Minnesota Wild General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
fletch had his hands tied with the unfair expansion rules , what else could he have done? im at the top of the list of fletch bashers however I just don't see any positive choice he had. blame the nhl & betman

Reactions: TaLoN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yes he is, you don't score 29 goals from low quality spots unless you have a great shot.
That just means that he has a quality shot. That was never disputed. A quality SCORER doesn't have to give up 50 goals just to score 29.

If what you say about Haula and his father is accurate? That's more damaging to Haula's character as a player/teammate than anything that I could ever say. Like Dr. Jan pointed out above, all you have to do is look at what Vegas did this summer to see how they felt about Haula's season.

Reactions: TaLoN

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
what is wrong with scandella? I wish we still had him. I would have asked pommer to waive his no trade clause so we could protect an extra player. if not I would have bought him out.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Did Pominville's no-trade list ever come out, which teams were options?

I think I would've settled for a 2nd rounder for Scandy. Would've stung a bit, but I think I would've.
Keeping Pommer and just waiving Scandella would've been a better option than what atually happened. Nobody would miss Haula or Tuch if Fletcher would've made a decent deal after the expansion draft.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
It'll be interesting to see Haula's reaction to being demoted with Vegas' acquisitions of Stastny and Pacioretty. Back to the 3rd line he goes, and probably off of the PP.

Haula will 100% stay on the PP. He was the team leader with a good margin with 12 pp goals, plus he was a top 5 pp scorer in the league in the first half of the season.

Gallant will play him in an offensive role, even though the 2nd line with Perron-Haula-Neal wasn't good, he still switched to Haula in tight games where they needed scoring. Gallant likes his offensive play. I even believe they will test him in the 2nd line... If they play him on the 3rd line with low ice-time, he will be pissed.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
That just means that he has a quality shot. That was never disputed. A quality SCORER doesn't have to give up 50 goals just to score 29.

If what you say about Haula and his father is accurate? That's more damaging to Haula's character as a player/teammate than anything that I could ever say. Like Dr. Jan pointed out above, all you have to do is look at what Vegas did this summer to see how they felt about Haula's season.

It might be damaging, but it was also the right thing for him to do personally. Defensive players just don't get the recognition they deserve.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Haula will 100% stay on the PP. He was the team leader with a good margin with 12 pp goals, plus he was a top 5 pp scorer in the league in the first half of the season.

Gallant will play him in an offensive role, even though the 2nd line with Perron-Haula-Neal wasn't good, he still switched to Haula in tight games where they needed scoring. Gallant likes his offensive play. I even believe they will test him in the 2nd line... If they play him on the 3rd line with low ice-time, he will be pissed.

Top line isn’t coming off. MaxPac, Stastny and Tuch will all be there. Miller, Theodore and Schmidt (when back) will be there. I guess maybe Haula can be in the 10th spot? I wouldn’t say 100% though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad