That said, I have no problem dealing Niskanen instead. Niskanen, Pouliot and Jeffrey then.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I put Orpik in there because a) I think Therrien would like more players that play/know his system, and b) we could really use losing a salary. That said, I have no problem dealing Niskanen instead. Niskanen, Pouliot and Jeffrey then.

did't Orpik and Therrien pretty publicly dislike each other?

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Good for Sneep, I assume he'll have a better shot in Houston. Doesnt neccessarily indicate more moves are on the way though. He got a cup of coffee last year and this year hes AHL depth/ECHL starter. Let him get a shot somewhere else to work his way up?

Kolarik for Ferriero sounds like we want a good AHL scorer because we want the Baby Pens to do better, and the Rangers probably want a guy that can be depth for thier NHL team. He played enough for the Sharks Im sure he can be a fourth line guy for Torts in a pinch.

Just north of Austin actually. :)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Crosby was Patrick right? Though I do not doubt Shero would have taken him if he was handling the draft. Well 99% sure anyways.

Edit 2007 was Esposito. I blocked him out, but yes he did go forward.

2010 also.

That said, Shero's preference for defensemen absent almost having his hand forced is undeniable and it shows in the organization.

No, he's gone 50/50.

2006 was going to be a forward since Johnson went #1
2007 was Esposito
2008 was NO PICK
2009 was Despres
2010 was Bennett
2011 was Morrow
2012 was Pouliot/Maata

Outside of Pouliot, with whom he and scouts were in love, he's pretty much gone 50/50.

It's the second and third round picks where he's tended more defense.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Fair enough.

I love Nisky with Letang. But, a Subban-Letang pairing would be another level.

Wonder which one would be first PP unit? I know who should be. I wonder who would be.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Why do you guys want the Subban's and Semin's of the league so bad?!??! Argh.

I can see the argument for why one wouldn't want Semin. Supremely skilled, doesn't play a tough game, supposedly has a bad or indifferent attitude.

BUT, what precisely would be the reason not to want Subban? Cocky?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Why do you guys want the Subban's and Semin's of the league so bad?!??! Argh.

They are good at hockey and we are cheering for a hockey team.

I can see the argument for why one wouldn't want Semin. Supremely skilled, doesn't play a tough game, supposedly has a bad or indifferent attitude.

BUT, what precisely would be the reason not to want Subban?

He's a bit of a jerk. Apparently our leadership is so bad that he would ruin the locker room. He plays kinda dirty I guess. But so do some of our guys and we don't seem bothered by it. Really, there's not a good reason to not want him other than potential cost.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010

BUT, what precisely would be the reason not to want Subban? Cocky?

Subban is just one of those guys you hate until he is on your team. He is cocky but he is a tough player to play against.

A Letang-Subban pair would be one of the tops in the league. Would definitely be close to Keith-Seabrook

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
In the last 25 drafts the Pens grabbed exactly three NHL players in the 2nd round: Paul Laus, Richard Park and Alex Goligoski. And the former two spent most of their careers elsewhere. Samuelsson, Harrington and Blueger are still on the clock.

Yes. He almost became a Ranger over it the dislike was so great. It was touch and go his UFA year. In the end he signed with a discount.

One time Therrien made Orpik a late scratch in a game at Boston. After Orpik had gotten tickets for friends and family. IIRC it was caused by an argument during practice. Orpik has a NTC and I doubt he'll want to play for that coach again. :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
As a side note, I don't think Sneep is as bad as most people on here do.

He's a third year pro who was playing in Wheeling during the lockout. I know our defensive depth there was absurd, but you'd think a third year pro foromer 2nd round pick would be good enough to at least be a spare defender in WBS instead of Wheeling.

He was a boom/bust pick who was supposed to be a PMD...but the offensive side of his game never came around and he's always been questionable defensively. He's obviously not in the organization's plans and he'd have been allowed to walk after this year. This deal was done to a.) open up a roster spot and b.) a professional courtesy to give him a better chance to play at a higher level. I doubt we end up getting that 7th rounder for him, but at least he'll be playing in the AHL instead of the ECHL. We're also right up against the contract limit, so this will help at the deadline.

He was a Penguins 2nd round bust...nothing new there.

Ferriero was a disaster in WBS and obviously isn't suited for this system. Kolarik should be an upgrade in WBS for someone who wasn't too likely to play in Pittsburgh anyway. Sucks it didn't work out, I love guys with endless motors that wear weird numbers.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't get a chance to mention this, the move didn't happen so it probably won't. But I thought acquiring an AHL All-Star scoring winger would mean Wilkes Barre's gets called up to Pittsburgh. Guess not though.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I didn't get a chance to mention this, the move didn't happen so it probably won't. But I thought acquiring an AHL All-Star scoring winger would mean Wilkes Barre's gets called up to Pittsburgh. Guess not though.

very little chance BB gets the call until someone is injured. No need to rush him at the expense of waiving somebody else.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Bennett isn't going to be called up yet, not when we'd still have to put someone on waivers.

I know everyone here wants to get rid of Tangradi, but just throwing him on waivers and losing him for nothing isn't exactly a wise move.

Kolarik will be a definite step up in WBS. Considering Ferriero had played himself down the organizational depth chart enough that a NHL call-up was unlikely without 3-4 injuries anyway I'll take the better AHL player.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Both. I don't know him personally, but I don't like his attitude. He does some cheap stuff when he plays...

so do Letang, Malkin, Cooke, Sid, Orpik, Kunitz, Neal, TK and well over half of the good players in the league. As it is in most sports, we'd start defending him the day he's wearing our team's jersey.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
so do Letang, Malkin, Cooke, Sid, Orpik, Kunitz, Neal, TK and well over half of the good players in the league. As it is in most sports, we'd start defending him the day he's wearing our team's jersey.

Oh, well. You don't like Steve MacIntyre and I don't like P.K. Subban.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad