Minnesota Wild General Discussion XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We’re taking care of business against teams below us (as we should) and we’re holding serve against teams in our tier or above. Was this your point?

I don't know why you felt the need to be so combative about the percentage I estimated with. The point raised was whether this record is an accurate reflection of the quality of this team. It's more a reflection of the extremely low quality of competition thus far. No one should expect this roster to have the 7th best points percentage in any year where two-thirds of our games aren't against bottom feeders. That shouldn't be a controversial take.

And a .500 record against the other third isn't anything to write home about. That's a non-playoff team point percentage.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't know why you felt the need to be so combative about the percentage I estimated with. The point raised was whether this record is an accurate reflection of the quality of this team. It's more a reflection of the extremely low quality of competition thus far. No one should expect this roster to have the 7th best points percentage in any year where two-thirds of our games aren't against bottom feeders. That shouldn't be a controversial take.

And a .500 record against the other third isn't anything to write home about. That's a non-playoff team point percentage.

Not when it’s only against playoff teams.

Every team that finishes somewhat high in the standings beats up on the bottom dwellers. That’s why they have so few wins.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not when it’s only against playoff teams.

Every team that finishes somewhat high in the standings beats up on the bottom dwellers. That’s why they have so few wins.

So in reality we're somewhere between .500 and .672? Like last year when we finished .558 and would have missed the playoffs at that number?

So again, the 21-10-1 record is not indicative of the quality of the team, rather the lack of quality of competition. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So in reality we're somewhere between .500 and .672? Like last year when we finished .558 and would have missed the playoffs at that number?

So again, the 21-10-1 record is not indicative of the quality of the team, rather the lack of quality of competition. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here.

To be honest, just that 66 is < 75. And that I think you went high just to make us look a little worse than it is.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It was a complete estimation, it's not that deep.

And I’m saying that it seemed a little high to me, so I looked it up myself, and decided to give everybody the correct number.

I think we can both agree that correct information is better than incorrect information when it comes drawing conclusions, yeah?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And I’m saying that it seemed a little high to me, so I looked it up myself, and decided to give everybody the correct number.

I think we can both agree that correct information is better than incorrect information when it comes drawing conclusions, yeah?

It depends on whether it helps my conclusion or not

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
This team is way far far far from making a 2003 make believe run. This team is shit until cap-sluts go away.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
This team is way far far far from making a 2003 make believe run. This team is shit until cap-sluts go away.
upload_2021-3-27_11-10-16.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That 2003 team was far far far from making a make believe run too... probably farther away than this team is.

It was a Cinderella story. Those come out of nowhere and have no real logic to how they happen.

They caught magic in a bottle for 2 rounds, beat 2 teams they had no business beating in the playoffs... huge talent gaps between them. Then go figure, lost to the one team they should've beaten.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don't think that anybody believes this team is a cup contender. If everything breaks just right, maybe we could make a conference finals run and give the fans something to be excited about moving forward. The record may be a bit inflated, but I think our record against non-playoff teams, and our record against playoff teams follows a pretty similar pattern to most teams that finish in the 15-8 range in the standings every year. a .500 record against playoff teams is pretty much that standard other pretender teams. I don't think we're a 106 point pace team, but I wouldn't be suprised of we got into the 100-102 range in a normal year.

On a side note, $10 says Russo reply's to at least one of these 'Who says no?' questions with "me".

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think that anybody believes this team is a cup contender. If everything breaks just right, maybe we could make a conference finals run and give the fans something to be excited about moving forward. The record may be a bit inflated, but I think our record against non-playoff teams, and our record against playoff teams follows a pretty similar pattern to most teams that finish in the 15-8 range in the standings every year. a .500 record against playoff teams is pretty much that standard other pretender teams. I don't think we're a 106 point pace team, but I wouldn't be suprised of we got into the 100-102 range in a normal year.

On a side note, $10 says Russo reply's to at least one of these 'Who says no?' questions with "me".

I'll be excited if we see more than 2 that aren't for Eichel or Barkov

Reading through these comments, some of these are painful.

Dumba, Hunter Jones and 1st for RNH makes me weep
Boldy, 2nd for Pinto
Hunt, 1st for Glass

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'll be excited if we see more than 2 that aren't for Eichel or Barkov

Reading through these comments, some of these are painful.

Dumba, Hunter Jones and 1st for RNH makes me weep
Boldy, 2nd for Pinto
Hunt, 1st for Glass
Yeah some of these offers make me wanna stab pencils in my eyes.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We could make a thread out of this comment section.

Brodin for Reinhart
No trades, just throw the bank at Landeskog in free agency

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com

That's what a lot of fans say until they suddenly find their team in the finals. I'm not making any predictions, but I'm just glad the Wild aren't tanking as so many of the people on this board once suggested they should.

Reactions: Minnewildsota
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad