Trade: [MIN/PHI] Sam Bradford to the Vikings for 1st rounder in 2017 & 4th rounder in 2018

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wentz and prescott are starting week 1 and goff is the 3rd string QB

what a turn of events

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wait, they traded what for who? Just when you think it can't get worse, this happens. How is Bradford the guy you go "all in" with?

Oh well. I'll give him a chance. I'm reaching for anything here so I guess a positive is that the Vikings are better today than they were yesterday. I had the ceiling at around 7 wins with Hill at QB and I'd bump that up to 9 now. Bradford has never been one to inspire much confidence though and he's an injury prone pocket passer playing behind a suspect OL.

I wonder when he'll actually play. They probably shouldn't throw him in there in 8 days.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Exactly. Its not like Bridgewater is Brees or Rodgers in which the team success is directly tied to them.

Yeah Gene but geez - I'm seriously wondering if they grabbed the very first thing thrown at them. I wonder if the same package could have pulled Brees from NO.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Would've needed multiple 1st round picks, plus Bridgewater himself likely to pull Brees from NOLA

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Hold on...are you saying this is a bad move for the Eagles?

The trade = great move. Score one for the GM.

Marching out a 1st round QB that's clearly not ready = bad move, and it's probably going to be pretty ugly. I can't imagine the Eagles coaching staff is pleased with this.

I just hope Wentz doesn't go down the road of David Carr. I genuinely liked Wentz in the draft and was looking forward to his development.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Vikings have a few extra picks next year so they might have ammo to jump back into the 1st round if they want to. They have their 2nd, two 3rds, and two 4ths.

Yeah, I'm still reaching for something to make me feel better. It's kinda working.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bradford overview

Bradford finished 2015 with an overall grade of 81.5 (11th) and a pure passing grade of 80.9 (10th). Despite recording three negatively graded games in a row to open the year, he bounced back down the stretch, finishing with 346 completions on 532 attempts (65 percent), 3,725 yards, 19 TDs and 14 INTs. Bradford threw too many picks this year, but only seven of them can be attributed to poor play on his part. Although the raw numbers aren’t the best, Bradford has been somewhat successful despite the supporting cast around him, not because of it.

Short accuracy

Bradford’s greatest strength is his accuracy. He only finished the season completing 65 percent of his passes, the 11th best mark in the league, but had an accuracy percentage of 78.1 percent, which was fourth. The main reason for the discrepancy is drops; Bradford suffered 42 drops in 2015 on a league-high 7.9 percent of his passes. It was the same story for the former Rams QB in 2013, where he had the seventh-highest accuracy percentage (74.7) but completed only 60.7 percent of his passes because his receivers once again let him down (8.0 percent drop rate). There are few better QBs at consistently moving the chains than Bradford, as illustrated by his completion percentage of 83.0 on short passes (10 yards or less).

Passing under pressure

Another one of Bradford’s greatest strengths is his ability as a passer when disrupted in the pocket. He was particularly excellent in 2015; Bradford finished the season as our most accurate passer under pressure, putting his passes on the money on 74.6 percent of plays, well ahead of his nearest competitor (Carson Palmer, 71.8 percent). Bradford also finished with more touchdown throw (eight) than interceptions (seven). Over the course of his career, he’s thrown 21 touchdowns compared to 17 picks with a muddy pocket. Bradford’s pocket presence, including his ability to evade the rush and keep his eyes downfield, improved as the season went along, as he became more confident in his knee. He was clearly tentative in his early-season outings, which resulted in some poor performances.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-best-landing-spots-for-free-agent-qb-sam-bradford/

I'm in. Lets do this.

(Don't click on that link and read the weaknesses)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
This also tells me Vikings are worried about Teddy B's health for the 2017 season.

With how bad his injury is its not a sure thing he'll be recovered in time for next season - and even if he was he probably wouldn't have enough reps in.

------

1st rounder for Bradford is an awful lot for a QB with 2 messed up knees himself.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wentz starting Week 1 would be a serious mistake.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He can't start week 1 because he's still hurt.

Week 5 would be the absolute earliest (which is still too early)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I was not aware of that.

I read something that they were gonna wait until week 5 at the earliest. God help them if they actually throw him out there from day 1.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Why are they paying daniel this much cash to sit him again and again? Insanity.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Why throw Wentz into the fire when you have Daniel? It makes even less sense because of his injury and the reps he has missed.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I
Why throw Wentz into the fire when you have Daniel? It makes even less sense because of his injury and the reps he has missed.

Wentz has not played since the first pre season game. He will still backup Daniel until the coaching staff deems he is ready.

As for the Brown's being the ultimate winner, I would agree. However, for the eagles, their first round pick is a sunk cost. It's gone. No need to worry about it now. They were able to re-coup a couple of picks back, which helps to offset the first and second they owe the Brown's this coming draft.

As for the Vikings, Bradford will finally be with a solid team. Defense is rising and should be ready to challenge the likes of Carolina, Seattle, Arizona for some of the top defensive categories. They have the best RB in football.

O-line got better with Alex Boone. Have a good TE in Rudolph. Diggs is a good young WR. They added Treadwell on the other side. Weapons are there. Bradford for the most part has to manage the game and convert some third downs. He won't be asked to carry the team like in st. Louis or philly.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Ugh, don't care for this trade. A first is too much and now I hear the 4th rounder could be higher depending on Bradford's performance?! I would have been fine with a second rounder and a 4th for a slightly below average, injury-prone QB.

Vikings better win 10 - 11 games, make the playoffs and be drafting in the bottom-10 for this deal to be remotely salvageable.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
vikes would've been better off bringing favre out of retirement than giving up those picks for bradford

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad