Minnesota Wild General Discussion XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Russo said on today's Athletic podcast that from what he's heard from inside the org, Guerin has no intent of buying out Dubnyk this year.
Dubnyk being on the roster for opening night is absolutely 100% a fireable offense.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Evason also likes to spread his talent across all lines, I really wouldn't be surprised to see something like

Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Fiala
Kaprizov-Johansson-Kunin
Parise-Bjugstad-Zuccarello
Donato-Rask-Hartman

3 third lines and a fourth line with 1 (maybe 2) top-six winger to do all the scoring? About the best scenario I can see with the current roster. I think this would be the lineup I'm expecting.

Dubnyk being on the roster for opening night is absolutely 100% a fireable offense.

He'll help with the tank, which is pretty clearly what we're going for at this point, right? Ugh. There's just no direction clear one way or the other from management. Reminds me of the late-Mauer-era Twins.

Last edited:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Remember next Thursday, there will be a live Q & A with Russo, and his guest is Guerin himself. Here's your chance to ask him a question. GM is cool, he wants go get involved with the fans.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Sean Monahan would be my choice.

Russo mentioned Calgary as a dark horse for Dumba.
Monahan is about as middling as you can get for a 1st line center but he still would be the 1st or 2nd best center in Wild history. Maybe 3rd if you counted Staal for just his initial season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Koivu was a much better two way Center than Monahan. would've been interesting to see how many points he could've put up playing with a Gaudreau type player in his prime.

Then there's Staal, then there's.....damn, you're right....

How can this team have ignored the Center position for so many years?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
i was thinking that myself now that our #1 & #2 C's are gone lundell may be able to slot into the #2 C spot. price just went up when guerin calls another team looking for a #1 C.
To be clear, Lundell won't be playing in the NHL until 2021-22.

Reactions: 2Pair

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
well that blows the hell outta that idea , man we are so screwed.

I don't think so. Not in the long run anyway. Next years draft is going to be better than a lot of people have previously thought. There are going to be some pretty good forwards, and some great defensemen. Left defensemen who would be sheltered on our third pairing and move into top 4 roles while Suter rides off into the sunset. Potential top pairing guys. It could be worse.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Spurgeon and Brodin both received a 5th place vote for the Norris and finished T-19th in voting. I really think Brodin has the potential to be as good as a guy like Slavin, who finished 5th in voting this year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Slavin is much more confident with the puck. I fear that it's too late for Brodin to be much of a finisher. Old dog, new tricks kinda thing. Suter has dominated the offensive LHD spots for so long that it has Pejorative Slured Brodin's development in that area.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Slavin is much more confident with the puck. I fear that it's too late for Brodin to be much of a finisher. Old dog, new tricks kinda thing. Suter has dominated the offensive LHD spots for so long that it has Pejorative Slured Brodin's development in that area.

You shut up now

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
And, we're back to blaming Suter for Brodin's lack of balls and/or hockey sense.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have all sorts of respect for Lou Nanne, but he doesn't even to seem to be trying, at this point. He was on KFAN today, and said;

- Eric Staal was fast, and one of the fastest Wild players.
- That a Defenseman would likely have to be traded to get a Center, either Dumba or one of Spurgeon or Brodin. He specifically mentioned that Suter couldn't be traded because he had a NMC, yet didn't seem to be aware that Spurgeon and Brodin had one, too.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I have all sorts of respect for Lou Nanne, but he doesn't even to seem to be trying, at this point. He was on KFAN today, and said;

- That a Defenseman would likely have to be traded to get a Center, either Dumba or one of Spurgeon or Brodin. He specifically mentioned that Suter couldn't be traded because he had a NMC, yet didn't seem to be aware that Spurgeon and Brodin had one, too.

Or he's just 79 years old.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Name the forwards on the team that were faster than Staal?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

I always try not to hinge on anything Lou says. Just view him as that loveable grandpa that you watch hockey with. He isn’t right most of the time, but boy is it fun to listen to him ramble about good ole hockey.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
B's fan curious about Donato. the other thread predicting lineups have him from 1st line to scratch. Is he still seen as promising?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
B's fan curious about Donato. the other thread predicting lineups have him from 1st line to scratch. Is he still seen as promising?
I see him more as a mystery. He produced well getting mostly 4th line minutes and healthy scratches last year, bearing the brunt of our logjam at LW. He has the same flaws that Boston fans probably remember (not much strength and not particularly fast) but he's got skill and a hell of a shot. I can't speak for others, but I'd like to see him put in a position to succeed for a month or two before deciding what he is or isn't.

Last edited:

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I see him more as a mystery. He produced well getting mostly 4th line minutes and health scratches last year, bearing the brunt of our logjam at LW. He's the same flaws that Boston fans probably remember (not much strength and not particularly fast) but he's got skill and a hell of a shot. I can't speak for others, but I'd like to see him put in a position to succeed for a month or two before deciding what he is or isn't.
Thanks. Hopefully, he gets it together. Strength seems like an easy fix. He was golden child with Bs for a bit because he could snipe, don't get to see many Wild games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad