Milan Lucic Hints at Signing With Vancouver Next Off-Season.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Lucic(7) johansen(8) virtanen(1.1)
Baertschi(1.1) horvat(1.4)boeser(1.2)
gaunce(0.9)mccann(0.9)cassels(0.9)
sedin(2) sedin (2)burrows (1.4)

Chychurn(1.3) seabrook (7)
edler(5) tanev(4.4)
bartkowski(1.4) corrado(1.4)

In 3 years, 44 mil for that core top lel

This is a great post.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Glad this team is moving away from guys like Kessler. Yappy Lappy and Ruffy, they were dark days am i right

There's a difference between pests and agitators like Kesler and Lapierre and cheap shot artists like Cooke, Torres and Marchand. Lucic falls in the later category but has a much worse temper than the other 3.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Sedins have better playoff PPG than Lucic. I don't want some garbage playoff choker on this team. Say no to Lucic.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Sedins have better playoff PPG than Lucic. I don't want some garbage playoff choker on this team. Say no to Lucic.

Thing is, Lucic doesn't disappear in games where he doesn't produce points. Then again, he's now a 40 point player and I don't have interest in paying $7M long-term to a guy who's best days are already way behind him.

Guys who play his style tend to not be productive into their 30's. We'll end up paying Lucic for his past successes while receiving very little tangible return on investment.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Don't worry his mentoring ability will be well worth the extra $3 mil per year and full NMC....

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Thing is, Lucic doesn't disappear in games where he doesn't produce points. Then again, he's now a 40 point player and I don't have interest in paying $7M long-term to a guy who's best days are already way behind him.

Guys who play his style tend to not be productive into their 30's. We'll end up paying Lucic for his past successes while receiving very little tangible return on investment.

lucic is not a 40 point player lol. the whole boston team couldn't score last season the system was brutal.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/stats.htm

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver

Yea if lucic was ppg in the playoffs he wouldnt be a top 6 power forward he would be an elite top line winger arguably superior to burt.

On the canucks he will reach his prime playing with horvat if you think hirvat doesnt have more potential than krecj or bergeron ian afraid u know nothing of hockey

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yea if lucic was ppg in the playoffs he wouldnt be a top 6 power forward he would be an elite top line winger arguably superior to burt.

On the canucks he will reach his prime playing with horvat if you think hirvat doesnt have more potential than krecj or bergeron ian afraid u know nothing of hockey

You're not even trying anymore

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015

:facepalm:

worst post of the month, folks

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver

Yes, Lucic doesn't disappear in games where he isn't producing points in the sense that everybody can see him beating his chest like a gorilla and whining about literally everything.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Yes, Lucic doesn't disappear in games where he isn't producing points in the sense that everybody can see him beating his chest like a gorilla and whining about literally everything.

That's what I see as well and hey I could be completely wrong but I see a guy that more and more often is a non-factor in games and at times a detriment with his antics and declining speed/physical prowess.

He's a complimentary piece. Not a high-priced, long term foundational core piece.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
That's what I see as well and hey I could be completely wrong but I see a guy that more and more often is a non-factor in games and at times a detriment with his antics and declining speed/physical prowess.

He's a complimentary piece. Not a high-priced, long term foundational core piece.

Unlike 30 point superstar Brandon Sutter.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Shows more passion than anyone on our team plays with. Aren't you tired of seeing the players roll over and die after we get scored against?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
There's a difference between pests and agitators like Kesler and Lapierre and cheap shot artists like Cooke, Torres and Marchand. Lucic falls in the later category but has a much worse temper than the other 3.

There's a difference between cheap shot artists who turtles afterwards like Cooke and Marchand and a willing fighter who isn't above taking cheap shots at opposing players like Lucic.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
There's a difference between cheap shot artists who turtles afterwards like Cooke and Marchand and a willing fighter who isn't above taking cheap shots at opposing players like Lucic.

A player that gives nutshots is cowardly no matter what they do afterwords.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004

You mean playoff leading scorer krecji and selke winning Bergeron? Is horvat the next toews? Even the biggest horvat fan or biggest canuck-homer won't make that claim. Well, except you I guess. :shakehead

PS: best part was if you don't agree then "I am afraid u know nothing of hockey" :laugh:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Let's be honest. The Milan Lucic of 2010-2013 I think we can all agree is a great player and is someone who would be extremely useful on our team.

It's the Milan Lucic of last season that I think is pretty much worthless and will be overpaid. Let's see what he does this year in LA, but another 40 point quiet season and I would stay far away from him. If he puts up 25+ goals and 60+ points and returns to being an unstoppable force on the ice then yeah, let's bring him in. But I doubt we ever see that player again.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
Next off-season is starting to feel like an upcoming dentist appointment.
It's gonna suck, it's gonna be painful & the very best you can hope for is to walk away after the fact saying "well that didn't hurt TOO bad"

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Shows more passion than anyone on our team plays with. Aren't you tired of seeing the players roll over and die after we get scored against?

Having a tantrum on the ice isn't showing passion. There are players that dig deep when times get tough and up their games, but Lucic seems to be a guy who more often than not loses composure when things don't go his way and he becomes a detriment to the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad