Minnesota Wild General Discussion XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

District 5

Mar 1, 2014
So we are supposed to pay our $80 ticket, plus parking and overpriced food/beverages for another $40, shut up and applaud any effort that is put out on the ice from our multi millionaire players?

Sorry....uh-uh. They are not firemen or working in hospitals saving lives, nor working in essential services ....I'll save my adulation for other, more deserving people. Sports is all fun and games. If they don't like it they can quit, and work as a roofer. No one will boo them there.

You could have gone to the game for $17 last night...

Reactions: Northerner

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
It seems like he is getting a bit stronger physically, I hope that continues. He has a knack for scoring goals.
I'm high on him. He averaged almost a goal a game his last year at Harvard. He was great in the Olympics. I think he can do some big things.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
From Russo article in The Athletic:

Despite logging a team-low 9 minutes, 37 seconds a game at 5-on-5, Donato leads the Wild with 1.36 goals per 60 minutes.

Admittedly, I'm no analytics junkie but this seemed interesting to me.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Galchneyuk seems like a player that can look okay with lots of opportunity and low expectations, which is what he's got right now. He's had some nice plays but I wouldn't actually want him back next year.

Still, 20 games left. Maybe he'll change my mind.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
You could have gone to the game for $17 last night...
I think he was saying in general terms. A NHL ticket is right behind a NFL one when it comes to cost on average. And the price of parking has gone up quite a bit over the last few years. It's always going to be more of a drain on a family of 4 vs a single person as well, and that's what they usually use as the example party. And just like seeing a movie, you can sneak some snacks into the X. They only ask for you to remove your wallet and phone if you're a dude. I usually bring a bottle of water and some candy.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I think he was saying in general terms. A NHL ticket is right behind a NFL one when it comes to cost on average. And the price of parking has gone up quite a bit over the last few years. It's always going to be more of a drain on a family of 4 vs a single person as well, and that's what they usually use as the example party. And just like seeing a movie, you can sneak some snacks into the X. They only ask for you to remove your wallet and phone if you're a dude. I usually bring a bottle of water and some candy.

Victory Parking Ramp is always my go to. Feel like they've always been the best spot for years ($10, <5 min walk). Maybe I'm missing out on another spot though.

In regards to costs though, ticket prices are ridiculous for STHs. Their in-game ops are so mind-numbingly boring and that was with them "attempting" to improve on them this season. I think fans are partially to blame too though, everyone is so mild-mannered at a game. Probably cause there's not too many people shelling out $12 for a Bud Light.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Victory Parking Ramp is always my go to. Feel like they've always been the best spot for years ($10, <5 min walk). Maybe I'm missing out on another spot though.

In regards to costs though, ticket prices are ridiculous for STHs. Their in-game ops are so mind-numbingly boring and that was with them "attempting" to improve on them this season. I think fans are partially to blame too though, everyone is so mild-mannered at a game. Probably cause there's not too many people shelling out $12 for a Bud Light.
It's a problem for sure. I know it's not really a fair example, but I've been to a couple of games in Vegas and the difference in the atmosphere is unbelievable, and it's a lot more enjoyable. They have to ironically figure out a way to get more energy into the Xcel Energy stadium. They are severely lacking in crowd engagement.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It's a problem for sure. I know it's not really a fair example, but I've been to a couple of games in Vegas and the difference in the atmosphere is unbelievable, and it's a lot more enjoyable. They have to ironically figure out a way to get more energy into the Xcel Energy stadium. They are severely lacking in crowd engagement.
bring the beers back down to $8 or $8.50 (last time I went and bought beer) and im sure it would get better.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Minnesotans seem to be pretty tame people. My father showed next to no emotion at the games - he was a full-blooded Swede. I think that has something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad