Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Marcus Foligno signs extension (3 years, $3.1 Million AAV)

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Dude you are ignoring the fact Zuccarello probably already waived , & one of Parise, or suter agreed to waive & in term wild will protect Greenway & foligno.

It's not that hard. The fact you don't understand why wild did this is baffling. Zuccarello being out much of season, & I am guessing Seattle won't want him leaving an open spot

Nobody is ignoring anything. You simply can't read and felt the need to respond to everybody. My response was directed to a specific scenario, so stop chiming in.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe because Guerin has gotten a head start on expansion draft, & know Zuccarello, or Parise are waiving
Dude you are ignoring the fact Zuccarello probably already waived , & one of Parise, or suter agreed to waive & in term wild will protect Greenway & foligno.

It's not that hard. The fact you don't understand why wild did this is baffling. Zuccarello being out much of season, & I am guessing Seattle won't want him leaving an open spot

So it's your opinion that it's a fact that Zuccarello or Parise will waive for the expansion draft?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ehh...it's ok. I know he doesn't score a lot, but he fills a role very well. Leads the league in hits, plays excellent defense, forechecks, and in general creates a lot of havoc. Skates reasonably well, and can hold his own with all but the toughest of the heavyweights when the gloves come off. Seems weird that Guerin couldn't wait to dump Staal and his 3.25M cap hit, yet hands out contracts like this, though. MN's problem isn't that they don't have enough quality bottom sixers and defensive forwards, it's that they don't have any forwards who can put the f***ing puck in the net, or any Centers that can handle the puck without wetting themselves.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
This is the time where GM’s have an excuse to underpay players. What the hell was Guerin thinking?

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Guerin decided Foligno's a 3rd line winger, AAV isn't terrible for that role, just looks bad when there's a 7.5M cap-hit that also prefers playing LW headed to a bottom-6 role very soon. Like most of Guerin's moves I don't necessarily agree with it but the vision is clear.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He is a good player, but he is 29. If they are moving to get younger much like their other moves and signing it doesn't make sense. I guess you can argue they are trying to rebuild on the fly, but honestly I don't see that as possible with the paperweights that are Parise and Suter.

The issue with Minnesota is that they've continuously been not good enough to win and not good enough to get solid prospects.

I'm not sure how the moves this summer change that. They are basically hoping PIT falls flat on their face since they have a lottery 1st there.
They aren’t trying to get younger, they are trying to get a winning team. Don’t think you would find any objective Wild fan that would call Suter’s contract a paperweight, and at the end of the day Parise was still the leading scorer. The team has elite defense, solid wingers and great depth, they have 0 centers of quality but that is the only hole. Even with a full tank, which again isn’t possible with this D, it’s not like there is even an elite rated center available in this draft. Might as well shake things up as they did by bringing in motivated players, and keep the guys that have been successful on the team. Trying to win by committee is possible, while still searching for a center.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
So it's your opinion that it's a fact that Zuccarello or Parise will waive for the expansion draft?

Don't see Guerin as dumb. Any smart person would undeserved that he didn't do this signing without knowing who will waive.

Guerin trading kunin was also because of expansion. So yeah.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Don’t think this is too bad but would’ve expected about a half million less in this financial climate.

A physical, big, defensively sound winger that can play on a shutdown line.

Don’t think this is awful like some people are making it out to be, there’s more to hockey than point totals.

Reactions: BKarchitect

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Ehh...it's ok. I know he doesn't score a lot, but he fills a role very well. Leads the league in hits, plays excellent defense, forechecks, and in general creates a lot of havoc. Skates reasonably well, and can hold his own with all but the toughest of the heavyweights when the gloves come off. Seems weird that Guerin couldn't wait to dump Staal and his 3.25M cap hit, yet hands out contracts like this, though. MN's problem isn't that they don't have enough quality bottom sixers and defensive forwards, it's that they don't have any forwards who can put the f***ing puck in the net, or any Centers that can handle the puck without wetting themselves.

Are you just going to forget Parise, Kaprizov, or fiala? Because what you said is factually incorrect

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Well this is rich coming from you. You haven't said one factually correct thing in nearly 1,200 posts.
Oh really? You are attacking over what I said was an opinion. The person I replied to said wild didn't have any f goal score which is factually incorrect.

Funny how you are always quick to attack someone you don't know. Really rich cooking from you

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Do you know the pandemonium didn't affect wild. Wild owner is a billionaire. Don't know why people care

Billionaire's still care about money, believe it or not. If they did not, they wouldn't have re-negotiated the CBA and made the players pay back millions of dollars, along with agreeing to a flat cap to help cost certainty and try to minimize losses.

Also, you do realize that it's just poor cap management, right? People care because it's forced players like Hoffman sign for a 1 x 4 mil contract instead of a 6 x 7 mil contract. It effects everyone, whether you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't effect your favorite team is up to you.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
If anybody thinks Guerin is stupid, & just did these, this comment alone in my opinion should be speculation that Guerin has a promise or 2 from someone to waive.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Guerin on expansion: &quot;We didn&#39;t sign Marcus to this to lose him. He&#39;s a very valuable guy to this team. We want to keep him.&quot;</p>&mdash; Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) <a href="">January 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Billionaire's still care about money, believe it or not. If they did not, they wouldn't have re-negotiated the CBA and made the players pay back millions of dollars, along with agreeing to a flat cap to help cost certainty and try to minimize losses.

Also, you do realize that it's just poor cap management, right? People care because it's forced players like Hoffman sign for a 1 x 4 mil contract instead of a 6 x 7 mil contract. It effects everyone, whether you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't effect your favorite team is up to you.

Hoffman has a bad history. Wild were close to 30 mil in cap room, so cap issues don't apply to wild.

Foligno got 300,000 raise. So who the heck cares . Wild obviously doesn't

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad