GDT: Minnows vs. Maple Leafs 7:30pm NBCSCA

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Spineless game from the refs. Same as in the first, when Timo got mugged, retaliated, and they called both guys. If the conduct rises to a penalty, it was a penalty the first time. F*** this "both sides are bad" noise.

I think a reason why players like Kadri don't care about taking liberties against us is because there is no such thing as enforcers anymore. Kadri is a skilled agitator and he will not fight. He is also on a team that is good offensively and can make you pay if you end up falling for his bait.

I am not advocating bringing agitators back but I think the presence of such players would to a point neuter the actions of players like Kadri. It also does not help that we are not much of a physical team either. I have been frustrated with our lack of finishing checks on players skating into our zone and giving them space to make plays.

The only way to stop players like Kadri is to ignore them, focus on your game and hopefully jump ahead. The refs needed to do a slightly better job today but that Kadri punch of the head needs to definitely be looked at. That was ridiculously blatant.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I wouldn't mind playing conservatively and scoring less goals if they can allow less breakaways/high danger chances and maybe get Jones' confidence up. Jones sucks right now but seeing a bunch of breakaways and odd man rushes is not really helping. They need to focus on defense first and go from there. Too many bad pinches.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Spott is BRUTAL. It sucks that he's here until DeBoer goes, most likely. He's DeBoer's version of Jay Woodcroft to T-Mac.

Yep and it’s a great sign Deboer hasn’t been extended. DW is obsessed with past cup winners, Quenville is a winner. I think he’s taking his time for a reason and SJ is an opportunity I think he’d jump on

Reactions: Bleedred and Phu

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The Leafs D was just as bad as the Sharks tonight but the difference is their goalie made some key saves. Out of all the Scoring chances the leafs had that hit the net I think Jones only made one save.

Reactions: SactoShark and Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I wouldn't mind playing conservatively and scoring less goals if they can allow less breakaways/high danger chances and maybe get Jones' confidence up. Jones sucks right now but seeing a bunch of breakaways and odd man rushes is not really helping. They need to focus on defense first and go from there. Too many bad pinches.
burns has been playing like a f***head for a few games now.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
This sure sucks and the Leafs fans trolling our boards only makes it worse.

You'd think they'd enjoy the win but nah.

Imagine Marleau and Tavares lifting the Cup in SJ after beating them in the SCF finals. Sorry for the nightmare guys.

It'd be worse when PinkF- I mean Marleau says "cant wait to see ya'll in the post game thread on hfsharks ;)" during his on ice interview after.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
This Sharks squad is very talented but our coaching, defense and goaltending are supposed so terrible that it combines to make us a legitimately bad team

We'll hover around .500 as a result of our talented roster, but this club is not accomplishing anything come playoff time
It's relatively early, hopefully they can figure some things out. But yes, they will not go far playing the way they have so far this season.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Honestly. I don't know if I should be excited or depressed about the fact that we are 20 games into the season and still in a playoff spot without having played a single game where we played well all 3 periods.

Still not a quarter way through the season and still in playoff contention is actually a moral victory but man, this team needs to figure its shit out.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Phu

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Right now I am confused as to whether every team has forwards with more finish or Jones is really as bad as we make him out to be. I don't think the sharks have ever had a goalie that gives up a goal 9 out of every 10 "high danger" shots

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Right now I am confused as to whether every team has forwards with more finish or Jones is really as bad as we make him out to be. I don't think the sharks have ever had a goalie that gives up a goal 9 out of every 10 "high danger" shots
Jones has been abmysal. The team defense has been too. I hope both of these are fixable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad