Prospect Info: Mike Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Looks like Iowa got manhandled, but hopefully Reilly is getting lots of ice time. He'll be valuable later in the season when inevitable injuries happen.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's still early in the season. As long as the coaching is good down there, I could care less if they are winning, except that it's an indicator of a lack of talent.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Have to imagine its a "Here, this is what defense kind of looks like. Do that instead of what you're doing" call up.

Still say zero shot to see game action, although the callup timing is pretty funny with my yesterday's comment.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
There's a scene in some movies where someone is trying to get information from a person, so they basically drown them in a toilet. There's a moment where after spending a lot of time dying underwater, the interrogator lifts their head above water for a chance to get their information, which doesn't work and sure enough the person is put right back below water. Iowa is that toilet, we're just giving Reilly a glimmer of hope that he won't drown.

That metaphor got away from me there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nice field trip for the youngster. Says to me that they are happy with his attitude, and want to reward him.

Also says to me that Dumba better get his act together.

Last edited:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think Reilly is the type of guy who will play better in the NHL then AHL. He's an offensive savant forced into being a workhorse on a crappy Iowa team. Shelter him in St. Paul with Brodin or Scandella and I think he will be OK. Growing pains are to be expected but he has bonafide NHL skills and a shot with the big boys could be what he needs to get his confidence going.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think Reilly is the type of guy who will play better in the NHL then AHL. He's an offensive savant forced into being a workhorse on a crappy Iowa team. Shelter him in St. Paul with Brodin or Scandella and I think he will be OK. Growing pains are to be expected but he has bonafide NHL skills and a shot with the big boys could be what he needs to get his confidence going.

agreed... I know it sounds silly to say cause everyone is always better on better teams, but he is the type of player that if hes on a terrible team, hes very terrible... but if he plays on a good team, he will completely excel.... sounds kinda stupid, but it makes sense to me!!haha

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Reilly cant be looked at as the top pairing guy that will shut down the opposition. Nice he had that chance in Iowa, not his role.

He looked good with capable partners in his stint with team USA.

Makes me think press box though. A H&H with COL, Reilly does not seem like the guy to toss at that animal.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Dumb move IMO. Feels very rushed and doing it for the wrong reasons.

who knows maybe when every team in the NHL were trying to sign him, the Wild told him if he plays in the AHL, they gave him their word he would get X amount of callups in his rookie year or something... never know

teams couldn't make their deals better than other teams due to entry level restrictions, but maybe they just promised him something

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Ha, settle down! He's getting his cup of coffee and couple practices with the big club. Not sure, but he might earn a little bit of money while he's up too. Reward the guy for choosing your team a little bit.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't get it. Many people are saying Dumba should be sent down because he's a defensive liability, yet at the same time many people now are saying Reilly should get a shot in the NHL because he might be better with better players?

Is it just different people saying those things, or are you guys just blind to the fact that Reilly, at this point, is a worse Dumba?

He's also another LHD, for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad