Prospect Info: Mike Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny G

Jun 6, 2012
Minnesota
So so smooth. Really see the confidence with the puck & has been able to cover his own end very well. Really looking forward to what he can do.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
I said last night I thought he had a very poised game, that is everything he did was with confidence. It's nice to see from a guy with so little experience already.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
How do people think he's been doing? I thought he looked pretty poised tonight from the time I saw him on the ice.

Is he going to have an illustrious career? What's his ceiling..will he be an all star?

Compared to my personal expectations he's been nothing short of outstanding. I don't know about his ceiling but he will be a player for sure. A real good one.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know it's just one play, but he had an awful miss on an entry pass with a minute or so to go. Missed a guy by ten feet, and it went for an icing when we were trying to get Dubnyk off.

In general, though, I agree that he's been surprisingly good. He seems to be a it more mistake free than Dumba in our own end. Brodin and he should be a decent pairing, at the very least.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
He looks great. Craig Button had him as a top 15 prospect in all of NHL in recent top 50. He may have been on to something. Perfect skillset to succeed in modern NHL. Reminds me a little bit of Keith with ability to move laterally and backward while maintaining puck along the blueline. He's no Keith, but I have no doubts he's an NHL player. Him and Dumba are going to be fun.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
I have been impressed with his defensive play and his patience. He already seems to have a grasp on when it's OK to take a risk. I assumed he would take offensive risks in an attempt to prove himself. I was wrong.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I know it's just one play, but he had an awful miss on an entry pass with a minute or so to go. Missed a guy by ten feet, and it went for an icing when we were trying to get Dubnyk off.

In general, though, I agree that he's been surprisingly good. He seems to be a it more mistake free than Dumba in our own end. Brodin and he should be a decent pairing, at the very least.

Yeah that was terrible, but other than that, I can count his mistakes that I've seen on one hand, and none of them were that bad. For an NHL rookie defenseman, he's been great.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah that was terrible, but other than that, I can count his mistakes that I've seen on one hand, and none of them were that bad. For an NHL rookie defenseman, he's been great.

Yeah, I was surprised at how good he's been, even with less than stellar D partners. With a Spurgeon or Brodin he should be even better. Not so sure about playing him with Dumba.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Yeah, I was surprised at how good he's been, even with less than stellar D partners. With a Spurgeon or Brodin he should be even better. Not so sure about playing him with Dumba.

Truth. I couldn't ****ing believe I saw him out there with Folin the other day, then I remembered Yeo's not the coach anymore :laugh:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Compared to my personal expectations he's been nothing short of outstanding. I don't know about his ceiling but he will be a player for sure. A real good one.

I think Reilly's upside could be similar to, or better than Nick Leddy.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Still cautiously optimistic.

Skating is what I thought it would be and his defense is much better than his AHL numbers suggested.

Billy Mays Here*

Even Stoner looked competent with limited time on ice, though he has been a pleasant surprise so far and I look forward to watching him develop.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Even Stoner looked competent with limited time on ice, though he has been a pleasant surprise so far and I look forward to watching him develop.

I would disagree that Stoner ever looked competent. Although my definition of competent includes a requirement to at bare minimum break the puck out of the zone with any sort of efficiency.

WildRube09

Mar 5, 2013
Overall, I think he has been very solid. Smooth skater, good passer / puck handler.. do think he needs to shoot a little more. IMO he passes up too many shots to make the pretty backdoor pass.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Stoner never had an iota of the puck handling/passing abilities that Reilly does. Stoner was a better fighter, and hitter, MAYBE coverage in front of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad