Mike Reilly won't sign with CBJ

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Happy he ended up in Minnesota. Don't want Chicago to get talent on the cheap and didn't want him to go to a rival.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Well.. still kinda caught me by surprise -- would be hard to turn down Chicago.

Let me preface what I'm about to say, it's a complete rumor.

Now that's out of the way...

There was an article a few days ago, I'm too lazy to try to find it, written by a media member who covers the Kings. This media member claims they were told by a source within the Kings front office that Reilly's camp had insisted that LA make a promise of a roster spot. This media member said he was told by LA Brass that Reilly's camp was told there would be a spot open, but he would have to earn it.

Again, nothing confirm able, obviously, but this could also have played a part in signing with the Wild over Chicago, who, despite the report saying Pitt was the runner up, Chicago had been the one constant and it only seemed to get louder.

Edit: it was John Hoven at MayorsManor.com

Last edited:

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
EJ Hradek ‏@EJHradek_NHL 2m2 minutes ago
Minnesota native Mike Reilly opts to sign with the Wild. Talented young puck-moving D. Hearing that the Penguins were the runner-up

So you made this big spectacle and rubbed the cbj's noses in the dirt not even making "the cut" when the reality is he just wanted to stay in moms basement? I find it pretty lame

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I wasn't particularly worked up over this, and I'll allow that he was playing by the rules, but... I think it's pretty lame, too. That's definitely the word for it

KlichkoBro*

Sober Dubi has disagreed with drunk Dubi. That's what happens to me all the time as well :)
The best thing about this tweet is that he's thinking about the team even on vacation. You can see it's not only about money for him. Great guy and team leader.

Last edited by a moderator:

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Previously RyJo wrote

Ryan Johansen@RyanJohansen19
We didn't want him anyway

I agree with both. From myself i will say *** Mike R€illy.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i guess Jack had a full open bar at his wedding...hhahhaha

i'm sure dubi feels bad about it...maybe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad