Player Discussion Milan Lucic (Trial date 2/16)- Charges DROPPED-will NOT return this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
As we continue the discussion of this player, please take a moment to refresh yourselves with a few of our forum guidelines.

Keep in mind you agreed to abide by these guidelines when you signed up for the site.

Thanks.

Flaming: Critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks against members are not permitted. Report flaming, do not respond to it. Counter-flaming is also prohibited.

Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

Spamming: Posts that advertise anything without the authorization of site Administrators may be considered “spam”. If you wish to advertise on HFBoards please contact [email protected]. No money leagues are allowed in the Fantasy Talk forum. Do not post the same content multiple times, whether on the same forum, or across multiple forums.

Threadjacking/OT/Politics: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only. Political discussion is not permitted on the forums except within the narrowly defined scope of hockey-related matters.

Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Habs drafting Mallioux says you are wrong.I did not see any outpouring by their fans all mad about what he did .The kid never even expected to be drafted cause of it.Then he goes late 1st rd I believe after everyone passing.
Oh I didn't mean that Habs or Leafs fans would act any differently. I was saying that those here saying the right thing to do is welcome back and plug him in on the 4th line because it's best for Milan's family and everyone deserves another chance would be saying the opposite if he wasn't on the Bruins but if it was another team giving their player that benefit of the doubt.

And if that were the case you are right, a lot of Leafs fans or Habs fans would be the ones advocating for a 2nd chance.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Oh I didn't mean that Habs or Leafs fans would act any differently. I was saying that those here saying the right thing to do is welcome back and plug him in on the 4th line because it's best for Milan's family and everyone deserves another chance would be saying the opposite if he wasn't on the Bruins but if it was another team giving their player that benefit of the doubt.

And if that were the case you are right, a lot of Leafs fans or Habs fans would be the ones advocating for a 2nd chance.
Yea ,my apology I read that wrong then.Be glad when decision is made here on his future so everyone can move past this ,no matter if they agree or disagree.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I think we all have biases when it comes to players, whether it be the color of the uniform, or despising a certain aspect of a player's game. No one is immune. For me personally, I don't know the player, I don't know the man, I don't know his wife, I don't know the family dynamic, and I'm in no position to judge whether he deserves a second chance or not. I'm more than willing to admit those factors far outweigh the biases of any outside observer, for or against, and I leave it up to those who do know those factors to sort it out.

I only wish others would do the same.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Sounds like the incident was one of many and Brittany made the 911 call as a cry for help. Things always look different once sober and in the light of day with law enforcement involved. Sometimes it takes "hitting bottom" for changes to be made and hopefully this can be the turning point for this family.

If Milan ends up back on the team, I'm sure there will be upset fans, but he doesn't have to answer to us (although I'm sure he would make a public statement). Honestly, I think at this stage of his career, Boston is the only place that would have him, especially now. Our coach is a recovering alcoholic and would be a great support, as would be his teammates and their families. Brittany and the children would also get support.

One of many? Did I miss something else?

Reactions: Ladyfan

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Scott McLaughlin
@smclaughlin9

Statement from the Bruins:"Milan Lucic will remain on indefinite leave from the organization for the remainder of the 2023-24 season. The Boston Bruins organization supports Milan and his family as he continues his personal rehabilitation."
There. It is done. I say close the thread. Pretty much just two sides on this for everyone

Reactions: RoccoF14

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Yes, tremendous point indeed, because McTavish never played another game for the Bruins.

If another team wants to put Lucic on their roster that's on them. But I don't root for or care about any other teams, so I'm focusing on the organization I do care about.
That was the choice of MacTavish. The Bruins did offer him a new contract once he was released from prison. He stated he felt it would be difficult to continue playing in the area with reminders of the tragedy nearby. The Bruins understood and granted him free agency.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not really a fan of message board tough talk when anonymous posters want to grandstand and prohibit people from working and earning a living.

Do I think Lucic deserves an extension of course not. Return to practice and possibly do his job sure.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
That was the choice of MacTavish. The Bruins did offer him a new contract once he was released from prison. He stated he felt it would be difficult to continue playing in the area with reminders if the tragedy nearby. The Bruins understood and granted him free agency.

Great! I literally don't care what it takes for him not to play for the Bruins again. His decision, theirs, Bettman's, all are fine by me.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
They didn't feel the need to issue his wife a restraining order, nor a no contact order. They remained living together during all of this. If the state felt she was in danger, they would of issued both, imo.

I wish Milan and his family well. I hope he stays in the assistance program and gets the help he needs.

If he gets the help he needs, I wouldn't mind him coming back next year. Who knows. I wish the entire family well.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Not really a fan of message board tough talk when anonymous posters want to grandstand and prohibit people from working and earning a living.

Do I think Lucic deserves an extension of course not. Return to practice and possibly do his job sure.

I'm literally the least anonymous person on this board and I'd be happy to tell Milan Lucic to his face I think he's a piece of shit. I also advocated for them to pay his entire contract just to make him go away, so I'm not even trying to take money out of his pocket.

Some of us actually believe what we're saying and aren't simply "grandstanding." That's true on both sides of this.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Looch staying on a leave of absence for the rest of the season, lock this thread and throw away the key. Nothing left to talk about now and no good will come from the conversations that are gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad