Minnesota Wild Forum - FAQ & Ideas to Improve

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
It's a dead part of the hockey year, but there are new folks and frankly I'm always interested in ways to improve our small little community. Bueller? Bueller?
Once again, throwing this out. I have a couple ideas of things to add, but I'm one person and frankly this isn't just a forum for me.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I'm just throwing this out there but maybe we could do a player profile every day leading up to the season. Their strengths/negatives and expectations for the year?

For example:

Nick Schultz:

Good mobility, good at shutting down passing lanes. Solid stay-at home defender. Needs to get more shots on net. Needs to get back to what he does best, being solid in his own zone. Does not need to try to jump into the play.

Expectations: Return to old form, being a solid veteran who blocks shots, plays first PK minutes. Hopefully does not try to rush the puck or try to join in the rush as much. Less points than last year but better +/-.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
I'm just throwing this out there but maybe we could do a player profile every day leading up to the season. Their strengths/negatives and expectations for the year?

For example:

Nick Schultz:

Good mobility, good at shutting down passing lanes. Solid stay-at home defender. Needs to get more shots on net. Needs to get back to what he does best, being solid in his own zone. Does not need to try to jump into the play.

Expectations: Return to old form, being a solid veteran who blocks shots, plays first PK minutes. Hopefully does not try to rush the puck or try to join in the rush as much. Less points than last year but better +/-.
I like this idea - how do we want to split up guys?

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Sorry I meant figuring out which posters take which player.

Just do it like how the mock drafts are done: list the players, let the posters call dibs on who they want, and then tell us that our homework is due on this date so it can all be posted in one thread, and then everyone can have punch and pie while we rip each other for our opinions.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Just do it like how the mock drafts are done: list the players, let the posters call dibs on who they want, and then tell us that our homework is due on this date so it can all be posted in one thread, and then everyone can have punch and pie while we rip each other for our opinions.

That works. I was thinking more along the lines of you making a post with the player name and then everyone gives pros/cons/expectations.

Either way should promote discussion.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Two things that I want to run by everyone:
1. I'm thinking of adding onto the first post in this thread with a bunch of Frequently Asked Questions. The two big questions are definitely "how do I embed a Youtube video?" and "why can't I vote in a poll?" but I'm sure there are others which people have.

2. There's a lot of small articles and blog posts over the season which don't entirely deserve their own thread but are interesting reads nonetheless. Would anyone be interested in having a post like the Oilers do (see here) where a lot of small articles get the attention they deserve? It can even be combined with the DDT once the season starts again.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Two things that I want to run by everyone:
1. I'm thinking of adding onto the first post in this thread with a bunch of Frequently Asked Questions. The two big questions are definitely "how do I embed a Youtube video?" and "why can't I vote in a poll?" but I'm sure there are others which people have.

2. There's a lot of small articles and blog posts over the season which don't entirely deserve their own thread but are interesting reads nonetheless. Would anyone be interested in having a post like the Oilers do (see here) where a lot of small articles get the attention they deserve? It can even be combined with the DDT once the season starts again.

Daryl

Jul 22, 2010
There can be a few things that we all can do and that is:
-Spread the word to Wild fans that aren't on here.
-Participate on GDT threads,normal threads,and polls
-Keep the discussion going
-Help each other out
-And be patient with the progress where we will slowly thrive to acheive.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
All forums go in waves...

Some time there is drama, other time, no drama.

I guess I should have put it in my bio that I post "vulcan". I've only felt "emotional" about one player in particular, and I haven't really ever let that show in any of my posts.

Sure, I might be snarky at times about players, but...

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I agree that it's a little tough to come here and read the continued conversation right now. It's getting extremely old already and the season's just begun. Not having the strongest of starts in Finland and having this long delay in between the next game certainly isn't helping.

Even though it's going to be hard, just attempt to ignore the same old stuff and the things you're sick of. It's going to be a long year for all of us if the conversation like this keeps up.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Not to be a Negative Nancy, but a little drama never hurt anyone on a message board. In fact, it helps spark debate and passion within people, so long as its at the opinion and not the person (even I've been guilty of that). Its when threads get hijacked into the same discussion every time that it becomes wasted. Those who do it know who they are.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
I agree that it's a little tough to come here and read the continued conversation right now. It's getting extremely old already and the season's just begun. Not having the strongest of starts in Finland and having this long delay in between the next game certainly isn't helping.

Even though it's going to be hard, just attempt to ignore the same old stuff and the things you're sick of. It's going to be a long year for all of us if the conversation like this keeps up.

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but a little drama never hurt anyone on a message board. In fact, it helps spark debate and passion within people, so long as its at the opinion and not the person (even I've been guilty of that). Its when threads get hijacked into the same discussion every time that it becomes wasted. Those who do it know who they are.
I have to agree with both of these. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing or having a good discussion; it's the basis of conversation. However at this point there's not much to talk about given the week off after Finland and the losing streak makes it hard to stay positive. Hopefully this changes with the game tomorrow, but I will try to do a better job of being on top on the thread hijacking (which seems to be the bigger problem) so that doesn't bring down the collective mood of the forum.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
On a much more positive note, what is everyone's thoughts on having a post-game thread rather than just continuing to talk about the game in the game-day thread?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
On a much more positive note, what is everyone's thoughts on having a post-game thread rather than just continuing to talk about the game in the game-day thread?

I think that would be good along with a general Todd Richard's thread because you know those are going to be cropping up A LOT lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad