Minnesota Wild General Discussion XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I'm surprised Parise waived his NTC. There are more important things in life than a Stanley Cup Ring.

But maybe he's on to MN pro-sports fans? Maybe he gets it that we're not so nice after all?

Personally I think our fan base(es) are kind of sad - kind of vindictive, mean-spirited and nasty. And I say that as a life-long fan of all our franchises.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm surprised Parise waived his NTC. There are more important things in life than a Stanley Cup Ring.

But maybe he's on to MN pro-sports fans? Maybe he gets it that we're not so nice after all?

Personally I think our fan base(es) are kind of sad - kind of vindictive, mean-spirited and nasty. And I say that as a life-long fan of all our franchises.
It also seems very Minnesotan to think that waiving his clause was an attempt to get away from the fans :laugh:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

According to Russo, winning the Cup means everything to Parise. He has no issues playing in Minnesota, but at his age, doesn't want to be a part of what he feels to be a rebuild.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
He's been discussing the lineup with the players, they're all in on this. Need to find some effective lines.

I'm sure they received input from Zucc to see where he feels he should play in the lineup. Being on the 3rd line won't build his confidence and make him into the truly elite player he is.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
There are more important things in life than a Stanley Cup Ring.

Maybe; and I've been hearing this narrative a lot lately. I mean that's what made Manfred just casually remark that the World Series trophy was just a piece of metal. To many players the ultimate dream is lifting up the Stanley Cup.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I'm sure they received input from Zucc to see where he feels he should play in the lineup. Being on the 3rd line won't build his confidence and make him into the truly elite player he is.

Looks like he's on the 2nd line, based on morning skate. And they'll try Galchenyuk at center, he likes to play with Mats. I also believe the coach wants Foligno on the left wing to have a bigger role, he deserves it. I like this line.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Looks like he's on the 2nd line, based on morning skate. And they'll try Galchenyuk at center, he likes to play with Mats. I also believe the coach wants Foligno on the left wing to have a bigger role, he deserves it. I like this line.
How do you know this? just spitballing??

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
When that line finishes with fewer minutes than Ek's line is it time to admit that Zuccarello's not on the second line?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I promise you that any line with foligno on it is not a top 2 line

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So we are supposed to pay our $80 ticket, plus parking and overpriced food/beverages for another $40, shut up and applaud any effort that is put out on the ice from our multi millionaire players?

Sorry....uh-uh. They are not firemen or working in hospitals saving lives, nor working in essential services ....I'll save my adulation for other, more deserving people. Sports is all fun and games. If they don't like it they can quit, and work as a roofer. No one will boo them there.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
So we are supposed to pay our $80 ticket, plus parking and overpriced food/beverages for another $40, shut up and applaud any effort that is put out on the ice from our multi millionaire players?

Sorry....uh-uh. They are not firemen or working in hospitals saving lives, nor working in essential services ....I'll save my adulation for other, more deserving people. Sports is all fun and games. If they don't like it they can quit, and work as a roofer. No one will boo them there.

Well...why are you here? Wild have never won anything. North Stars never won anything.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am not going to mindlessly cheer every move this team makes, nor am I going to be browbeaten into doing it, or chased from this board by some self appointed judge. I cheer effort and talent, not guys who look tired, old, and ineffective. And when did I ever say that I will only watch Cup winners, ever?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I am not going to mindlessly cheer every move this team makes, nor am I going to be browbeaten into doing it, or chased from this board by some self appointed judge. I cheer effort and talent, not guys who look tired, old, and ineffective. And when did I ever say that I will only watch Cup winners, ever?

I get it. The question was rhetorical. The point is...we're all fans. The b****ing gets old at some point.

Just be glad we even have NHL team. We already lost one NHL franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad