Value of: Minnesota Embraces the Rebuild: Fire Sale

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What would you want from Edmonton for Zucker? Keep in mind that we'd need to shed some salary to make it work.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id love spurgeon but not sure wed be able to afford him w/o making our team worse... unless you guys are lookin for pick and prospects

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
What do you want from me lol
I'm not sure, but not him. Hes a gamble at this point. In that scenario I'd rather take back a young defender. Not a top prospect or anything, just one with upside. Even a third pairing D. Fiala would just add to a strength.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wild the next team to come close to having a sell off sale but turning it around and winning a cup? :sarcasm:.

Ok, I woke up from my dream now

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A really late first( where TOR is likely to pick) and prospects for Spurgeon doesn't get me excited, at all. They would also have to send back salary, and probably not very good salary.

Only thing that fits for me is Nylander, but I don't think TML wants to do that.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
A really late first( where TOR is likely to pick) and prospects for Spurgeon doesn't get me excited, at all. They would also have to send back salary, and probably not very good salary.

Only thing that fits for me is Nylander, but I don't think TML wants to do that.
They also don't have their 2020 1st.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
From NYI I'd like to add Zucker and Donato.

From TOR I'd like to add Foligno and Spurgeon.

Some real good pieces to sell for a rebuild there.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Not sure what is with the hate of Kap lately. Always 1 guy fans are always trying to trade. He is a middle 6 winger that can play special teams and pot 20 goals. He is signed with term for cheap. You need some depth guys who are established. He can also slide up the lineup.

6 poor games on his offside on a struggling line to start the year means nothing. When he went back to his RW natural side last night his line has 60% CF..

Reactions: ElTito

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Whoever made this needs to stop. Spurgeon & brodin & parise & suter & dumba aren't going anywhere
Brodin is one of the most movable assets on the Wild roster. In fact, looking at the future of the team, he's one of the least likely to be here around expansion draft time.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Brodin is one of the most movable assets on the Wild roster. In fact, looking at the future of the team, he's one of the least likely to be here around expansion draft time.

I would guess that he’s the guy Seattle picks

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Trading Brodin would kill me but it may need to happen sooner than later. The return should be great and considering we have 392 immovable contracts, he is the logical one to put on the trade block.

He’s still young, can play both sides, PK stud and one of the best skaters around. Dude is just an all around stud. Florida would be a good landing spot for him. Play on the top pair with Ekblad.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Eric Staal to the Flames for : I dunno, not nothing, definitely something, but not a big something.

Probably a pick with some sort of condition based on performance then another pick with no condition.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, let's trade our good young players like Brodin and keep our old non performing players like Dubnyk, Staal, Parise, Pateryn.

Makes no f***ing sense. Brodin can decline 20% in his skating ability and still be above average. He's good for another 8-10 years. Keep him and Dumba, and attempt to move everyone else.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah, let's trade our good young players like Brodin and keep our old non performing players like Dubnyk, Staal, Parise, Pateryn.

Makes no ****ing sense. Brodin can decline 20% in his skating ability and still be above average. He's good for another 8-10 years. Keep him and Dumba, and attempt to move everyone else.
I mean if you can trade those guys by all means, do that first.

If we're looking at guys who are both moveable and valuable though, Brodin's name is definitely at the top right now.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Makes no ****ing sense. Brodin can decline 20% in his skating ability and still be above average. He's good for another 8-10 years. Keep him and Dumba, and attempt to move everyone else.
This team has a ton of problems, top 4 defense isn't one of them. To fix other problems you need to move from a position of strength.

Our top 4 is our strength, but 2 have no move clauses, the other is our centerpiece to build from.

With all the unmovable pieces at forward, that leaves one obvious moveable piece that can bring a valuable return to help right this ship in the next 2 years. Brodin.

Get a nice return, which also clears some cap to give the team roster freedom to build with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad