Trade: [MIN/PHI] Sam Bradford to the Vikings for 1st rounder in 2017 & 4th rounder in 2018

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bridgewater has become pretty overrated. He was never anything more than efficient at times. Part of that is coaching, but he was essentially just a game manager. Really isn't a huge loss. Sure, the hope was that he'd improve, but he's far from irreplaceable. Bradford right now is an upgrade, I'd say. Problem is that he's going in a week before the season starts to learn a completely different offense. That never seems to go well.

It'll be really interesting to see how they approach this if Bridgewater is ready to go next year.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I honestly dont see the Eagle finishing with a bottom 5 record. I think think they go 3-3 in the division and find at least 3 other wins along the way. Their defensive line is going to cause problem for just about every team. I love this trade, I just wouldnt start Wentz until after their bye week. I would still have him play series though in those games.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I honestly dont see the Eagle finishing with a bottom 5 record. I think think they go 3-3 in the division and find at least 3 other wins along the way. Their defensive line is going to cause problem for just about every team. I love this trade, I just wouldnt start Wentz until after their bye week. I would still have him play series though in those games.

Wentz is going to struggle now that he's playing against top competition, and when that happens you have career back up Chase Daniel. Not to mention the rest of the team isn't exactly loaded.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lost in all of this is how the Eagles are wasting 7 million on a back up.

What's the point of signing Daniel for that much when you're not even gonna bother using him as a stop gap?

This is so bad for the kid's development. Even the Rams are gonna have the sense to sit Goff.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Its not bad for his development, he needs reps since he hasn't played much football. Its just going to be ugly. Goff needs to sit for his own health. He needs weight room time. Playing in a division that has monster d-lineman and pass rushers, he wouldn't finish the year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Lost in all of this is how the Eagles are wasting 7 million on a back up.

What's the point of signing Daniel for that much when you're not even gonna bother using him as a stop gap?

This is so bad for the kid's development. Even the Rams are gonna have the sense to sit Goff.

That was the plan but I guess Lurie & Roseman didn't want their big investment riding the pine.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
On one hand, from a football standpoint, I actually don't mind getting Bradford given the circumstances.

On the other hand, from a value standpoint I absolutely abhor trading a ****ing 1st round pick for him.

Jesus ****in Christ Speilman.

**Complains about teams trying to extort him given the Vikings desperation**

***Proceeds to get extorted***

:facepalm:

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
On one hand, from a football standpoint, I actually don't mind getting Bradford given the circumstances.

On the other hand, from a value standpoint I absolutely abhor trading a ****ing 1st round pick for him.

Jesus ****in Christ Speilman.

**Complains about teams trying to extort him given the Vikings desperation**

***Proceeds to get extorted***

:facepalm:

He didn't get extorted as bad as he could have. Teams were asking for guys like Harrison Smith, Anthony Barr, and Eric Kendricks.

We still have 8 draft picks next season. The Vikes have their own picks 2-7 and also Miami's 3rd and 4th round picks. The 3rd rounder is the lowest of Miami's 3rd round picks. So if they get a conditional 3rd rounder we get that. If they don't get a conditional 3rd rounder, however, that pick could turn out to be a high 3rd round pick, since I don't see the Dolphins being that good.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Bridgewater has become pretty overrated. He was never anything more than efficient at times. Part of that is coaching, but he was essentially just a game manager. Really isn't a huge loss. Sure, the hope was that he'd improve, but he's far from irreplaceable. Bradford right now is an upgrade, I'd say. Problem is that he's going in a week before the season starts to learn a completely different offense. That never seems to go well.

It'll be really interesting to see how they approach this if Bridgewater is ready to go next year.

In what way is Bradford an upgrade on Bridgewater?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's not an upgrade imo, but he sure isn't a downgrade.

We all like to bag on Bradford, but the guy is still a solid NFL starter. Looked good at the end of the year, had virtually no help from his WRs or running game for most of the season.

His skillset is similar to Bridgewater minus the mobility. Good on short to intermediate routes, isn't super mistake prone. He won't be asked to lead the team. Instead he will be asked to just not doing anything dumb.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
In what way is Bradford an upgrade on Bridgewater?

He still has potential to be an upgrade.

QB is such a finicky position, and a guy with that much raw talent can still find rhythm in the right place.
Peterson will take some pressure off, and he's got a pretty decent up and coming receiving core....who let's be honest I'm sure are thrilled they'll be getting thrown to by Sam instead of Teddy.

Big overpayment, but it still might workout.
If they get a 2nd/3rd back it just looks alooot better.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The only thing Bradford does better than Teddy is throw a better deep ball. This is a downgrade for the Vikings but less of one when compared to Hill and the other options. Teddy had to work miracles behind that OL last season and I don't see Bradford doing that if they don't improve.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Wentz and Sam were both great in their first game. Still would make the trade everytime. Wentz made a few throws I have never seen Bradford make.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Wentz is going to struggle now that he's playing against top competition, and when that happens you have career back up Chase Daniel. Not to mention the rest of the team isn't exactly loaded.

Still waiting for that struggle. First it's just the Browns. Then it's just the Bears. Well now they just man handled a team that is a Super Bowl contender. Just sucks they have a bye week already. Fly Eagles Fly!!!!!

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It usually takes 5 weeks for an unknown to get enough tape but the Eagles are being smart. Its basically Kansas City's offense with a supercharged Alex Smith and it fits his skillset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad