Milan Lucic Hints at Signing With Vancouver Next Off-Season.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Let's be honest. The Milan Lucic of 2010-2013 I think we can all agree is a great player and is someone who would be extremely useful on our team.

It's the Milan Lucic of last season that I think is pretty much worthless and will be overpaid. Let's see what he does this year in LA, but another 40 point quiet season and I would stay far away from him. If he puts up 25+ goals and 60+ points and returns to being an unstoppable force on the ice then yeah, let's bring him in. But I doubt we ever see that player again.

That is half of it. Playing with Kopitar is the other half. I expect him to bounce back quite a bit, and that will drive his asking price up but also make him more likely to stay in LA or maybe chase a different contender who might go full Benning. I'd be asking myself "was 14-15 an off year or is it the Kopitar effect". How much do you factor in deterioration though age for his 30s of does Benning just ignore that?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Having a tantrum on the ice isn't showing passion. There are players that dig deep when times get tough and up their games, but Lucic seems to be a guy who more often than not loses composure when things don't go his way and he becomes a detriment to the team.

He will get the Kassian treatment from the refs. He doesn't have Jacobs to hide behind now.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
You mean playoff leading scorer krecji and selke winning Bergeron? Is horvat the next toews? Even the biggest horvat fan or biggest canuck-homer won't make that claim. Well, except you I guess. :shakehead

PS: best part was if you don't agree then "I am afraid u know nothing of hockey" :laugh:

Haha horvat looked better than monahan playing with matthias and dorsett

Horvat is a special young man and next season when were looking at

Lucic horvat virtanen we will all be thanking benning for giving us the most entertaining hard working line this team has ever seen.

Heavy line is an understatment. Lets try 220 lb iron men with pistons as legs. Thats what horvat and virtanen will play like. And papa lucic playing in front of all his buddies is gonna get the go canucks go chant going. He doesnt need to be fast he need to turn the puck over with a crunch on mcdavid so virtanen and horvat can put the jets on for a 2 on 1

Enough of the uninspring play from our 2nd line. Time for a real 2nd line

Bring lucic home

Lucic horvat virtanen ( the most dangerous line to play against in the nhl)

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004

Lucic horvat virtanen we will all be thanking benning for giving us the most entertaining hard working line this team has ever seen.

Heavy line is an understatment. Lets try 220 lb iron men with pistons as legs. Thats what horvat and virtanen will play like. And papa lucic playing in front of all his buddies is gonna get the go canucks go chant going. He doesnt need to be fast he need to turn the puck over with a crunch on mcdavid so virtanen and horvat can put the jets on for a 2 on 1

Bring lucic home

Wow do you actually believe the things your type, or are you just trolling me? I honestly can't tell. :help:

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013

Bring lucic home

post of the year

:handclap:

papa lucic :laugh:

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
That is half of it. Playing with Kopitar is the other half. I expect him to bounce back quite a bit, and that will drive his asking price up but also make him more likely to stay in LA or maybe chase a different contender who might go full Benning. I'd be asking myself "was 14-15 an off year or is it the Kopitar effect". How much do you factor in deterioration though age for his 30s of does Benning just ignore that?
If "you" means me, then a lot. But yes, Benning just ignores that because "he's a guy who can score points, and really be tough to play against, who can, like, help our team."

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Bring lucic home

Except Horvat did not look better than Monahan, nor is he better than Monahan.

I do like the idea of a Lucic-Horvat-Virtanen line, but it might be too big of a defensive assignment for Horvat to take on at this stage of his career as neither Virtanen or Lucic are anything special in their own zone.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
Except Horvat did not look better than Monahan, nor is he better than Monahan..

Monahan>Bo Right now and perhaps in their careers.

but in that playoff series in the limited ice time Horvat got, he looked and played better than Monahan. He singlehandedly was trying to will the team to a victory.

Bo was the only reason why I was watching that playoff series. I knew from game 1 that the canucks were done. Game 3 , 4 was just icing in the cake.

When the Twins played less minutes in game 1 than game #82 I knew we had an inept coach who was stubborn to "adjust". mini rant.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Except Horvat did not look better than Monahan, nor is he better than Monahan.

I do like the idea of a Lucic-Horvat-Virtanen line, but it might be too big of a defensive assignment for Horvat to take on at this stage of his career as neither Virtanen or Lucic are anything special in their own zone.

Virtanen is not a defensive liability what so ever.

The kid was in lanes to intercept passes during the wjc and turned it over with the sickest hits youve seen.

Ya it isnt his talent but horvat is two way enough to force jake and milan to embrace the horvatian way

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
PWF's can still play well into their mid 30's.

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks

Let's be honest. The Milan Lucic of 2010-2013 I think we can all agree is a great player and is someone who would be extremely useful on our team.

It's the Milan Lucic of last season that I think is pretty much worthless and will be overpaid. Let's see what he does this year in LA, but another 40 point quiet season and I would stay far away from him. If he puts up 25+ goals and 60+ points and returns to being an unstoppable force on the ice then yeah, let's bring him in. But I doubt we ever see that player again.

Let's see how Lucic does this year before jumping to conclusions. Lucic was without a top center last year as both Bergeron and Krejicki were injured. Most players in Lucic's situation would struggle.

I am also of the opinion that good PWF's can still play well into their early mid-30's. Brendan Shanahan, Jarome Iginla, Bill Guerin, and John Leclair are all good examples of players that were still quite good between the ages of 32-34/35.

Depending on how he performs with the Kings this season, I would be comfortable in signing Lucic to a 6 year deal (i.e. signs with us when he's 28, contract expires at 34).

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Virtanen is not a defensive liability what so ever.

The kid was in lanes to intercept passes during the wjc and turned it over with the sickest hits youve seen.

Ya it isnt his talent but horvat is two way enough to force jake and milan to embrace the horvatian way

What are you even talking about?

And is your whole knowledge of Virtanen based solely on the WJC?

Let's see how Lucic does this year before jumping to conclusions. Lucic was without a top center last year as both Bergeron and Krejicki were injured. Most players in Lucic's situation would struggle.

I am also of the opinion that good PWF's can still play well into their early mid-30's. Brendan Shanahan, Jarome Iginla, Bill Guerin, and John Leclair are all good examples of players that were still quite good between the ages of 32-34/35.

Depending on how he performs with the Kings this season, I would be comfortable in signing Lucic to a 6 year deal (i.e. signs with us when he's 28, contract expires at 34).

Who's jumping to conclusions?

The fact that you're resorting to naming 4 of the best players in the game, who played in their 32-35 year seasons over 10 years ago (except for Iginla) says something about how rare of a feat this is.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Maple Ridge boy. Leader. Heart and soul player. PWF. Checks all the boxes for me. He'll also be cheaper too.

I'd also be extremely happy with Ladd. The only reason why I mention Lucic over a guy like Ladd, is because Lucic has expressed an interest in actually playing here (if his behavior on Team 1040 was an indication?). But yes - if Ladd is willing to sign here, I'd go with him as well.

My only concern with Ladd is that he'll be 30 when he (hypothetically) signs here and he also plays a PWF style like Looch.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Who's jumping to conclusions?

The fact that you're resorting to naming 4 of the best players in the game, who played in their 32-35 year seasons over 10 years ago (except for Iginla) says something about how rare of a feat this is.

Maybe, but let me ask you this:

How many PWF's in recent memory have fallen off a cliff in their early 30's? There seems to be this underlying assumption that all/most PWF's sharply decline once they hit 29-31, but I can't think of any glaring examples other than Brendan Morrow.

Bertuzzi's back went wonky when he went to Florida, and I'm sure the Steve Moore situation mentally screwed him. Lecavlier got concussed, but he wasn't really a prototypical PWF. Lecavlier's decline in play was concussion-related, and that could have happened to anyone. Heatley wasn't a PWF, and Mike Richards' partying lifestyle likely had more to do with his sharp decline than his physically-demanding game.

Where are these examples of good PWF's who sharply decline as they approach their early 30's?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

How many PWF's in recent memory have fallen off a cliff in their early 30's? There seems to be this underlying assumption that all/most PWF's sharply decline once they hit 29-31, but I can't think of any glaring examples other than Brendan Morrow.

Bertuzzi's back went wonky when he went to Florida, and I'm sure the Steve Moore situation mentally screwed him. Lecavlier got concussed, but he wasn't really a prototypical PWF. Lecavlier's decline in play was concussion-related, and that could have happened to anyone. Heatley wasn't a PWF, and Mike Richards' partying lifestyle likely had more to do with his sharp decline than his physically-demanding game.

Where are these examples of good PWF's who sharply decline as they approach their early 30's?

LOL thank you for doing the work for me and listing the other PWF's who fell off a cliff. The fact that you even mention Heatley randomly suggests that you do think he's a PWF and just claim he isn't one because you don't have a counter argument.

Morrow
Heatley
Bertuzzi
Lecavalier
Mike Richards
Owen Nolan
Darcy Tucker
Ryan Malone

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
LOL thank you for doing the work for me and listing the other PWF's who fell off a cliff. The fact that you even mention Heatley randomly suggests that you do think he's a PWF and just claim he isn't one because you don't have a counter argument.

Morrow
Heatley
Bertuzzi
Lecavalier
Mike Richards
Owen Nolan
Darcy Tucker
Ryan Malone

Wait.....what?!?!? I don't think Heatley is a PWF at all. I only mentioned him because he's an example of a guy that sharply declined.

Lecavlier is not a good example because his concussion is what lead to his decline rather than style. A sniper or playmaker would also "decline" after being concussed.

Richards' is/was a huge partier and his lifestyle probably had more to do with his decline than style of play. Ryan Malone - same thing.

Owen Nolan did start to decline at the age of 34 (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=3983).......which coincidentally enough, is the age I want Lucic's contract to expire should we sign him (i.e. 6 year deal).

Your only good examples are Todd Bertuzzi and Brendan Morrow..........which were my examples. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015

Uhhh, name some that are still playing well at 32+ ?

Iginla....

....Hossa?

And these were exceptional players.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Uhhh, name some that are still playing well at 32+ ?

Iginla....

....Hossa?

And these were exceptional players.

There are plenty of non-superstar veterans that play just as well between 32-34 (or close to that level), as they did during their prime years, whether they are PWF's, snipers, TWF's, Offensive defensemen, defensive defensemen, etc.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Hossa doesn't strike me as a powerforward.

Nash is 32, again he's not exactly a powerforward either.

I think the OP just mentioned Hossa to illustrate his opinion that very few players are good after the age of 32 (and he used Hossa as one of his examples).

Rick Nash does play a physical style from what I understand. Not sure if he's a prototypical PWF, but I think he could qualify as a good example. Most would agree that he plays a physically demanding style, and he's yet to decline despite being 32.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad