Confirmed Trade: [MIN/COL] Ian Cole for Greg Pateryn

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Pateryn is a cheap right handed shot with experience. Guerin seemed to really hate him....Good deal for the Avs.

Reactions: Bender

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Avs now at 10 Mil in deadline cap space and a spot for Timmins/Byram full time, Joe works his magic again.
That $10m capspace is a projection based on the current $2.3m capspace, but that will rise to $3.1m once Francouz is healthy and Miska is sent down again, meaning that Colorado can accrue $13.5m in deadline capspace.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I’m not sure I like this for Colorado. Ian Cole is a pretty steady defends man and Pateryn has alleged attitude issues.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I’m not sure I like this for Colorado. Ian Cole is a pretty steady defends man and Pateryn has alleged attitude issues.

Not really. I'm pretty sure he's been out on the ice for every odd-man rush we've had against in the past 2 games due to losing his guy in the neutral zone. I want to say I'm exaggerating, but I don't know if I am. He's also pretty bad at moving the puck out of the zone, which leads to even more chances against.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Not really. I'm pretty sure he's been out on the ice for every odd-man rush we've had against in the past 2 games due to losing his guy in the neutral zone. I want to say I'm exaggerating, but I don't know if I am. He's also pretty bad at moving the puck out of the zone, which leads to even more chances against.
Ian Cole was 8th on the Avs depth chart, and would have cost over $3m against the cap to park on the taxi squad. Moving 81% of his caphit for a useful depth Dman who can be buried with a $1.175m caphit was shrewd GM'ing.

Reactions: Bender

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Pateryn will not be playing unless Avs lose 2 or even 3 dmen

Is this solely a move to make space for Byram then?

Huh, fair enough. I remember him being pretty solid in our series a couple years ago, and it was either him or Graves that led the league in +\- last year, but I’m pretty sure it was Graves.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Is this solely a move to make space for Byram then?

The Avs D depth chart:
Makar
Toews
Girard
EJ
Graves
Timmins
Byram
Gilbert
Pateryn

Byram has a tough time cracking the lineup even without Cole. But now it's much easier.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Guerin is clearly aiming to stock the cupboard with picks at the deadline. Mojo, Bonino, Cole could bring back a decent haul in futures.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So Guerin decided to do a favor for Sakic, freeing up some cap space for the Avs.:huh:

MN now has 2 RHD, and 5 LHD, two of whom are NMC's, and three of whom are signed long term?:huh:

MN desperately needs a C, or three (Victor Rask and Nick Bjugstad have been penciled in as #1C's in recent games), after inexplicably trading away Eric Staal and cap space for a mediocre LW. Instead of dealing with that issue, he swaps #6/7D with a division rival, losing more cap space in the bargain?:huh:

With a top 5 D like MN has, why is he f***ing around doing favors for Joe Sakic ? Does he really think that what ails the Wild is their #6 D?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad