Minnesota Wild General Discussion XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I know it's counter-intuitive to the norm of players aging, but I'm not fully convinced that he's going to be as bad or worse this season as last, as it seems is generally assumed.

I still don't think he was really bad this season, but I missed about half of this season. He was on pace for 30 goals and 55 points and played the entire season, so I'm not sure where his game was egregiously bad.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I still don't think he was really bad this season, but I missed about half of this season. He was on pace for 30 goals and 55 points and played the entire season, so I'm not sure where his game was egregiously bad.

At even strength. Really bad numbers. But the year before was best on the team. I just don't think that the drop from 2018-19 to 2019-20 is requisite with a 34 year old turning 35. It just seems like too much.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I would love if Parise had a Renaissance this season. I wouldn’t expect his defense to improve much, but I’d love to see him be dangerous threat on 5v5.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I sure hope Dumba can come into next season with his shot back and some confidence again. It looked like a lack of confidence was evident all year as he wasn't even stepping up to lay big hits anymore. He wasn't the same electrifying defender who would unleash a laser-beam or jump up into the play, either. Such a mysterious decline.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Interesting to think about him being remaining on the team but not being an option for captain or even alternate. Suter as well.

What does that dynamic look like?
Interesting to think about him being remaining on the team but not being an option for captain or even alternate. Suter as well.

What does that dynamic look like?
Parise already has an A. Nothing has been reported that he lost it. Same as Suter.

If we name s captain this year I expect it to be Spurgeon or Suter.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I sure hope Dumba can come into next season with his shot back and some confidence again. It looked like a lack of confidence was evident all year as he wasn't even stepping up to lay big hits anymore. He wasn't the same electrifying defender who would unleash a laser-beam or jump up into the play, either. Such a mysterious decline.
That injury and the recovery had to have affected him mentally. He's still got the physical tools and showed it occasionally, just need to get it back every game like he was doing before the injury.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
So suprised we’re paying players as much as we are right now. Certainly, a lot of the UFAs will not return next year to account for Fiala/Kaprizov raises

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So suprised we’re paying players as much as we are right now. Certainly, a lot of the UFAs will not return next year to account for Fiala/Kaprizov raises
Wonder if Guerin trades all the pending UFAs for draft capital and then uses some of that to offload Rask to another team.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Rask will be bought out next year, unless he has a good year. He should be able to be a 4C, but i don't want him to block Sturm till we know what he has to offer. Rask has had his chance.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think Rask will be bought out next year, unless he has a good year. He should be able to be a 4C, but i don't want him to block Sturm till we know what he has to offer. Rask has had his chance.
not really

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Is there a real reason we would need to buy him out? The Wild have a projected 26.5 mil in cap space next season. Plus they lose someone to the ED.

unless there is a cap crunch I don’t see coming why create more dead cap? I think that is enough cap to sign Fiala and Kap even if they both have monster seasons. Plus I don’t feel like he really log jams the roster in anyway.

Reactions: Hamms Mann

Hamms Mann

Oct 7, 2020
Is there a real reason we would need to buy him out? The Wild have a projected 26.5 mil in cap space next season. Plus they lose someone to the ED.

unless there is a cap crunch I don’t see coming why create more dead cap? I think that is enough cap to sign Fiala and Kap even if they both have monster seasons. Plus I don’t feel like he really log jams the roster in anyway.
Agree with you totally. There’s no real reason not to ride out the contract. I certainly would not use an asset to get rid of Rask. After Johansson and Bonino are gone (maybe even by the trade deadline), we may need the Center depth again.

I think some people just want to obsess about having the perfect roster. :nod:

Reactions: HotDish

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Agree with you totally. There’s no real reason not to ride out the contract. I certainly would not use an asset to get rid of Rask. After Johansson and Bonino are gone (maybe even by the trade deadline), we may need the Center depth again.

I think some people just want to obsess about having the perfect roster. :nod:
I would be good to give Ek and Rossi a season in the top-6 to see what we have prior to the expansion draft.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Is it 20th season sweaters or just alternates? Also, did you see them gordie or are you talking about the logo?

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
This must not be the 20th Anniversary Jersey. My bad if its not. This jersey is uuugly!

EjpcKHdWoAEFKYq

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm pretty sure that was just someone dorking around and making it. There is 100% no change marketing would ever let that be the jersey....It would be the Vancouver Canuck's jersey all over again.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Assuming Dumba doesn't get dealt, I think we will see his normal self again. I think it may have actually helped him to play, and then not, and then play in the PO's and then stop. It was kind of like testing the waters off and on and then able to look back at tape.

I say he comes out and scores 15 this season if he isn't dealt. 50 points. This may be best for the team too. If it's the TD and he's at 10-15 goals and almost 40 points, he maybe traded for exactly what we need.

The kid can skate. He can play. And the injury is what it is- he was able to test it for almost a whole season, and then a break to train if it needed more attention, and then like I said, playoffs, and now an offseason again.

I don't think he will ever play quite as physical, though. Which may be good in some way- concentrate on goals and D.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Assuming Dumba doesn't get dealt, I think we will see his normal self again. I think it may have actually helped him to play, and then not, and then play in the PO's and then stop. It was kind of like testing the waters off and on and then able to look back at tape.

I say he comes out and scores 15 this season if he isn't dealt. 50 points.

The kid can skate. He can play. And the injury is what it is- he was able to test it for almost a whole season, and then a break to train if it needed more attention, and then like I said, playoffs, and now an offseason again.

I don't think he will ever play quite as physical, though. Which may be good in some way- concentrate on goals and D.
Even if next season is a mess, one of the things I most look forward to is the new powerplay units. If we can improve our puck movement Dumba's likely to be one of the biggest beneficiaries.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Even if next season is a mess, one of the things I most look forward to is the new powerplay units. If we can improve our puck movement Dumba's likely to be one of the biggest beneficiaries.
Dumba needs to be on the top unit. Big mistake running him on the 2nd unit all of last season.

Reactions: Nsjohnson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad