Mikko Rantanen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Awesome. I hope he replaces Iggy on Macks line. He could be that playmaker that Mac needs to be dominant. Also think it would be good for him developmentally to play on a potentially high scoring line. Getting involved in the offense more often will be huge for his confidence.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Awesome. I hope he replaces Iggy on Macks line. He could be that playmaker that Mac needs to be dominant. Also think it would be good for him developmentally to play on a potentially high scoring line. Getting involved in the offense more often will be huge for his confidence.

As long as hes not centre for any of the bottom 6 lines i'll be happy.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not having him play tomorrow for the Rampage? That's actually good news in my opinion, means he'll get more practice time :)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Not having him play tomorrow for the Rampage? That's actually good news in my opinion, means he'll get more practice time :)

I agree. The injury probability is much higher in the AHL and he should practice just the same as the rest of the team this week. I'm glad he got in some games but 4 vs 5 is pretty negligible.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Impressive, why did he not make the team out of camp then?

He was - except he injured his ankle in a rookie game and missed all of training camp and the pre-season. He was sent down for conditioning.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Thanks.

Is he on a two-way? What's the possibility of him being sent down, or does that now seem remote based on his potential and promised top 6 role?

Very remote. The intention all along was to play him in the NHL, he just got sidetracked by the ankle injury. He should never touch AHL ice again barring a major meltdown on his part. He needs to cut his teeth in the major leagues now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks.

Is he on a two-way? What's the possibility of him being sent down, or does that now seem remote based on his potential and promised top 6 role?

Its an ELC so yeah. They've stated multiple times the commitment to playing him in a big role at the NHL level. He absolutely dominated in the AHL, there is no reason to go back there. If he starts slow I'm sure they'll just keep working with him but he will very likely stay on the roster. Its not like there's anyone better pushing him out.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well this is great news. Hope he gets a goal early. Don't care if it bounces in off his ass. I think after he gets going, he'll take off. Just gotta get over the hump.

Edit: Also noticed my phone is at 96% as I posted this. Coincidence? I think not. It's Mikko time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad