Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Keith will probably outscore Sergachev, Trouba's in a breakout year and Winnipeg has tons of offense. McDonagh looks like he could be back to 40+pts as well but he doesn't play on the PP.

Best bet is Keith?
Keith doesn't score goals though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Alright cool, hopefully it works out then! Quickly though are any of the following FAs comparable to Serg?:

Lajoie, Jokiharju, Seabrook, Faulk, McDonagh, Lindholm, Keith, Dunn, Trouba, Vantanen, Chara, Ekblad, Muzzin, Manson

I think a few of those guys will outscore Serg, but I'm not sold on Serg getting back to 40 points. I think his season is gonna be a roller coaster. Lajoie looks pretty legit to me in Ottawa. Even when he's not scoring, he's creating chances. Vatanen looks like he's gonna put up points as a devil. I wouldn't bet against McDonagh either, mainly because he's playing at a level that there are times we just can't afford to take him off the ice. Was it the Vegas game where it felt like he played the final 4 minutes?

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Not worried in the slightest with the way sergachev has started this season, the kid in only 20 years old and is getting used to playing against the big boys. I still think he is going to be a major piece in our organisation in years to come. We will look back through this thread in years to come and laugh of all the worries which we were having.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He’s very good imo. Controls play even when he’s not scoring and isn’t afraid to go for big plays. I do think he needs to get faster though if he wants to get even scarier.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He isn't making it look pretty but he's also getting more minutes and more D zone starts. For the most part he is surviving, which is good to see after a poor start to the year.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He isn't making it look pretty but he's also getting more minutes and more D zone starts. For the most part he is surviving, which is good to see after a poor start to the year.

Yeah. I don't think he's floundering anymore. "Surviving" is a good way to put it. Seems somewhat net neutral at the moment. You only really notice him when he does that Make-You-Look-Stupid move at the blueline, but he's yet to figure out a way to turn that into legit scoring chances.

Reactions: Rschmitz

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Serge was bad today, release the koekkoek
And he was somehow +2. Weird game.

I didn't think he was *that* bad though. Some bad decisions against the forecheck but I don't think he had a play that led to a goal or even a big scoring chance. Of all the goats on defense today, he is the one I have the fewest comments on. I mean - Cernak too a stupid penalty and was kind of a disaster in the zone. Hedman wasn't good. McDonagh had his worst game of the season. Coburn was good. Girardi was unnoticeable so that's a positive.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
And he was somehow +2. Weird game.

I didn't think he was *that* bad though. Some bad decisions against the forecheck but I don't think he had a play that led to a goal or even a big scoring chance. Of all the goats on defense today, he is the one I have the fewest comments on. I mean - Cernak too a stupid penalty and was kind of a disaster in the zone. Hedman wasn't good. McDonagh had his worst game of the season. Coburn was good. Girardi was unnoticeable so that's a positive.
Mostly tongue-in-cheek, I like serge. But everyone remembers how much of a difference sitting point made (injury I know). Sometimes you realize the time you have out there.

Serge is struggling due to his increased responsibilities, but if the board wants to boilerplate kucherov as a floaty russian, serge isn’t coasting far behind.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
That's just because Coburn is carrying him. :cool:
lol

yeah coburn has pretty good defensive metrics so far too. only bolts who really dont look good so far are stralman and koekkoek. hedman and mcdonagh's numbers dont look as good as you would expect but they are still above average which is very impressive given their usage, also real sample size issues with using this for hedman as he missed time combined with this already being a stupid small sample.

btw, i believe girardi in the last two games surpassed serg for best (lowest) xga/60 on the bolts. girardi 4 norris (or more accurately, hedman is back)

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Serg has been making some mighty nice stretch passes as of late. Seems to be improving defensively as well. Like what I've been seeing from him lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad