Confirmed Signing with Link: [MIN] Marcus Foligno signs extension (3 years, $3.1 Million AAV)

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Have I just not been paying attention to MIN the last 2 years? I mean, is this a good thing to do?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Have I just not been paying attention to MIN the last 2 years? I mean, is this a good thing to do?
If there wasn't expansion next year, the contract is fine for what he does relatively. Maybe slightly high.

But it doesn't make much sense with upcoming expansion.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I would have expected 2 years, and probably a signing closer to the deadline, didn't seem like one that needed to get done right now for 3 years with a guy looking to stay.

Reactions: Morrison

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Not terrible to be honest, Foligno is a very good depth player. Only issue is that they could have signed this after expansion but I doubt they protect him anyway and if Seattle takes him then it at least saves Soucy and Greenway. He is definitely worth the price tag, but it does make things trickier when it comes time to re-sign a few key young players.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Not terrible to be honest, Foligno is a very good depth player. Only issue is that they could have signed this after expansion but I doubt they protect him anyway and if Seattle takes him then it at least saves Soucy and Greenway. He is definitely worth the price tag, but it does make things trickier when it comes time to re-sign a few key young players.
Can't see Seattle taking Foligno over Greenway, unless they want some immediate leadership. 3 years at 3 million makes it less likely Seattle takes him over a controlled RFA like Greenway. I don't understand the immediate need to sign him either.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I like Folingo...he’s a much better hockey player than the simple offensive counting stats suggest. I don’t even know if this is significant overpayment either - if he had hit the market this summer, a lot of teams would be looking to add him to their bottom 6.

And yet it still feels like a 3 year commitment at over $9 million at this point in time feels a bit...unnecessary?

Reactions: CanuckCity

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I like Folingo...he’s a much better hockey player than the simple offensive counting stats suggest. I don’t even know if this is significant overpayment either - if he had hit the market this summer, a lot of teams would be looking to add him to their bottom 6.

And yet it still feels like a 3 year commitment at over $9 million at this point in time feels a bit...unnecessary?

Actually it's not because wild have t hff e cap & room. He's also beloved in the locker room, & a leader, very vocal leader

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Weeeew, I initially read that as 31 mil. Damn near fainted.

I mean, it’s still bad, but not fainting bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad