Rumor: Mike Komisarek: Gave a list of 12 teams, but wants a trade.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
A Kovalev 7th rounder will do.

Not surprised but Im gonna miss him. He's a good guy.

Yeah I met him at a charity function last year and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Just something amiss in between the ears when it came to hockey.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
he stinks so look around for another bad contract with one yr left. That and likely a cap floor team

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I like him, sad to see it end this way but this is the brutal reality, if hes not playing when well capable than he should want out.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I really feel bad for the guy.

He was royally screwed under Wilson's tenure, and he was playing well under Carlyle's system until ...eye injury slash being benched. Komi wasn't as bad as his play indicated, and I hope that he does get traded so he can.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
good for him

he is a good player in a bad situation

we leaf fans eat players alive

Hopefully he moves on, not his fault Burke has been terrible with FA's in his tenure here. I don't think he's a good player though, terrible skater, which seems to be a near requisite to be a NHL defenseman these days. He's a bottom pairing at best on most teams right now.

RhinoD

Feb 6, 2013
Franklin, NC
The question now is, what can you get for a guy that hasn't played all season?

I say trade him to a cap floor team for the best available draft pick.

waingr0

May 14, 2010
I really feel bad for the guy.

He was royally screwed under Wilson's tenure, and he was playing well under Carlyle's system until ...eye injury slash being benched. Komi wasn't as bad as his play indicated, and I hope that he does get traded so he can.

So were a lot of other players. Komisarek needs to be held accountable for his bad play.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Maybe. Will we have to eat salery to move him ?
Will we have to throw in a player like the Lombardi trade ?
Could we actually get something for him ?
Does anyone want him ?
I always thought he would make sense to the Islanders.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
Mike Komisarek gave #Leafs a list of 12 teams he'd accept a trade to but I'm told he'd pretty much accept a trade anywhere. Wants to play.

Well then.

Apparently he's wanted out for about two weeks now after it became very clear he wasn't going to work himself back into the line up.

The issue is the market isn't there...yet.

He'll be moved for a pick at some point closer to the deadline if teams start to hit the panic button.

Nonis probably wants to move both Komisarek and Liles out West so he doesn't have to see either this season. But he knows he cant be picky in terms of Komisarek, so if the highest pick available is from the East then thats where he'll go. We may have to see us eat another contract in return for Komisarek.

I see Liles generating more interest from teams like Detroit, Minnesota, St.Louis, Edmonton, Colorado, Carolina (East) and Calgary.

Komisarek is a bit different in terms of "needing" a player of his calibre. Detroit will certainly be kicking tires, Colorado may inquire now that the O'Reilly saga is over, and maybe a couple other teams but the market isn't anywhere near that of Liles.

It wouldn't shock me to see both moved, Gardiner brought up and Kostka/Holzer platooned out of the press box.

Last edited:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Not surprised but Im gonna miss him. He's a good guy.

I agree but there still will have to be a team, that will want him but if we can get something for him, in a trade, even if it means us taking back salary, we have to do it.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nice that he wants the opportunity to play anywhere, but it doesn't change the fact that there may not be too many takers.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well good if he's actually willing to take a trade anywhere since it'd be easier to move him then.

Better to try and move then be stuck waiting for the Leafs to buy him out over the summer. I'm all for a move since we need to get rid of some bodies to get Gardiner up with the team.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Definately comes across as one of the better people in the game. I think he could definately hold down a 3rd pairing position for a team right now. Wishing him the best of luck and the oppurtunity to play somewhere.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
So were a lot of other players. Komisarek needs to be held accountable for his bad play.

The problem is some of the d-men this year have had some particularly poor outings and got right back in the lineup next game. Komisarek and Liles have worked in pratctie and never even got a sniff in the last month. There has been a number of times where Randy could have said he was letting a d-man sit to think about his previous games performance but he stayed with the constant lineup. Komisarek is an NHL defender who is being over paid nad I can'r say I blame him over Liles for that matter for wanting a trade.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm thinking if he was easily moveable he would be gone by now.

Leafs might have to eat salary and cap for next year to make this happen.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009

Didn't mean it like that! :laugh:

It just seems that some players already put their best foot forward against their old teams.

Considering the East on East and West on West the remaining of the season, its always a precaution.

But it wont make or break a deal, just a preference.

waingr0

May 14, 2010
The problem is some of the d-men this year have had some particularly poor outings and got right back in the lineup next game. Komisarek and Liles have worked in pratctie and never even got a sniff in the last month. There has been a number of times where Randy could have said he was letting a d-man sit to think about his previous games performance but he stayed with the constant lineup. Komisarek is an NHL defender who is being over paid nad I can'r say I blame him over Liles for that matter for wanting a trade.

I've seen too many awful Komisarek plays for me to trust him over Carlyle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad