GDT: MIN @ COL - 8PM Central - Rocky Mountain DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think this is a pretty good indication that we're not a real contender like some might believe.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think many here considered us a real contender. That said, it's one period.

One period against a team that was actually expected to make the playoffs, and has outclassed us to a degree that we couldn't hope to reach against any team in the league.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
This game is definitely lopsided, but just looking at the Avs goal differential in home games vs away games... methinks someone in that arena might not know how to count right.

Reactions: 57special

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think if you want that to be true, you can use this period as evidence.

I don't want it to be true, I'm just not going to let a bunch of games against teams that didn't even qualify for a 24 team playoff last season convince me we're anything more than a bubble team in a normal year. Some people would look at those games and say we need to start trading high value futures for rentals.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think this is a pretty good indication that we're not a real contender like some might believe.

Oh this pessimism. Didn't we just beat Vegas twice? The Avs have engaged overdrive, they really respect the Wild. But they won't keep this pace up for 60 minutes.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't want it to be true, I'm just not going to let a bunch of games against teams that didn't even qualify for a 24 team playoff last season convince me we're anything more than a bubble team in a normal year. Some people would look at those games and say we need to start trading high value futures for rentals.
Well thank goodness those people aren't the GM, because we have a ways to go before being legit. But they are definitely moving in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad