Minnesota Wild Forum - FAQ & Ideas to Improve

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Welcome to the Minnesota Wild forum at HF Boards!

We have a few rules and reminders that we'd like to point out:

Please follow the site rules.
They can be found here.

If you have any questions or comments, you can PM any of the mods.
We actively discuss how to keep the boards friendly and with good hockey talk. You can see them in the top right corner of the Wild forum (right above the search).

Trolling is not allowed.
Posting for the sole purpose of starting a dispute, antagonizing other posters, or disrupting the forum is trolling and the post will be deleted.

Flaming is also not allowed.
Personal attacks and insults, even if they are veiled, is flaming and the post will be deleted. You can attack the argument, but not the poster.

The general boards are "neutral." What may be a trolling post on a team board may not be one in the NHL or prospect boards.
The Minnesota forum is slanted towards the team. Same goes with any other team forum; if you decide to post on one that isn't the Wild, be respectful, courteous and remember that it's a board for fans of said team. And posting on other team boards is at your own risk. Expect consequences if you had a bad purpose.

If you see anyone violating the site rules, PLEASE USE THE REPORT BUTTON.
The post will be immediately reviewed by global mods and that will keep some peace and order.

-

Frequently Asked Questions

Just want to get some thoughtful feedback from people who post here, Wild fans on HF but don't post in this forum for one reason or another and even fans of other teams* about ways to improve HF Wild. Anything you want to see, don't want to see, things that would get more people to post, etc. I enjoy the insightful community that we have built up, but if things can be improved and we can grow larger then I would like to see that happen.

Along with that, here's a list of Frequently Asked Questions about HF Boards and the Wild forum.

#1. How do I embed a Youtube video?
-Use the Youtube tags

Last edited by a moderator:

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
GopherState,

I think you have done a fine job getting our board to become more active.

Throughout the years, we have had many people come and go. But, recently, with your effort on the game-day threads and keeping the board updated with the current Wild news, the board should become more active.

It is nice to see a strong core of posters that aren't egomaniacs. That is generally what makes me stop posting...in other words, keep doing what you're doing and don't let a strong personality or two come in and ruin it.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Similar to what Jocksta added, just make sure to update with Wild news and perhaps other news that relates to the Wild. I believe if you were to keep up something like this, others would fall in line and do the same.

Hopefully over time, some members will see past some of the negatives around this forum as a whole but visit this subsection because of it's quality and even entertainment.

I believe that if you try to keep things light hearted and generally a pleasant place to visit, people will keep coming back, even log in more often, and also attract new fans to HF that otherwise wouldn't visit.

TheTenderness

¡VIVA EL NIÑO!
Jan 18, 2010
Minnesota
Perhaps if people are led to believe that we have punch and pie...

I suspect there are a lot of people like me out there who will read the forums regularly but don't post unless they have something to add to a discussion that's already going on.

There's a snowball effect with the forums. Getting some more conversations going will attract more people to visit and post, even if you have to post through an entire game day thread single-handedly to do it.

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
I actually had been reading HFboards and specifically HF Wild for quite some time, it wasn't until I saw Gopherstate making some GDT's that I decided to sign up and voice my opinion.

I think that the more Wild news, rumors, and prospect updates will make more people want to post here and read about interesting conversations.

It has been a lot more active since the first time I came here and browsed through the HF Wild section of the boards. It seems like we have 5 or 6 solid posters, and hopefully we can continue to grow our fanbase here on the boards.

djp4516

Jan 19, 2008
Minneapolis
I'm more than willing to post here regularly.. I just can't stand some of the topics on the main board, maybe I'll just steer away from that section.. "OMG CLASSLESS HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then the topic ends up going 35 pages.. hilarious.

Overall, if we just keep at it, I think we can get this forum really going. I'm not a big fan of the official Wild forums, so this is a nice place for me.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
GDT's are the key to it plain and simple. It is the one thing our board has always lacked compared to others and because of that you don't get the people who are watching it to actually post what their thoughts are of a certain thing.

When we get to the end of the season, we need to get the Offseason chatter going as well. Rumblings as to what we want on the team, potential lines, et al. Basically anything from the two main topics on this forum (Trade & Proposals + NHL News) combined for our tailoring.

Overall, its leaps and bounds better than it was at this point last year. We have a great core of posters who are into the game and into what they feel makes it work. There isn't bickering or flamming and that is exactly what we need to have a good community.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
One way to get some more activity going is create like a 'Poll of the Day' sort of thing. It wouldn't necessarily need to be an everyday sort of things but maybe every few days. Just come up with one topic a day or so. You could really use anything, like:

Is GopherState's man love for Casey Wellman bordering on creepy?
Should the Wild trade Brent Burns in the offseason?
Giada de Laurentiis or Natalie Portman?

I think three examples are enough. :laugh:

Anywho, it can be serious Wild questions or just off the wall stuff for fun. Might make for some good conversations.

UMD05

Hobey Baker Champs
Mar 5, 2010
St. Paul, MN
One way to get some more activity going is create like a 'Poll of the Day' sort of thing. It wouldn't necessarily need to be an everyday sort of things but maybe every few days. Just come up with one topic a day or so. You could really use anything, like:

Anywho, it can be serious Wild questions or just off the wall stuff for fun. Might make for some good conversations.

Good idea. Maybe hold off on the trading Burns poll though for my sake... I don't want to shop for a new computer monitor.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot

I really like this idea - sort a daily discussion thread. And to answer your first question, it hasn't hit Zach Bogosian levels yet.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
Just a couple of suggestions ...

1. More topics about our prospects
2. Invite a Twin Cities journalist to blog on this board
3. Deeper insight (below)

... for example, many us of know from the 1980s that "Secord sucks", but why did he suck and how often?

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
iwastoldthere128627100977831633.jpg

I don't think there's anything wrong with this board per se, I just don't think the Wild fanbase on the whole isn't as zealous as other fanbases. Which isn't a bad thing, but it can cause tumbleweeds from time to time.

I suppose I could post more to contribute to the board.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
This board is actually fun to post to. The Wild.com board is so full of d'bags that I've abandoned it and take refuge here. Keep it fun and light, and people will come back.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well... you may as well make a Vikings one as well then right? After all, the NFL has no offseason anymore. ;)

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
I was lead to believe there'd be punch and pie.

I'm starting to post over here because the Official Wild board is starting to suck wind.

You'll add more members by just keeping it simple. Just make sure you're compiling news/rumors, because there's not much else to talk about this time of year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad