Trade: [MIN/PHI] Sam Bradford to the Vikings for 1st rounder in 2017 & 4th rounder in 2018

JCD

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't say either guy is insanely talented, but Bradfords been really good.

I think Bridgewaters got the better demeanor though.

Agree that neither are going to make people forget about Rogers.

Teddy is more mobile, Bradford has a better arm.

Bradford is playing outstanding and giving the team a chance to win. The passing game is carrying the offense, more about efficiency than big plays. Could teddy do as well? Maybe.

Who knows when Bridgewater is able to return. Or if he will be able to scramble again. What the Vikes do have is a decent starter that gives them time. When both QBs are back, one becomes solid trade bait. Until then, Bradford is auditioning for a long term home and trying to remind people why he was once the 1st overall pick.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Why? I don't think Bradford has a bad demeanor. I would expect what he said from almost anyone.

Two things come to mind, him throwing away the binder behind his back in St Louis after getting sacked a lot in the game. Basically giving up. I'll have to find the video

The other one, him demanding a trade because he had to compete for the job, not a fan of that move.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Two things come to mind, him throwing away the binder behind his back in St Louis after getting sacked a lot in the game. Basically giving up. I'll have to find the video

The other one, him demanding a trade because he had to compete for the job, not a fan of that move.

People keep saying this but not only is it not true, pretty much the opposite was true. If the Eagles hadn't traded Bradford he would have been the starter this year. No two ways about it, no competition from either Wentz or Daniel. Daniel would have been the backup and Wentz would have been in street clothes holding a clipboard. Maybe he would have gotten into a game late in the season, depending on how things went.

After this season, Bradford was as good as gone. If the Eagles had kept him and let him play out his contract he would have walked as a free agent, so they had to trade him before next season to have any hope of getting something back.

All Bradford did was read the writing on the wall that was written in 10 foot high letters- he had no future with the Eagles. You don't give up what the Eagles gave up to draft Wentz and then make him compete for a job. There never was any actual competition for the Eagles starting QB job. It belonged to Bradford this year, and then Wentz next year and thereafter.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think the question now is: Did the Vikings upgrade at QB when they traded for Bradford?

I think they may have.

Bradford is playing great and looks better than Teddy did in his first two years. There's no denying that. The funny thing is that while Bradford might be better suited for a Norv Turner offense, they're not really running a traditional Norv offense. They're running the type of offense Teddy would thrive in but didn't do it with him because of Peterson and some stubbornness.

I feel for Teddy because I believe he was in for a breakout season but I like what I've seen from Bradford so far. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
I think the question now is: Did the Vikings upgrade at QB when they traded for Bradford?

I think they may have.

Yes, no doubt in my mind.
I think Bradford has a stronger/ more accurate arm, but it's his pocket presence and quicker/ smarter decisions under center that set him apart from Bridgewater.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
So Fox sports ran with a Photoshopped picture with Bradford's head on Bridgewater's body... Vikings response is hilarious.

Cu7UkhwWYAA7G9d.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->