Milan Lucic Hints at Signing With Vancouver Next Off-Season.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
A signing of Lucic might signify a long wait for guys like Gaunce, McCann, Shinkaruk,

A signing of Lucic might signify a long wait for guys like Gaunce, McCann, Shinkaruk,

Next season, the following players will likely NOT be with the Canucks up front.

-Higgins
-Prust
-Vrbata

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
####-Sutter-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
####-Vey-Dorsett

For the 2016/2017 season however, at least one of the following players should be ready to take the jump:

-Kenins (top 12, not 13th forward)
-Cassels
-Gaunce
-McCann

I guess the question I have, I how will it all play out? Based on what I'm seeing, it will go like this if we sign Lucic:

2016/2017:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Lucic-Sutter-Hansen
Kenins-Cassels-Dorsett

I guess this model isn't bad, but for those really waiting for the "kids" to make it, it might be awhile. I'm just not sure how guys like Gaunce, McCann, Shinkaruk, and even Vey will factor in long term.

Last edited:

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Objectively this is good, but I don't think I can make myself cheer for him. If he does come though, I wonder how Miller will respond.

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Actually it might mean the opposite, because having top big contracts like what Lucic's contract will be makes it essential to have ELC's on the roster to remain under the cap.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Actually it might mean the opposite, because having top big contracts like what Lucic's contract will be makes it essential to have ELC's on the roster to remain under the cap.

Not to mention you can shed a lot of dead weight when you got depth with Lucic. Another year means guys like Cassels, McCann, Virtanen are probably all close or ready for the NHL.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

This.

Pretty stupid to have Sutter tied up if we get youngsters developing better than expected, but we still got enough players we could trade for picks if that happens.

Will be interesting to see. Will also be interesting to see what kind of Lucic that shows up this season.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
i'm all aboard the lucic train if it can drive off Miller.

I would rather the last year of Miller at this rate than whatever term and money we end up giving to Lucic.

I am not a huge Lucic fan, mainly from character. He could have been a great guy to have on your team, and was for the Bruins. But I just don't see that same guy anymore. The more I look the more I start to see a broken down player. Maybe he can turn it around, but at the moment it fits the narritive of PF's not lasting long.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver

Next season, the following players will likely NOT be with the Canucks up front.

-Higgins
-Prust
-Vrbata

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
####-Sutter-Hansen
####-Vey-Dorsett

For the 2016/2017 season however, at least one of the following players should be ready to take the jump:

-Kenins (top 12, not 13th forward)
-Cassels
-Gaunce
-McCann

I guess the question I have, I how will it all play out? Based on what I'm seeing, it will go like this if we sign Lucic:

2016/2017:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Lucic-Sutter-Hansen
Kenins-Cassels-Dorsett

I guess this model isn't bad, but for those really waiting for the "kids" to make it, it might be awhile. I'm just not sure how guys like Gaunce, McCann, Shinkaruk, and even Vey will factor in long term.

I think what you might see is Hansen and Burrows eventually get traded if Gaunce, McCann and Shink are ready... at least that's what I'd hope for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad