Player Discussion Mikko Koivu (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Would be a bit of a funny change from Koivu to Granny. I don't think I've ever seen Granny actually get angry before? The refs would probably like a change from angry Koivu :laugh: .

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't see anything in Granlund that would make me think he would be a good captain. Way too quiet and timid.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't see anything in Granlund that would make me think he would be a good captain. Way too quiet and timid.
You mean like Joe Sakic?

Granlund has already captained the Finnish National team in Koivu's absence.

Obviously he's captain material.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You mean like Joe Sakic?

Granlund has already captained the Finnish National team in Koivu's absence.

Obviously he's captain material.
There was nothing timid or soft about Joe Sakic.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Nobody is in the locker room. Nobody really knows.
Exactly. What we see on the ice is all we know. He has a determination about his game that is obvious, and on every team he's been on outside of the Wild, they looked at him for leadership, so obviously he seems to be a clear leader by other opinions inside the locker room.

That makes him an obvious candidate.

Chameleon

Jun 5, 2014
Stockholm

He’s on the quiet side, but (not that we can really know) he’s probably much more open and talkative behind the scenes than he lets on in media. I think he has kinda decided to stay out of it after the attention that he got in Finland before coming to NHL. Which is probably a good thing, it lets him focus better. But I don’t see why it would be a bad thing. Best leaders lead by example, not by being the loudest one.

Reactions: Wild11MN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The way Koivu is playing, I don't see him retiring for 3 tears or so, as long as he doesn't get greedy. He'll be a good #2C for at least another year, if not two, then I'd take him as a #3C after that. It's not like he is blocking a slew of C prospects coming up through the organization.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The way Koivu is playing, I don't see him retiring for 3 tears or so, as long as he doesn't get greedy. He'll be a good #2C for at least another year, if not two, then I'd take him as a #3C after that. It's not like he is blocking a slew of C prospects coming up through the organization.
I don't see him ever retiring then. He just doesn't seem like the type of guy that ever tears up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad