Confirmed Trade: [MIN/COL] Ian Cole for Greg Pateryn

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hole crap Sakic’s not messing around. We all knew Cole wasn’t one of their 6 best defenseman but with Sakic’s loyalty to veterans us Avs fans thought there was no chance they’d trade him.

Sakic clearing dat space.

Good luck to Cole. Not much of a hockey player anymore but he seemed like the best guy.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Why was Cole horrible? He was very good analytically despite being his usual awful penalty taking self?

He goes down to block shots way too much to the point he often ends up swimming out of the play. Not to mention Cole was the player who injured Johnson against the Stars by throwing a Stars player into Johnsons knee.

As a fan of an opposing team i was allways happy to see Cole out there because he was not a good at defending. He's a more aggressive Kris Russell to me.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I hope Pateryn keeps getting traded to constantly play in LA against the kings...whatever needs to happen to make that happen. If he were to play tonight (which I doubt) first four games against one team is funny

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Cole is horrible these days. Not really like the Wild need more veteran presence either. I don't understand Guerin's approach to GMing.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Pateryn is gonna be that obscure player still playing into his late 30's on a bottom pair, gotta respect the grind.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
I guess Sakic just feels better about scratching Pateryn than he does Cole? Wonder what the retention is, but either way, I can't wait to see Byram then!

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
sakic doesn't want to waive Cole and this gives Cole some more time to play is my guess on this.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Minnesota hoping Cole will play like Pateryn was supposed to.

Seemed pretty passive in most of his games.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs?

Don't understand this deal unless to provide RHD depth for often injured EJ and Timmins. Cole was already slowing and asked to play the wrong side. If retention was included, preferred they kept Cole. Sakic likely gives him an opportunity to play and earn another contract then benched.

MIN slightly won this deal, but don't understand why they would add salary?

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad