Rumor: Mike Komisarek: Gave a list of 12 teams, but wants a trade.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
Mike Komisarek gave #Leafs a list of 12 teams he'd accept a trade to but I'm told he'd pretty much accept a trade anywhere. Wants to play.

Well then.

This is such a non news. He is required by his conditional NTC to always have an updated 12 team list. And it's obvious that he will pretty much anywhere he will play.

The Hutch

May 1, 2010
New Westminster, BC
Aside from some fans willing to shed Komi for the lowest asking price (7th round pick), is there any belief that he could be used to acquire decent forward depth? I wouldn't mind grabbing somebody to be primarily on the Marlies, but able to be tolerable when injuries strike.

Thinking something along the lines of Mike Komisarek to San Jose for Freddie Hamilton or Brodie Reid, or maybe to Los Angeles for Anthony Stewart. Stewart's got issues, but I think he'd fair well at Ricoh and in limited appearances with the big club.

Thoughts?

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
Why doesnt he do himself a favor and include the Toronto Marlies. He probably would be playing immediately. Mr.Connolly is a better NHL player and always has been than Komisauras. In fact Mikey is no better than another stiff on a similar contract that played for the Marlies for years...Mr.Finger.

A few years ago I went to a Marlies game - the company I worked for had a box at the ricoh ..and you have to take an elevator up to the private box. So i jump in all excited with a few work colleges, my boss, and this guy I sort of recognized in a very expensive suite jumps in with us.

The man in the suite that we sort of recognized--take the elevator up with us...looking very depressed..and eating a banana....was Jeff Finger. A healthy 3.5 million dollar scratch that day.

I can easily see Komisarek in the same situation.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
There is no room for Penner and he is not the player you make room for.

I disagree. Penner might thrive under Carlyle in our top six. Instead of playing Colton Orr with Kadri, you can easily replace Orr's big body with Penner - who obviously has way more skill. The trade would be similar to the schenn/jvr deal where both players need a fresh start. I'm all about having Penner on our hockey club.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
He played great under Carlyle. Some people dont see this only cause he sucked while Wilson was here and will forever be the scapegoat in their minds

Would rather play Komisarek, then Holzer or Kostka. He deserves to play and hopefuly gets a chance elsewhere

and that is why we let coach carlyle make these types of decisions.... over holzer, kostka? LOL.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
Your quite right something will have to happen and it's being reported that no one was put on waivers today, so that means...

a/ Holzer, Komarov or Frattin will be sent to the Marlies( Frattin for conditioning )

b/ A trade for a draft choice, or a prospect, or a multi-trade with us recieving one less Leaf player, to get to the Minimum 23 player limit.

Komarov and/or Frattin are not going to the Marlies! :shakehead

Roboholic

Sep 21, 2005
Doesn't Komi have to give a list of teams every year? Great scoop Andy Strickland...

Really poor reporting, trying to make it seem like this just happened, just lost respect for the guy.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Doesn't Komi have to give a list of teams every year? Great scoop Andy Strickland...

Really poor reporting, trying to make it seem like this just happened, just lost respect for the guy.

Hes saying that Komi submitted his list but at this point will accept a trade to any team. He wants to play.

Swarez

Mar 10, 2011
Hell no. Kabs is waste now. I think the consensus of trading komi is because we have to many D. Getting yet another Defenceman back is useless.

It was first time I saw him play this season, But Kabrle didn't look useless out there vs the pens yesterday. Was making really good passes, and OK in own zone. The one thing about him he was always a smart player, he just doesn't have speed anymore.

I would do Kabrle for Komi, but I don't think Habs would. Need a PMD in case Markov goes down again.

Roboholic

Sep 21, 2005
Hes saying that Komi submitted his list but at this point will accept a trade to any team. He wants to play.

I guess it's how he words his tweet, trying to make this a story.

In reality, anyone looking in on this situation could make that statement. He's not playing, obviously he wants to play somewhere.

Additionally he makes the statement that no one wants him even if the Leafs ate 50% of his salary which is complete nonsense.

Add that to the fact the Komi refuted this story, fairly convincingly.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
He is a blogger for hockeybuzz, that's all they do, come up with non stories about Leafs for the traffic. Komisarek HAS to submit a list every season. So what the guy is "reporting" is true, but as non a story as saying that JvR had a bowel movement today.

His claim that Komo will go "pretty much anywhere" is an observation that can be done by pretty much anyone. No player likes to be in the pressbox for that long, and he understands that his options are limited and if he wants to play asap, he will have to be open minded.

What we, as fans should be responsible for, is not feeding the trolls of hockeybuzz and similar bloggers.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Komarov and/or Frattin are not going to the Marlies! :shakehead

Holzer is likely to be the one sent down however in todays practice, he was playing with Phanuef and in fact all the defencemen were playing with their normal partners and you would think he would already be on his way over to the Marlies, if they have to get down to the 23 man roster.

Carlyle was saying, Frattin was a little ragged after todays practice and I would think that was normal for a player coming back from the IR but there is a possibility that he may be sent down for a conditioning stint, as for Komarov and Kadri, there is no way they will be back on the Marlies and I didn't even mention Kadri because it's almost a sure thing he will stay.

So it appears, the one remaining option if Holzer and Frattin stay, is a trade and thus the speculation swirling around Komisarek.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Isn't Holzer the ONLY player who doesn't have to clear waivers.

I don't think Frattin can be sent down. He had 3 games left, and burned them, when
he came up.

Jake has 2 games left.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/876653/clip/0

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/876701/clip/0

Frattin and Komisarek videos

As for Komisarek, there’s been nothing further about this in the usually Leafs-mad Toronto media, where a player can’t fart without it becoming front page news. Hopefully we’ll find out more about Komisarek’s reported trade request soon, but I’d be shocked if the Leafs could find any takers for him now. He seems bound for a buyout.

http://spectorshockey.net/blog/nhl-morning-rumor-mill-sunday-march-3-2013/

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
I say Komisarek and a third round pick for O'Reilly.
Our D is so deep and great this year that it makes it easy to under evaluate Komi.

cdosrun

Jul 13, 2011
Toronto
I have no sympathy for this guy. He is making almost $25million off a dumb contract we gave, and he accepted it so if that means he's unmovable and has to sit all year, sit in the box.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
I hope we can do something like a Mark Fraser type deal, where we get a serviceable third or fourth liner or even a d-man who is not ready yet.

DaveT83*

Honestly if he was concerned about playing hockey he would demand a trade.
At the very least he would waive NMC to join Marlies.

I don't think he even cares - this is a great situation - he's still a star - sits in press box year after year - colects tens of millions!

bluewhiteblue

Mar 11, 2012
A few years ago I went to a Marlies game - the company I worked for had a box at the ricoh ..and you have to take an elevator up to the private box. So i jump in all excited with a few work colleges, my boss, and this guy I sort of recognized in a very expensive suite jumps in with us.

The man in the suite that we sort of recognized--take the elevator up with us...looking very depressed..and eating a banana....was Jeff Finger. A healthy 3.5 million dollar scratch that day.

I can easily see Komisarek in the same situation.

must have been a big elevator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad