Mikko Rantanen Part V - Baby Come Back

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not sure if we count goalies in this list, but Kipper has to be up there to. His peak was as good as I’ve seen from a goalie.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Rantanen and Barkov will be the 3rd and 4th best Finnish players ever when their careers are done imo.

The order of those two is TBD, but I think they’ll clearly be 3/4 when they hang up their skates.

Rantanen’s a much better playoff performer than Selanne too, tbh. Selanne was ridiculous in the regular season though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is really a golden era for Finnish players with Heiskanen, Rantanen, Barkov, Aho, and Teravainen all right in the prime of great careers. If Laine gets his crap together he could join that group. Any of the first 4 could end up in the 2nd/3rd best fairly easily. Though I think Saku Koivu should get more love.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
It is really a golden era for Finnish players with Heiskanen, Rantanen, Barkov, Aho, and Teravainen all right in the prime of great careers. If Laine gets his crap together he could join that group. Any of the first 4 could end up in the 2nd/3rd best fairly easily. Though I think Saku Koivu should get more love.
In Finland Saku Koivu is the clear cut number three player of all time but Rantanen/Barkov & company are coming with their guns blazing. Finally a new generation that can compete with that finnish early 70's generation Selanne, S. Koivu, Lehtinen, Kiprusoff, Timonen etc.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So apparently Rantanen appealed the embellishment fine he got on April 30th (the play is bellow), and actually got his appeal through and the fine removed. Source is a Finnish newspaper.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

LemurFromTheId

Feb 21, 2014
So apparently Rantanen appealed the embellishment fine he got on April 30th (the play is bellow), and actually got his appeal through and the fine removed. Source is a Finnish newspaper.

Looking at that video it's actually pretty clear it wasn't an embellishment. You can see his left skate suddenly drift to the side, taking his feet from under him. No one has the reflexes to embellish anything when that happens.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mikko is the new Mr. Clutch. Dude wins at everything. <a href="https://t.co/MrHn8SQsMy">https://t.co/MrHn8SQsMy</a></p>&mdash; 303.Hockey (@303Hockey) <a href="">June 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad