Minnesota Wild General Discussion XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Well, Bonino, Rask, and until recently Bjugstad play Center, so it's not an apples to apples comparison. We all know that we undermanned at C, but that's not where Boldy plays. If he comes up i'd like to see him play opposite Fiala, and on the #2PP.

We are flush with low end centers, this is a non problem

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well, Bonino, Rask, and until recently Bjugstad play Center, so it's not an apples to apples comparison. We all know that we undermanned at C, but that's not where Boldy plays. If he comes up i'd like to see him play opposite Fiala, and on the #2PP.
Bjugstad has played center for about 10 games this year. Bonino hasn't been at center for 2 months.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

Things are about to get ugly very fast. Dean evason handled this wrong

Much like he handled the dumba protest last year. & not giving him any support

Dean is a good coach. As a person he sucks especially at communication, & supporting players

Agents don't get involved unless it becomes a situation of vendetta

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I am giant Parise fan and am thoroughly unimpressed with Evason as a coach but I don’t know how else he could handle the Parise situation. Zach isn’t good enough right now to play and there’s not much that Dean can do about that outside of correctly playing the better players.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Things are about to get ugly very fast. Dean evason handled this wrong

Much like he handled the dumba protest last year. & not giving him any support

Dean is a good coach. As a person he sucks especially at communication, & supporting players

Agents don't get involved unless it becomes a situation of vendetta

Huh?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

Dumba protesting during the anthem last year, dean evason said in media he didn't think team needed to show support. The way he never showed one support whatsoever was crappy, & ignorant

If you look at parise situation now, as a human being you have to be able to handle this situation without it becoming a big situations.

Even with parise not playing good this year, he could have shown support much like other coaches would do

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Dumba protesting during the anthem last year, dean evason said in media he didn't think team needed to show support. The way he never showed one support whatsoever was crappy, & ignorant

If you look at parise situation now, as a human being you have to be able to handle this situation without it becoming a big situations.

Even with parise not playing good this year, he could have shown support much like other coaches would do

Didn't Russo write something like 5,000 words about how much Dumba was supported by the team?

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

Huh?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Didn't Russo write something like 5,000 words about how much Dumba was supported by the team?

I don't think so because I specifically many bashing dean evason online for his answer regarding dumba protesting during the anthem including Many wild fans

I don't know dean, but it has seem to me as a person there's certain situations he can manage, or do better

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't think so because I specifically many bashing dean evason online for his answer regarding dumba protesting during the anthem including Many wild fans

I don't know dean, but it has seem to me as a person there's certain situations he can manage, or do better
There's probably no worse way to gauge reality than by social media's reaction to it.

Boudreau constantly fed Parise opportunities and minutes, it took the team nowhere and Russo frequently went on about "locker room issues." Evason largely put an end to that and suddenly the team starts playing well and the team chemistry is (reportedly) as tight as ever? I see very little wrong with his handling of this.

P10p

May 15, 2012

Lol ok

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's never easy when really good players reach the point when they can't play anymore. There is a an awkward, ugly period where they are in denial, then (usually) go to another team for a year or two, then they fade away. Hopefully, after a few years, everyone remembers them in a good light and looks back on their career as a whole, rather than the way it ended. Guy Lafleur played for the Nordiques, Steve Carlton for the Twins, Mikko, of course, for CBJ.

I thought that Parise looked OK out there, with a fair amount of jump, but there is no doubt that he is not affecting the game much out there. The contract and cap recapture is what is making the ending even more complicated than usual, which should come as no surprise to anyone, though most of us hoped he would have another year or two in him as an effective bottom sixer.

Val

Jan 19, 2021
Wild will play against VGK in playoff. If Avs makes 2 wins over Kings

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Boudreau constantly fed Parise opportunities and minutes, it took the team nowhere and Russo frequently went on about "locker room issues." Evason largely put an end to that and suddenly the team starts playing well and the team chemistry is (reportedly) as tight as ever? I see very little wrong with his handling of this.

You're oversimplifying it; it wasn't just Parise causing issues. Guerin traded Staal and didn't bring back Koivu. Hell, Koivu hasn't even been seen around the team (I think he's hanging around the Blue Jackets at the moment), which has all been pretty positive. Evason also cut down Suter's minutes and regulated him to essentially the second pairing, but has evenly distributed time between the top four.

Evason handled aging veterans a coach should have; he scratched Parise and has demoted Suter essentially. Guerin also handled the veterans well by kicking out two of the biggest issues in Staal and Koivu.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

That is not what happened.

Evason was asked a direct question about if there were discussions about the rest of the team raising their fist with Dumba. Evason answered i'm assuming honestly there haven't been discussions about that.

That somehow warped in the sesspool that is social media that the team wasn't supporting Dumba, despite Dumba stating in his presser's that the entire team and organization was incredibly supportive.

What's funny is if the entire team did raise their fist, i'm sure a segment of the brain wormed social media would have been upset about white americans/canadians/europeans culturally appropriating Tommie Smith/John Carlo's black power salute from the olympics.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sit Kaprizov. It would be very Minnesotan for him to get hurt in the final game that doesn't matter.

Reactions: Val

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i am really struggling if we should bet the farm on eichel. reminds me of vikings herschel walker trade and i worry about how healthy is he? ps all my friends are asking me should we go for it.

Reactions: fgobuzz

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Has anyone heard anything about yesterday's scheduled discussion between Parise, his agent, and the Wild?

Reactions: GuerinUp

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
i am really struggling if we should bet the farm on eichel. reminds me of vikings herschel walker trade and i worry about how healthy is he? ps all my friends are asking me should we go for it.
My opinion, no. Betting the farm on him is a bad idea. This team needs a top center. No doubt. But gutting the roster....possibly sending them a Boldy or Rossi.....and/or parting with both 1st picks for a guy who is a question mark in terms of health? Doing that for a guy who you have no idea if he will return to form after surgery? No. Just no! It will backfire.

He's not our guy.

Reactions: fgobuzz

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I listened to the opening of Russo's podcast.

I have a love hate relationship with Russo. He's media, and I also have a love hate relationship, mostly hate, with anything media.

I think he does good work but man, the way he gushed about Parise in the beginning, saying how 'hard of a time this is for Parise' I would have sworn that JP died twice. Come on Russo, Parise is a well paid old athlete who has a motor on the ice but he just doesn't quite have it or for whatever reason, this season hasn't. I appreciate that a coach plays who is going, and who isn't going isn't playing, and sorry, Parise isn't playing well.

Parise can be a team player and sit if he has to (which btw I'm not saying he should keep sitting- there have been some BAD dudes in the past few games in our lineup). I don't feel bad for him at all and I have nothing against Parise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad