Minnesota Wild Forum - FAQ & Ideas to Improve

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i like one thread too. easier to scroll back and look stuff up so basically i prefer it because i'm lazy.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
Re-visiting this thread...

I just spent about a half an hour on the Wild Message boards reviewing some of the posts over there. Honestly, we're fine here. The only person over there that I would love to see come over here is OTH.

*shrugs*

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
I think that it should be renamed Everything TR
If another Fire TR thread comes up (which is inevitable), it will happen. Until then, it's a wait-and-see game.

Re-visiting this thread...

I just spent about a half an hour on the Wild Message boards reviewing some of the posts over there. Honestly, we're fine here. The only person over there that I would love to see come over here is OTH.

*shrugs*
That's good to hear. And you make a good point that right now most of the quality posters over there now post here in one form or another. I guess this is the place to be.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Added some FAQs that I get to the first post along with doing some spring cleaning today. If there are any questions which were missed or that you have, please throw them out there.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
So what the hell is this vcash stuff I see under my name

Essentially a form of currency you can use to bet on games throughout the season.

The vBookie forum:
http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Always wondered that as well.. Is it "worth" anything, though? I mean, once you get to 2000 can you buy an HF shirt or a water bottle or something? Or is it basically just a number 0-whatever that says how good or bad we are at predicting outcomes relating to hockey?

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I have a stupid question. It's probably been asked somewhere before, but how do you post pictures on this message board? Is it like a youtube video with the yt boxes around it or what.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com

Just like that:

test.jpg

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
can you somehow get the word accross to whomever, want the ability to like or dislike peoples comments and not always quote them

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Weve got a couple of custom thread prefixes setup for the Wild forum like "Russo: " and whatever, how about adding "Lame Day Thread: " as well since it seems to be getting popular during these dark, dark times.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
As a decision between Jarick, this providence and myself we decided to cut down on the number of stickied threads. The big reason for stickied threads is to help out new and old users alike by having a few general places to find information but their usefulness gets cut back when there are 11 or 12.

Many of the off-topic threads like Video Games, Music, Beer, General OT and others have not been stickied in the past yet are still some of our most popular threads. So with that in mind the "GDT sign-up," "college hockey," "Aeros," "Wild Radio" and "All Encompassing Minnesota Pro Sports Thread" were unstickied.

If a thread gets lost in the mix, we will consider having it stickied in the future. Thanks.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
If suggestions are accepted, I think it would be justifiable to unsticky the North Stars thread. If not, I will just get back in line and keep my peasant mouth shut.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
If suggestions are accepted, I think it would be justifiable to unsticky the North Stars thread. If not, I will just get back in line and keep my peasant mouth shut.

I would assume it's stickied for the people who always seem to jump on our board and start a new thread asking us how we feel about the North Stars/Wild name. Probably saves the mods from moving threads. :dunno:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I would assume it's stickied for the people who always seem to jump on our board and start a new thread asking us how we feel about the North Stars/Wild name. Probably saves the mods from moving threads. :dunno:

That's my assumption as well. Leave it is my vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad