Player Discussion Mikko Koivu (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Eh, they owed us one for that penalty they called on Dumba. Stone was clearly holding his stick by the blade.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Probably a penalty, but whatever.
Nah. Ryan initiated. Koivu had a lane to the puck, and Ryan tried to take it away and do the classic reverse check. Koivu just did a bit of a stutter step and used Ryans momentum to brush him off.

Koivu wasn't legal to hit at that point Ryan tried to take away his lane. If anything, its interference on Ryan.

Reactions: FVM and 2Pair

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Koivu has been one of the most under appreciated players in the history of the league.

He has been so much better than fans of the NHL and even the Wild give him respect for being.

Completely agree with both Talon's statement and No Identity's. He's a genuine class act too.

EDIT: Mis-read what "history" we're talking about. History of the Wild franchise ... absolutely ;)

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He should've won a Selke or two at least... should've been a finalist several times over. His lack of respect nationally over his career was a joke imo... especially from fans.

That’s a lot to say when his career has overlapped with both Datsyuk and Bergeron.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Kesler wasn’t a scrub defensively and was a really important part of a Cup Finals team that year. That same year, Koivu had a good season on a bad team. Not that hard to justify.
The voting takes place prior to the playoffs. The cup has no impact.

Koivu didn't even get the respect of a nomination that season, which imo was a travesty.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The voting takes place prior to the playoffs. The cup has no impact.

Koivu didn't even get the respect of a nomination that season, which imo was a travesty.

Vancouver had 54 wins and 117 points that year. They were absolutely Cup-caliber and it proved out.

He would’ve been battling Datsyuk, Bergeron and Toews for the nomination. Not so much a travesty.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Vancouver had 54 wins a 117 points that year. They were absolutely Cup-caliber and it proved out.

He would’ve been battling Datsyuk, Bergeron and Toews for the nomination. Not so much a travesty.
Yes, it was a travesty of you recall his play imo. Koivu was an absolute monster that year, but whatever. You have your opinion, I have mine. Koivu should have easily been a several time nominee and should have at least a Selke or two.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes, it was a travesty of you recall his play imo. Koivu was an absolute monster that year, but whatever. You have your opinion, I have mine. Koivu should have easily been a several time nominee and should have at least a Selke or two.

Other players are allowed to “monsters” too.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

So did someone share the magic crystals with Mikko?

I was actually surprised when I heard 3-4 weeks on a minor MCL sprain in the first place. In the NFL that same injury is usually only 1-2 weeks. Skating is generally easier on the knees than open field cuts while wearing cleats (Bruno finished a season and the playoffs with a known torn ACL, never would happen in a million years in the NFL).

This seems to fit more with what is more typical of minor MCL sprains.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I was actually surprised when I heard 3-4 weeks on a minor MCL sprain in the first place. In the NFL that same injury is usually only 1-2 weeks. Skating is generally easier on the knees than open field cuts while wearing cleats (Bruno finished a season and the playoffs with a known torn ACL, never would happen in a million years in the NFL).

This seems to fit more with what is more typical of minor MCL sprains.

I don't want him to come back too soon and injure it more. If the Wild's medical staff say he's ready sit him for at least 1 more game. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad