GDT: Minnesota in town to get set ablaze by the CALGARY FLAMES. 7PM MTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Explain how hitting someone in the head is clean, I'm ready to read it.
Rule 48. Should I post it here or do you know how to find it?

The blanket rule against all head hits only exists in international hockey. In the NHL, there are hits where head contact is allowed, even as the main point of contact.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Hit wasn't late but the head seemed to be the principle point of contact. Good on Lomberg for sticking up for Backs and hopefully Backs is alright.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Rule 48. Should I post it here or do you know how to find it?

The blanket rule against all head hits only exists in international hockey. In the NHL, there are hits where head contact is allowed, even as the main point of contact.

Post it then.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Also, Flames are one point out of first in the West.

Totally shocked.

So far the coaching change and player trades/pickups by T are working out.

I am willing to eat some black foul.

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Not their best game, and it'd suck to lose Backlund; hopefully it's nothing major

If he is out though,
Tkachuk-Bennett-Czarnik

have the chance to light it up

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Post it then.
upload_2018-12-6_20-50-46.png

So the Cole's Notes version is that in order for it to be an illegal check to the head, the referees (or the DoPS) has to believe that the hit could have been made without hitting the head. Given Backlund's positioning prior to the hit, and given there was nothing specifically done by Dumba to increase head contact, it's a clean hit.

Reactions: JPeeper

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I disagree, Dumba shot upwards and lead with the elbow/forearm.

Not that upset with the hit though, the constant slashing/diving/interference is what annoys me. The refs not calling a trip on him earlier on Backs is also a complete and utter joke. Like I said, if the refs were investigated after this game for game fixing, I guarantee you'd find it because that officiating was a disgrace to the game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I only had a problem with a few of the refs' decisions tonight. Mainly I thought they could have called Koivu for a dive on the Bennett penalty, it's their job to see the slash on Gaudreau, however subtle, and not calling a blatant trip on a guy going for an empty net should be a suspendable offence. But other than that, they were pretty on the money tonight.

Reactions: Cyrano

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Not their best game, and it'd suck to lose Backlund; hopefully it's nothing major

If he is out though,
Tkachuk-Bennett-Czarnik

have the chance to light it up

Not sure about lighting it up but the Tkachuk, Backlund, Bennett line is not working anyway

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Guys, I have a wild idea. An incredibly stupid idea. Truly off the goop. Just flat out dumb as hell.

Mangiapane - Backlund - Tkachuk

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Have you ever walked in to something by accident with your head down? He was already making the hit, Backlund was just looking at his shoelaces. I honestly have no problem with it.

These head shots and predatory hits need to be removed from the game. Dumba should have been chucked.

Gio's hit on Koivu was borderline too.

Moving forward if Back's is out for long it will hurt the Flames though it will be an opportunity for Jankowski and possibly a return to the line-up for Dube.

Really hope Backlund isn't concussed.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
These head shots and predatory hits need to be removed from the game. Dumba should have been chucked.

Gio's hit on Koivu was borderline too.

Moving forward if Back's is out for long it will hurt the Flames though it will be an opportunity for Jankowski and possibly a return to the line-up for Dube.

Really hope Backlund isn't concussed.
I disagree. You have to be a Flames fan to not like that hit. Fans of 30 teams were entertained, and importantly, that's a play that Backlund had the ability to avoid. He skated himself right into it and wasn't aware of Dumba's movements.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
How on earth would John Shannon know that information? That fast, too? Let's wait until something comes from the organization

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

That's great... death by a thousand cuts to our lineup continues.

That really blows. I guess that raises the question of whether you move Lindholm to his spot, or you try to preserve the energy that the first line has and play one of Ryan or Jankowski on the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad