GDT: MIN @ COL - 8PM Central - Rocky Mountain DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If you've ever had a stinger, or a numbing pain after a hit or incident, you'll know that you can't feel a damn thing, and that you have no control over your limbs. You don't know if it's severe damage, or just a bruise. It's quite common after getting hit with a baseball or puck in an exposed area. When i was a young teen, I was playing around on a pile of big rocks on a construction site. Another guy who I was playing with disrupted a large rock which came tumbling down the hill, just missing my trunk, but hitting my leg a glancing blow, or so I thought. My leg went numb, and I hopped, one legged, down to the road, swearing at my friend, and wincing in a combination of pain and numbness. I thought it was another one of those minor hits that you get all the time when falling of a bike, or getting kicked in a soccer game, etc.. It wasn't until my friend came down and looked me, then at my leg, then back at me with a white face that I suspected it was other than that. Turns out I was rushed to the hospital and given 80 stitches for a leg that was opened to the bone along the length of my shin.

The point is that these guys aren't faking anything. They just don't know anything besides the fact that they can't feel, or have control of, the body part in question, and that's never a good thing.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
As bad as last night's game was, I felt like there was a chance at the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd to get back in the game and they just didn't take the opportunity.

Which is different in past years where games like this always felt like the Wild would be completely outclassed some nights and they were just trying to keep it close and get lucky.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If Dumba is only day-to-day, then he’s got an incredible talent for making minor injuries look brutal. :laugh:

I mistakenly thought he had a season-ending injury the first time and hopefully that’s the case again this time.
Yeah, but the first time, he was going to miss a significant amount of games... we just lucked (?) Out that most of them got postponed instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad