Mikko Rantanen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rautala's an interesting cat. Something tells me he might actually have said something like this.

"Mikko Break definitely through this year. He is physically so in rough shape. Now seems to be in the NHL's biggest ass."

'Seems to have.

He's on the Rants document, telling his jokes :laugh:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/art-2000001939485.html

Comments from Rantanens legendary strenght coach Rautala.

-Physically Mikko is unbeliavable talented, he could just walk past gym and gain muscle.
He is going to break out this year, physically he is in incredible shape.

In one area especially Rautala has noticed improvement.
- Elasticity and power. You can see it best in the sprints with sleds.

Is he puking?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Too much pressure on the kid. He'll be lucky to get a goal in his 1st 10 games.

I doubt there's any real pressure on him from the people that matter (the coaching staff). They know how to handle a rookie.

I'd be surprised if Johnny Average fan knows enough about him to expect much. I mean, chances are the largest publicity his call up will get will be a late mention in the bottom of a Pioneers article by Chambers.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Which of those habits Bednar has are we going to see emerge?

Overcoaching (making too many adjustments), switching up lines constantly to find the perfect setup for every situation (the line juggling will probably die down, but don't expect it to stop), extreme preference towards hard workers (not unusual), quick trigger with goalies falling out of favor, tends to over use 4th lines... that is off the top of my head.

Bednar does tend to be very hard on players, but nobody really tunes him out or hates him for it. It could be the levels that he has coached at, or he just knows how to strike that delicate balance. If he is going to rub any players wrong it will be the Iginla, Beauch, maybe even Comeau types.

You do a lot of hinting at knowledge of stuff, and I value it when it has substance, but it's actually kind of annoying when you don't at least elaborate somewhat. If you are hinting that he can be stubborn, and a hard ass with players, then just say that.

I really can say nothing...

Last edited:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I dunno about that, everyone's gunna rush to slam into him in tight spaces...

After a few practices the temptation for our players to do so should be low enough that they can resist in games though. So while the other team is trying to cop a feel our players can wait for the puck to come free. Perfect game plan. Better than my dads idea of having a little person at running back who can just be tossed over the lineman in short yardage situations.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Well, for one, you posted a NSFW photo in here....:rant:

You serious? The photo that was on the cover of every newsstand and entertainment television screen in North America for two weeks is too much for HF? There are far worse photos from that photoshoot that could have been used but I used the two that PG boradcast companies thought were suitable for regular hours television and Wal-Mart thought was suitable enough to have right beside skittles and m&m's next to the cash register.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
You serious? The photo that was on the cover of every newsstand and entertainment television screen in North America for two weeks is too much for HF? There are far worse photos from that photoshoot that could have been used but I used the two that PG boradcast companies thought were suitable for regular hours television and Wal-Mart thought was suitable enough to have right beside skittles and m&m's next to the cash register.

I don't make the NSFW rules, but yeah, it would be considered NSFW per the HF Site rules.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

These boards seem to be very against pictures and talk of women in a sexual manner. Of course all the ladies, and some of the dudes, are able to gush over guys like Lando and even underage draft picks though. Seems like a pretty big double standard. I've always wondered if the cheerleaders would be off limits. At least they are relevant to the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad