Value of: Minnesota Embraces the Rebuild: Fire Sale

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If it came down to Kapanen for Greenway straight up I’d be more inclined to keep Greenway.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Kapanen for Greenway is more than fair, I think it has legit base, the only problem is the need for a player like Greenway is in demand

Risk would be if Kapanen just stays a consistent 15-20 goal guy, good pker etc for the Wild and Greenway never breaks out the way you'd hope.

Just don't play him at LW. He was bad at LW on the Marlies and no surprise he's bad at LW in the NHL too.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Greenway's potential, and his size and strength is going to be something when he fills out, but i don't see him going in a straight trade for Kapanen. MN would have to add.

Also, Foligno is more than worth his salary. If MN is retaining, it better be for something good coming in return.

Marner has been a terrific player, but that contract sure makes him less valuable.

Reactions: Chainshot

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would also do Zuccarello for Backes straight up. The former is a RW, though he is a LHS. This deal just might get BOS another Cup or two. MN's angle would be to get rid of salary in the long term, for a team that is going nowhere in the short term.
Backes is finished, but he, Parise and Suter can go out for beers after the game and talk about the good 'ol days when he used to crosscheck them in the back of the head after whistles.

Basically, anything that has the reek of Fenton attached to it can go, as far as i'm concerned. And that includes his son.

Reactions: PuckInTheNards

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Would love to have Spurgeon but I cant imagine him being too happy being dealt after signing the extension which hasn't even started yet. The cap would be an issue on the Leafs end as well. Any trade would have to include Ceci and Johnnson/Kapanen or Nylander. And that wouldn't even factor in value of the players involved.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Would love to have Spurgeon but I cant imagine him being too happy being dealt after signing the extension which hasn't even started yet. The cap would be an issue on the Leafs end as well. Any trade would have to include Ceci and Johnnson/Kapanen or Nylander. And that wouldn't even factor in value of the players involved.

I wouldn't be shocked with him being willing if team continues downward.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Spurgeon for Nylander.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Leafs somehow snagged Spurgeon (unlikely), then it would probably make signing Barrie impossible. Not sure that's the direction they want to go in.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If Leafs somehow snagged Spurgeon (unlikely), then it would probably make signing Barrie impossible. Not sure that's the direction they want to go in.
He might not be back anyways. Hes going to command a lot of dough. Muzzin also needs to be signed and is more of a need IMO. He will also be much cheaper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad