Player Discussion Milan Lucic (Trial date 2/16)- Charges DROPPED-will NOT return this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
As we continue the discussion of this player, please take a moment to refresh yourselves with a few of our forum guidelines.

Keep in mind you agreed to abide by these guidelines when you signed up for the site.

Thanks.

Flaming: Critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks against members are not permitted. Report flaming, do not respond to it. Counter-flaming is also prohibited.

Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

Spamming: Posts that advertise anything without the authorization of site Administrators may be considered “spam”. If you wish to advertise on HFBoards please contact [email protected]. No money leagues are allowed in the Fantasy Talk forum. Do not post the same content multiple times, whether on the same forum, or across multiple forums.

Threadjacking/OT/Politics: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only. Political discussion is not permitted on the forums except within the narrowly defined scope of hockey-related matters.

Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Pretty telling IMO that his wife called the police and didn’t defend him this time around, unlike in past incidents.

Makes me feel sick. This is going to be a very difficult time for Milan and his family for the foreseeable future. For him, unless he’s a complete psychopath (highly doubtful), it’s gong to sink in the pain he’s inflicted on his family. And that he’s likely discarded his hockey career given where he’s at.

So sad for so many. What a shame.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
All I can say is I am disappointed in Lucic and hope he gets the help he needs. Hope his family stays safe and can work through this.

Best thing might be for him to retire as I am sure if he came back he would be resoundly booed by fans across the NHL and not sure that’s going to help heal him as it would be a constant reminder of an embarrassment.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
One would think this be grounds for unconditional waivers for termination -- not the way the way you'd want his career to end.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
He got arrested because he threatened to kill police officers after hit-and-run.

They have body cam footage. Totally different situations here
While you have a point I would say IF he actually beat or hurt his wife that is, in my view, way worse than a p*ssdrunk handcuffed dude verbally assaulting and threathing two police officers.

While Galchenuyuk made an embarassment of himself and rightfully had his contract terminated he likely was not taken seriously by the polices and therefor didn't really harm anyone than himself.

If Lucic is guilty of beating or physically hurting his wife he should go to jail and not play another game in the NHL..

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Here's my take on the situation:

1. If Looch choked his wife (without her asking him too) and pulled her hair (without her asking him too) and was drunk and aggressive with her, then he needs to pay for his actions. There's zero excuse to put your hands on your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, partner, or whatever terms I'm mistakenly omitting. If he was in his 20's then I'd say give him another chance, being 35 and having another incident with the cops and his wife/gf under his belt already from 2011, shows me repeat behavior and I can see the Bruins cutting him loose. Again.....key word is IF

2. Have we heard Looch's side of the story yet? Did he admit to choking her or pulling her hair? Maybe they had an argument when he got home from a night out of partying, she got jealous over something, started a fight, and then called 911 for maybe nothing? I'm going to take a lot of heat for this one but in reality, do we even know yet? We have heard his wife's side of the story. How do we even know what her personality/mindset is? The public has immediately gone after Looch without knowing the facts, everything posted has been "allegedly" .

3. Dana White, UFC boss, who has spoken out about never putting hands on a woman, was caught on camera last year slapping his wife in the face in a public setting. What happened? They both were hammered drunk and she slapped him first only to have him respond. What was the outcome? He publicly shamed himself for doing it, admitted he tarnished his reputation, realized him and his wife drank too much and made a huge mistake, and were focused on their kids because they knew they embarrassed them with these actions. What has since happened to Dana White? Nothing......why? Because he pays millions of dollars for publicists to handle these types of situations.

What's the difference between these two situations? One was caught on camera and one wasn't. One we can see with our own eyes what happened, albeit there were likely some things said/done before the Dana White video, but nonetheless, one situation is alleged, we don't have Looch's version of the events, yet we've gone through an entire thread bashing him and saying he's done with the Bruins. I've said it before, I don't take the situation lightly, I have a wife and three daughters. I would never lay a hand on any of them, sober or intoxicated. I don't respect anyone who would physically hurt their loved ones but wayyyyyyyy too many people on hear get the order of the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty" mixed up..........

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

1. If Looch choked his wife (without her asking him too) and pulled her hair (without her asking him too) and was drunk and aggressive with her, then he needs to pay for his actions. There's zero excuse to put your hands on your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, partner, or whatever terms I'm mistakenly omitting. If he was in his 20's then I'd say give him another chance, being 35 and having another incident with the cops and his wife/gf under his belt already from 2011, shows me repeat behavior and I can see the Bruins cutting him loose. Again.....key word is IF

2. Have we heard Looch's side of the story yet? Did he admit to choking her or pulling her hair? Maybe they had an argument when he got home from a night out of partying, she got jealous over something, started a fight, and then called 911 for maybe nothing? I'm going to take a lot of heat for this one but in reality, do we even know yet? We have heard his wife's side of the story. How do we even know what her personality/mindset is? The public has immediately gone after Looch without knowing the facts, everything posted has been "allegedly" .

3. Dana White, UFC boss, who has spoken out about never putting hands on a woman, was caught on camera last year slapping his wife in the face in a public setting. What happened? They both were hammered drunk and she slapped him first only to have him respond. What was the outcome? He publicly shamed himself for doing it, admitted he tarnished his reputation, realized him and his wife drank too much and made a huge mistake, and were focused on their kids because they knew they embarrassed them with these actions. What has since happened to Dana White? Nothing......why? Because he pays millions of dollars for publicists to handle these types of situations.

What's the difference between these two situations? One was caught on camera and one wasn't. One we can see with our own eyes what happened, albeit there were likely some things said/done before the Dana White video, but nonetheless, one situation is alleged, we don't have Looch's version of the events, yet we've gone through an entire thread bashing him and saying he's done with the Bruins. I've said it before, I don't take the situation lightly, I have a wife and three daughters. I would never lay a hand on any of them, sober or intoxicated. I don't respect anyone who would physically hurt their loved ones but wayyyyyyyy too many people on hear get the order of the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty" mixed up..........

Maybe she got jealous over something and decided to call the cops and claim her husband assaulted her? Do we know what her personality/mindset is?

Come on, man. That’s just gross. You can advocate for innocent until proven guilty if you want without victim shaming.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

Just say you want to wait for more facts to come out before forming any opinions. You don't need to create scenarios where Looch is really the victim here.

Stu Pidassle

Feb 7, 2013
Boston North Shore
Come on, man. That’s just gross. You can advocate for innocent until proven guilty if you want without victim shaming.
Very well said. Unfortunately there have been enough situations where people have made false accusations to be able to trust initial reports. These people are despicable and make it more difficult for victims of real offenses. I am glad that the authorities are starting to charge false accusers for their actions.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Very well said. Unfortunately there have been enough situations where people have made false accusations to be able to trust initial reports. These people are despicable and make it more difficult for victims of real offenses. I am glad that the authorities are starting to charge false accusers for their actions.

If the goal is to protect innocent until proven guilty, shouldn’t that (without question) extend to the victim as well?

If the charges are proven to be false, go for it. Question/complain/disparage, go nuts. All facts at this point seem to indicate something physical happened.

Crying out that Lucic is innocent until proven guilty while simultaneously questioning if the 911 call was due to fabricated events is gross and hypocritical.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
No matter what has happened it‘s gonna be a long process of getting the help that’s needed in this situation and possibly both taking a hard look into how much alcohol has played a part in this.

Personally I hope hockey is the last thing on there mind at this point just work on the family and block out the rest of the noise cause that’s the only thing that matters and if this is the end of his career so be it.

I rather hear he is working on himself then anything else if these facts are even close to true which it sounds like it, more less it’s just about how sever things got.

Wish his family and him the best and I doubt I’ll comment on this further.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Innocent until proven guilty is in court, not public opinion. The possibilities you're trying to account for here ("without her asking him to"...) are pretty disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad