Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
The Avs are playing right now and NOBODY CARES because

giphy.gif

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Time to start speculating on how long it takes to get back to CO and how many games he will miss.

We can save the locker room drama impact for a week or so.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Welcome back Mikko... Time to put the women and children to bed and go looking for dinner.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I didnt say a bad word about Joe during this entire thing. I was frustrated it was taking so long but Joe comes through yet again with a damn steal. The no bonus part takes the cake for me. How did he manage to do that.

Reactions: avsfan09

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Am i the only one who thinks that this is actually a pretty fair value for Mikko? I mean at the end Sakic was obviously aiming for 9x6 while Rants wanted 6x9.5 so what the contract ended up to be is right in the middle. I think both sides can (and should) live with that.

Reactions: MarkT

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Am i the only one who thinks that this is actually a pretty fair value for Mikko? I mean at the end Sakic was obviously aiming for 9x6 while Rants wanted 6x9.5 so what the contract ended up to be is right in the middle. I think both sides can (and should) live with that.

It's a bit of a discount compared to the Aho deal, but nothing crazy & it didn't require an offersheet for him to get.
Why are bonuses a big deal? Whats the significance?

Mostly lockout protection.

Reactions: MarkT

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
The Avs are playing right now and NOBODY CARES because

giphy.gif

I was getting ready to watch the game when this happened. Then I found out there wasn't a stream.

I'm on vacation, I ain't listening to a radio feed for a pre-season game. I'll check the box score though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Its just me. I tend to value guys like ROR, Bergeron and Stone a lot more than most lol. Probably why Foppa is my favourite hockey player of all time but he was special in almost all facets.

I'm the same way. My favorite players are never one dimensional. They're always gritty and work hard defensively, even if it's at the expense of offense.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I think Lebrun is probably the closest one to the truth on this. Smaller gap still a week or two away. At this point just accept he's going to miss games and put it out of your mind. At least Bednar seems like a coach who's not relying on getting him back ASAP. Plan for what you have, and he'll be a welcome boost a week or two into the season.

Side note: have the Avs ever signed a bonus heavy contract? I can't say I remember one, I wonder if that's complicating things as well.
#insiderrrr

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Glad to see it done. I would have happily gone to 10.25 x 7 or 11x8 tbh with this guy. But this is a nice deal and gives us a little more wiggle room during the next 6 years. It’ll be a lot higher after that now though. I just hope we use the money wisely and don’t just spend it all on Bura types

Reactions: Murzu

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Glad to see it done. I would have happily gone to 10.25 x 7 or 11x8 tbh with this guy. But this is a nice deal and gives us a little more wiggle room during the next 6 years. It’ll be a lot higher after that now though. I just hope we use the money wisely and don’t just spend it all on Bura types
So you are ready to pay about 16M$ per year starting year 7 for extra years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad