Minnesota Wild Forum - FAQ & Ideas to Improve

bWo*

Thread finding help

hello, can somebody link me the thread where there was one guy in a wild gdt(99% sure it was a wild gdt)? ive been looking but cant find it. thank-you.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Team has a franchise record in points at this point through the season but we get this and the Koivu topic. I remember when this board was actually readable. The Wild website fan board wasn't even this bad.

Billy Mays Here*

Team has a franchise record in points at this point through the season but we get this and the Koivu topic. I remember when this board was actually readable. The Wild website fan board wasn't even this bad.

You're more than welcome to go back if you don't like it here.

Billy Mays Here*

That's uncalled for. If Yeo haters are allowed to spew, then he has every right to make that statement, and I happen to think he's right.

Then go there then and stop complaining about how bad it is here.

Billy Mays Here*

Coming from you, this has to be the post of the year. Did you really just tell somebody to stop complaining?

To stop complaining about HF Wild yes.

We're here to discuss the Wild hockey club, so complaining about THE WILD is fine and acceptable.

Complaining about HF Wild and its posters is irrelevant, and saying another message board is better doesn't sit well with me when I very much enjoy discussing hockey on this site.

J22*

To stop complaining about HF Wild yes.

We're here to discuss the Wild hockey club, so complaining about THE WILD is fine and acceptable.

Complaining about HF Wild and its posters is irrelevant, and saying another message board is better doesn't sit well with me when I very much enjoy discussing hockey on this site.

That used to happen quite often around here. Lately it seems like this board is becoming nothing more than a contest to see who can prove they are the most "pissed off".

Honest question to you BMH. You've been around for a few years, do you think this board is trending in positive direction from where it has been?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
That used to happen quite often around here. Lately it seems like this board is becoming nothing more than a contest to see who can prove they are the most "pissed off".

Honest question to you BMH. You've been around for a few years, do you think this board is trending in positive direction from where it has been?

Agreed with the top part and i'd say a not a chance in hell to the bottom part.

Billy Mays Here*

It's more or less the same from what I've seen. We get pissed off when we're losing, happy when we're winning, and can be quite bi-polar sometimes. Some posters are more vocal about discussing their feelings than others, for better or worse. I'm certainly one of them and I know I piss off a lot of people but I love voicing my opinion here since none of my friends know enough about the Wild to know what the hell I'm talking about.

The big thing to me is that maybe a few years ago we'd all be pretty happy with where we are in the standing right now, but with better players arriving, and raised expectations, we all get disgruntled more easily than maybe we would've earlier. That combined with the fact that we can't seem to shake this tradition of being a low goal-scoring team makes conflict more frequent.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
You've been around for a few years, do you think this board is trending in positive direction from where it has been?

To be honest, I've been posting here since around 2002-2003 (my tag says otherwise but I started posting after the Wild made a deep playoff run). While the board has certainly seen some interesting posters in the past, I don't know if you can say we've been trending in a positive direction. I would say a more annoying direction than positive.

I've noticed that a LOT of Wild fans have almost become as bad as some Edmonton/Toronto/Montreal fans (and that is saying something) in terms of homerism and just annoying tendencies outside this board. I've also noticed a tendency to troll/bait/flame posters at a higher rate.

I don't know if I rather have a quiet board or an annoying board at this point. I do miss some of the former posters here and I have some speculation on why they left.

At this point, I really given up on the fan base. Especially after Riser. I just follow the team, hope for the best, and criticize when they need to be criticized and cheer when they are doing great (like tonight's game).

As for Mike Yeo, Fletcher only kept him around this long, so that in the off-season he can fire him and save his own ass from getting a little too warm.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Here's my two cents on the above posts about the forum "going downhill":

1. A forum is completely user driven content. If it's going downhill, it's the users that are doing so, not the site host.

Basically since the lockout, I've seen a rise in a lot of sarcastic, spiteful, useless posting. It doesn't directly violate site rules, so mods typically don't touch it, but it contributes to the overall attitude. If several people get pissy, everyone gets pissy.

Read through your posts before you hit send. Does it add to the conversation? Are you discussing something or are you just trying to get your last word in?

2. As to why there might be a rise in tension, well look at the team. The Wild hasn't had much success in many years, expectations are on the rise, and it's a tight playoff race. If you're passionate about a team enough to post on a forum like this, you're going to be caught up in the action.

I would just ask, and I try to remind myself of this when I post, that you don't let that tension and passion come out the wrong way. Again, are you posting something because you're taking part in a discussion or because you want to get a snide remark in? Act like an adult, you know?

It was easier to all be on the same side when the team had zero expectations, everyone thought we were terrible and boring, and the future seemed brighter than the present. The stakes were lower. If and when the Wild hits the points where they are a dominant team, it will probably be easier to find that commonality.

3. Our jobs as moderators are simply to enforce the site rules, not to direct conversations or censor opinions. If you want to go back to the "Wild West" of the old Wild boards, then do so and don't complain about moderation here as it's against site rules. And those rules have been there long before I started posting here.

On the flip side, if you have HELPFUL suggestions, feel free to PM any of the mods. We are always looking for new ideas, especially when the off-season hits. We always keep an eye out for good active members to help the moderation team out.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i would like it if a mod is going to delete a post to please pm & give a brief explanation why someone violated the rules. thank you. i enjoy this sight! im glad this board isnt swearfest or i'll meet you in a dark ally if you dont agree with me.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
i would like it if a mod is going to delete a post to please pm & give a brief explanation why someone violated the rules. thank you.

Agreed. This should be customary in every deleted post, not just the ones which warrant further disciplinary actions (warnings, infractions).

Also, you should perhaps look at the posting tendencies of some people here. Not gonna call anyone out, but some posters have been very arrogant and nitpicky lately. No need to comment on EVERY post if you notice a slight thing you don't agree with, it's just annoying, especially when the guys doing it are such besserwissers.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I usually won't send a PM if I just delete a post as it happens all the time (off topic, quoting a deleted post, getting in the middle of a flame war, etc). Required to send a PM when warning or infracting though.

A big part of it is that I don't come on here to moderate, I come to read and talk about hockey, and I end up spending 50%+ of my time moderating. So I try and zip through that stuff it's fairly routine and especially with a veteran poster who knows the rules.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
On the flip side, if you have HELPFUL suggestions, feel free to PM any of the mods. We are always looking for new ideas, especially when the off-season hits. We always keep an eye out for good active members to help the moderation team out.

Well here is the issue. I have 3 people on my ignore list from this board because they either contribute nothing to the discussions going on, or they are just blatantly flaming others in order to make their own statement become more "fact" as opposed to having a meaningful discussion. I've PM'ed mods in the past that these are the types of people that shouldn't even be allowed on this board because there is no substance behind their post other than "I'm smarter than you" or "read what I type!" type responses from those users.

Lets put it this way...there should be no reason why I need to have anyone on my ignore list from this board. There is supposed to be a common interest, the team, between us all. If there isn't that interest, then show them the door.

Billy Mays Here*

Agreed. This should be customary in every deleted post, not just the ones which warrant further disciplinary actions (warnings, infractions).

Also, you should perhaps look at the posting tendencies of some people here. Not gonna call anyone out, but some posters have been very arrogant and nitpicky lately. No need to comment on EVERY post if you notice a slight thing you don't agree with, it's just annoying, especially when the guys doing it are such besserwissers.

So there's no need to correct everyone on a simple spelling mistake right? ;)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

I try to send a PM to people when I can when I delete or edit a post and it's not obvious why it would need to be edited or deleted, especially if the poster is new.

When the board is extra busy during, say, a GDT, and things start to get a little messy, it's often not possible to send a message to everyone.

And as Jarick mentioned, a lot of posts get deleted because of things like being in the middle of a little flame war, quoting another post that was deleted, or just being too far off topic for the current discussion.

If one of your posts does get deleted or edited and you don't get an explanation and would like one, feel free to PM any of the moderators here and we'll be sure to answer your question once we get a free minute or two. :nod:

Well here is the issue. I have 3 people on my ignore list from this board because they either contribute nothing to the discussions going on, or they are just blatantly flaming others in order to make their own statement become more "fact" as opposed to having a meaningful discussion. I've PM'ed mods in the past that these are the types of people that shouldn't even be allowed on this board because there is no substance behind their post other than "I'm smarter than you" or "read what I type!" type responses from those users.

Lets put it this way...there should be no reason why I need to have anyone on my ignore list from this board. There is supposed to be a common interest, the team, between us all. If there isn't that interest, then show them the door.

The thing is with any community there are going to be differences in opinion, sometimes drastic. Another thing to realize is that HFWild is part of a greater community: the whole of HFBoards. Posters who are fans of any team are free to post anywhere on the boards as long as they're not breaking the rules.

And if you guys do see a post that you feel violates the rules, you can use the report button (the yield symbol) at the bottom of each post to bring it to the attention of the moderating team. Don't respond to troll posts, report them. I can not emphasize that enough.

Gimp

May 16, 2007
This board is alright and not going downhill. I enjoy following like I did when I joined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad