#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
tumblr_pcdtkqzgmm1qee9ito1_400.gif

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Man what a mess. I expected the Rants camp to hold out until Marner's situation was resolved but never expected that there was a possibility he wouldn't be signed by the start of the season.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
All the time and money in the world to get it done and here we are..

The KID is a RFA without arbitration rights. I don't want them to blow up the relationship, but I also don't want Sakic to bend over as if Mikko has all the leverage.

I'm sorry but contract structure within the teams core long term matters. If Mikko needs to sit for a bit, and we lose games because of it I'm ok with it to an extent.

I'd offer him Kuch's contract in a heart beat, and I personally don't think he is entitled to a cent more. People can scream all day about Kuch leaving money on the table, but of course he did.

Every major pot I've taken off a poker table I've left money on the table, unless I completely bent the person over and convinced them to go all in. I still won. I'll tell you what though.. If I hadn't chose to leave money on the table strategically I probably wouldn't have won in the end. There is way more at stake for Mikko with this contract than simply hitting top dollar.

Agents that use their clients to reset the market are not necessarily acting in their client's best interest. What they are doing is acting in the best interest of their future clients (and their own pockets) and the NHLPA while convincing their clients a hard stance is best for them. Mikko's agent is fighting for him, but hopefully not at his expense when it comes to the larger picture.

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
It’s time to make mock lineups without Mikko.

I could see Compher moved up in the top 6 at wing, with Bowers centering an offensive 4th line with Bura and Niku. Bellemare’s line becomes the 3rd line.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
How dare you criticize Joe like this! Why don't you go root for a different sport.

You'll just defend everything Joe does no matter how much he sits on his hands and does nothing to take advantage of our current window.

Reactions: cgf

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
You'll just defend everything Joe does no matter how much he sits on his hands and does nothing to take advantage of our current window.
Yeah, that cgf dude and his always positiv attitude is the worst.

Where is Sea Eagles when you need him? We need a realtiy check in here and he's the one who's always straight forward when it comes to the Avs.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, that cgf dude and his always positiv attitude is the worst.

Where is Sea Eagles when you need him? We need a realtiy check in here and he's the one who's always straight forward when it comes to the Avs.

I'm glad Sea Eagles don't come around often. Every time he comes it just leads to endless debates and brings the mood of the whole forum down.

That being said, someone needs to bring cgf back down to earth. Dude does nothing but drink Avalanche-flavored Kool-Aid.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

You might be content with following in the footsteps of the Hawks & Penguins, but I want to contend for a century!

Reactions: MarkT

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
You might be content with following in the footsteps of the Hawks & Penguins, but I want to contend for a century!

When are you going to accept that our window to contend started last year (if Sakic hadn't wasted it with his inaction), and lasts until MacKinnon's contract is up?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When are you going to accept that our window to contend started last year (if Sakic hadn't wasted it with his inaction), and lasts until MacKinnon's contract is up?

:rolleyes: That would only be true if there was still going to be a cap after the next lockout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad