Confirmed with Link: Mike Reilly extended for 2 years (1.5M AAV)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That’s my issue with these signings. Use FA to find a better Thompson, a better Reilly. The loyalty to plugs is borderline defeatist. Reilly in particular seems to have been judged wanting by the head coach.

There were a lot of boneheaded plays and Julien made Reilly pay. You'll recall this classic burn used by NHL coaches for the longest time:

Reactions: Tighthead

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Man i cant wait for this training camp , There is gonna be an epic fight about the third pairing spot with Mete Kulak Folin Reilly.
This is gonna be epic.

Oh wait with 8m left and Armia and Lekhonen not even signed thats our whole D-corp

ahahahahah

Wanted to go watch the habs live before my 20 hours surgery , but looks like i will save my money and give it to my gf if i die on the table.

Win/Win situation

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Man I forgot how quick you turn on players the moment the great MB doesn't like them anymore.

How long after Reilly is waived (hopefully) do you change your tune with him? After all, the number 1 reason for this signing is apparently because he won't count much against the cap after he's sent down. I'm glad MB locked him up quick, we all know teams are stockpiling contracts they can bury easily.

You forget more than that

I hated Beaulieu before traded
I hated Pacioretty before traded
I still like Galchenyuk
I still like Sergachev
I disliked Briere
Disliked PAP
I love Radulov but thought he’d breakdown going into 4th year

All go on record that I don’t want Gardiner, I want one of Gothisbere/Leddy/Brodie

I want two of Lee/Ferland/Duchene/Panarin

Don’t care for the rest of the forwards, we’ll see how they do if we sign any of them.

Reactions: Runner77

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
All good teams spent time in the RV over a few winters, it’s how you build a solid as an oak type house.
No it's not. Good teams do not let players like Andrei Markov walk and take 3 years to replace them.

Toronto: Letting Gardiner walk with Muzzin to replace him.
Nashville: Traded Subban with Fabbro to replace him and a telegraphed plan to use the money on Duchene.
St. Louis: Traded Stastny and replaced him with O'Reilly 4 months later. Signed Maroon to replace the depth forwards traded.
Tampa: Traded JT Miller with Palat, Gourde, and Killorn at LW.
Boston: Lost Rick Nash and had a hole at C, traded for Johansson and Coyle to fix it.
Carolina: Traded away Lindholm and Hanifin, traded for Niederreiter and signed de Haan.
Vegas: Lost Neal and Perron, signed Stastny, traded for Pacioretty and Stone.
Washington: Niskanen declining with age, added Jensen and Gudas and saved money in the process.
Calgary: Needed a top line forward and an LD, added Lindholm and Hanifin.

If the Habs were actually tearing down to tank that would be one thing, but this is a team that is committed to trying to make the playoffs with Weber and Price and has burnt two years of their 30s without addressing the most glaring issue on the roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whitesnake and LaP

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
You forget more than that

I hated Beaulieu before traded
I hated Pacioretty before traded
I still like Galchenyuk
I still like Sergachev
I disliked Briere
Disliked PAP
I love Radulov but thought he’d breakdown going into 4th year

All go on record that I don’t want Gardiner, I want one of Gothisbere/Leddy/Brodie

I want two of Lee/Ferland/Duchene/Panarin

Don’t care for the rest of the forwards, we’ll see how they do if we sign any of them.

Good luck since we have no money except maybe for a Ghost trade

Reactions: jaffy27

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
I guess MB was fine with barely missing the playoffs last season and would like to repeat the same thing? Same exact d core as last season. Maybe he thinks he can get another Caufield type player next year? :huh:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No it's not. Good teams do not let players like Andrei Markov walk and take 3 years to replace them.

Toronto: Letting Gardiner walk with Muzzin to replace him.
Nashville: Traded Subban with Fabbro to replace him and a telegraphed plan to use the money on Duchene.
St. Louis: Traded Stastny and replaced him with O'Reilly 10 weeks later. Signed Maroon to replace the depth forwards they lost.
Tampa: Traded JT Miller with Palat, Gourde, and Killorn at LW.
Boston: Lost Rick Nash and had a hole at C, traded for Johansson and Coyle to fix it.
Carolina: Traded away Lindholm and Hanifin, traded for Niederreiter and signed de Haan.
Vegas: Lost Neal and Perron, signed Stastny, traded for Pacioretty and Stone.
Washington: Niskanen declining with age, added Jensen and Gudas and saved money in the process.
Calgary: Needed a top line forward and an LD, added Lindholm and Hanifin.

If the Habs were actually tearing down to tank that would be one thing, but this is a team that is committed to trying to make the playoffs with Weber and Price and has burnt two years of their 30s without addressing the most glaring issue on the roster.
MB doesn't always have a plan, because he has a anything can appen mantra...........not to mention, he does not still to this day, believe the window of opportunity on anything, because he has just has hope!! Can't make this stuff up...

Reactions: LaP

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I guess MB was fine with barely missing the playoffs last season and would like to repeat the same thing? Same exact d core as last season. Maybe he thinks he can get another Caufield type player next year? :huh:

Declaring the same d core on June 26th is the head scratcher.

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Good luck since we have no money except maybe for a Ghost trade
Possibly........I’m just stating what I like and dislike since I do t want to upset certain posters when I like or dislike players......feelings are hurt on this board and I feel guilty sending some of my fellow posters in a spiral of pain and confusion.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
For depth players? Of course it is.

Every depth player signed are easy to be buried. They are depth. They are making a depth player salary. But at one point, you still need to be convinced that you could use him regularly. Something most people in favor of that signing don't. Which means that he is a depth player...that you can't use too much. Says people dfending him AND the entire coaching staff last year.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Possibly........I’m just stating what I like and dislike since I do t want to upset certain posters when I like or dislike players......feelings are hurt on this board and I feel guilty sending some of my fellow posters in a spiral of pain and confusion.
Pro board habs fan love every habs move

But people on this board who look at everything that Bergevin has done.
What the f*** are we actually doing right now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad