Minnesota Wild General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Why are you in a conversation that you know nothing about? This is all common knowledge.

Tuch was not an option to be taken by the knights, what am i missing? the fact i may have forgot a small but about haula from the expansion draft means i know nothing? please inform me what im missing.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Tuch was not an option to be taken by the knights, what am i missing? the fact i may have forgot a small but about haula from the expansion draft means i know nothing? please inform me what im missing.
Tuch was the option that Fletcher had to keep the other players.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Tuch/Greenway/Kaprizov were offered as a sweetener to take Haula, a player that Vegas would find useful but was done in Minnesota either way because we couldn't afford to extend him. Vegas took Tuch because he was closer to the NHL than Greenway or Kaprizov.

Both Haula and Tuch did very well last year with opportunities they wouldn't have seen with the Wild, or most other non-expansion teams. I don't think they were nearly the loss that some Wild fans make them out to be, though.

Reactions: ThatGuy22 and 2Pair

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't fault GMCF for the call he made. If before the expansion draft someone had offered Haula+Tuch for any of Brodin, Dumba, Staal, or Zucker; I would have said no very easily.

Reactions: TaLoN and 2Pair

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Tuch was the option that Fletcher had to keep the other players.

i knew that, my reply saying tuch was not touchable was to you saying it was between brodin/dumba/staal/zucker/tuch which it was not that case it was a different scenario. either way whats done is done. its annoying, overwith and hopefully kaprisov is here as quickly as the KHL contract expires.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Tuch/Greenway/Kaprizov were offered as a sweetener to take Haula, a player that Vegas would find useful but was done in Minnesota either way because we couldn't afford to extend him. Vegas took Tuch because he was closer to the NHL than Greenway or Kaprizov.

Both Haula and Tuch did very well last year with opportunities they wouldn't have seen with the Wild, or most other non-expansion teams. I don't think they were nearly the loss that some Wild fans make them out to be, though.

i already knew tuch was offered as a reason to take haula. that was obvious. the only thing i didnt recall was that haula was not affordable? i do believe Tuch would of had a chance to be a top 6 RW had he been on our team still but who knows. Haula never was given the chance here so i can agree with that one.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
i knew that, my reply saying tuch was not touchable was to you saying it was between brodin/dumba/staal/zucker/tuch which it was not that case it was a different scenario. either way whats done is done. its annoying, overwith and hopefully kaprisov is here as quickly as the KHL contract expires.
The decision that Fletcher had to make was between those players. Was it really that hard to follow?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
i already knew tuch was offered as a reason to take haula. that was obvious. the only thing i didnt recall was that haula was not affordable? i do believe Tuch would of had a chance to be a top 6 RW had he been on our team still but who knows. Haula never was given the chance here so i can agree with that one.
Wrong

Reactions: TaLoN

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
The decision that Fletcher had to make was between those players. Was it really that hard to follow?

considering you didnt specify it was fletchers choice between them just simply stated the options were them makes it not obvious to everyone not in your head, hence why even wabit made a reply to you and you had to point it out to him also.

Sure, he wasnt in Yeos dog house his entire time here huh? i guess we view his role on the wild differently then. no need to chatter on that one.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
considering you didnt specify it was fletchers choice between them just simply stated the options were them makes it not obvious to everyone not in your head, hence why even wabit made a reply to you and you had to point it out to him also.

Sure, he wasnt in Yeos dog house his entire time here huh? i guess we view his role on the wild differently then. no need to chatter on that one.
Most players put themselves in the "dog house"

Reactions: BagHead

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland

In the 4 years with the Wild, Haula was never given PP time. That was the mistake, since there is where his shot shines. He had 12ppg's last year and he wasn't even fed good passes. That being said, I think the Wild did still did ok in the draft. Wild don't really need playmakes like Tuch (with 8% s%), they need scorers, and Dumba seems to provide that. Only thing that could have been better is to lose Brodin (and keep Haula) in the draft. The team doesn't really need this this much defensive oriented D. Losing Scandella was a win imo. He had absolutely horrible stats, and since Vegas picked their players purely based on stats , they would not have picked Scandy in any case.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Haula was expendable because JEE was supposed to step in and replace him as 3C, and Cullen was coming to play 4C. He also was in BB's doghouse to end the season. He was also due a new contract; which I don't know if it was ever seriously discussed before the expansion draft; but it could have played a role. :dunno:

Haula wasn't given PP time, but was given quality linemates to play with on the 3rd line. He had Coyle, Nino, Parise, and Pommer as his wings for the 1st half of his last season here.

Reactions: TaLoN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
In the 4 years with the Wild, Haula was never given PP time. That was the mistake, since there is where his shot shines. He had 12ppg's last year and he wasn't even fed good passes. That being said, I think the Wild did still did ok in the draft. Wild don't really need playmakes like Tuch (with 8% s%), they need scorers, and Dumba seems to provide that. Only thing that could have been better is to lose Brodin (and keep Haula) in the draft. The team doesn't really need this this much defensive oriented D. Losing Scandella was a win imo. He had absolutely horrible stats, and since Vegas picked their players purely based on stats , they would not have picked Scandy in any case.
Haula never earned PP time. He was given the 3rd line center spot and failed to maintain it. Numerous times. He also showed up to camp out of shape and wasn't liked in the room.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Haula never earned PP time. He was given the 3rd line center spot and failed to maintain it. Numerous times. He also showed up to camp out of shape and wasn't liked in the room.

He is a 100% scorer, no use in the 4th line.

Showing camp out of shape was a rumor, and Haula is a low stamina player anyway. He goes 100% for a short time and runs out of gas, anyone would.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He is a 100% scorer, no use it 4th line.
He got numerous chances to play with scorers, he failed at every turn. Another thing that Wild fans love to ignore is that, the "scorer" he became in Vegas is a terrible hockey player.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
He got numerous chances to play with scorers, he failed at every turn. Another thing that Wild fans love to ignore is that, the "scorer" he became in Vegas is a terrible hockey player.

Did you listen to the brainless mass or actually watched his stats?

He's had an elite shoot% since the beginning and he's been playing 3rd and 4th line!!! In 15-16 he also smashed it in +/-, which tells me that he didn't do everything wrong.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Did you listen to the brainless mass or actually watched his stats?

He's had an elite shoot% since the beginning and he's been playing 3rd and 4th line!!! In 15-16 he also smashed it in +/-, which tells me that he didn't do everything wrong.
Shooting % ? that's what we're going to use to call Haula an elite scorer? You serious? I am glad that you mnetion +/- though because the +/- number that Haula put up last year was as bad a number as I can ever remember.

The kid is a very talented player that wasn't willing to put in the work to become a consistant NHLer. Going to Vegas was great for him because he's allowed to score more even if it means being a terrible player.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Shooting % ? that's what we're going to use to call Haula an elite scorer? You serious? I am glad that you mnetion +/- though because the +/- number that Haula put up last year was as bad a number as I can ever remember.

The kid is a very talented player that wasn't willing to put in the work to become a consistant NHLer. Going to Vegas was great for him because he's allowed to score more even if it means being a terrible player.

He isn't a top player overall player, but he has a laser beam for a shot, last year he utilized well the chances he had:

j8h59Yb.png

Based on his chances, he should not have had as high shoot% as he had. The thing Wild is missing is an high accuracy sniper/scorer. ixGF/60 is the expected goals/60 based on the quality of his chances.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He isn't a top player overall player, but he has a laser beam for a shot, last year he utilized well the chances he had:

j8h59Yb.png

Based on his chances, he should not have had as high shoot% as he had. The thing Wild is missing is an high accuracy sniper/scorer. ixGF/60 is the expected goals/60 based on the quality of his chances.
Now explain how having a good shot makes him a scorer or even a good player? Dany Heatley had a much better shot than Haula could ever hope to have, and Heatley was nothing more than a 3rd liner for the Wild.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Now explain how having a good shot makes him a scorer or even a good player? Dany Heatley had a much better shot than Haula could ever hope to have, and Heatley was nothing more than a 3rd liner for the Wild.

It doesn't , you just have to use the player to his strength. Just because Vanek and Heatley weren't great overall players, doesn't mean they were useless. Haula has the shot and he has the speed, unlike those two. Haula isn't a top player, but the Wild still have the need for a quality scorer.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It doesn't , you just have to use the player to his strength. Just because Vanek and Heatley weren't great overall players, doesn't mean they were useless. Haula has the shot and he has the speed, unlike those two. Haula isn't a top player, but the Wild still have the need for a quality scorer.
Haula isn't a quality scorer

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
There is also another thing, his father told him to forget the 3rd&4th line role and start scoring. He hired a personal scoring coach and did exactly that. Based on the 15-16 season alone, he can play the defensive role. The thing is, it he had played the 3rd/4th line role, he wouldn't have gotten the respect he now has, even though overall it's for the worse for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad