Rumor: Mike Komisarek: Gave a list of 12 teams, but wants a trade.

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
I believe one of the most important reasons why he didn't play was to ensure that he does not get injured this year. So that the Leafs can buy him out upon the end of the season.

Nice guy, but he never really worked with us. He seemed a bit promising at the beginning of the season but the Leafs have good depth in D.

If he does get traded to another team for some ice time, good luck to him and I wish him all the best.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I'm thinking if he was easily moveable he would be gone by now.

Leafs might have to eat salary and cap for next year to make this happen.

Id rather tell him to go home and buy him out in the summer than waist cap space on him next season.

No problem with taking back another bad contract for him tho. We can just buy that player out instead.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
So does NYI have a need? Sounds like that's always been a preferred option and it is nice - where possible - to do right by players.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
Montreal maybe? They sure could use some truculence, seeing as it appears they're gonna lock up a playoff spot, why not grab some grit?

If he was the Komisarek of old when he played here sure, but not with the way he has been playing (mostly) with you guys. Especially not for that contract. I'm probably one of the biggest Komi fans left as a Hab fan, and I can honestly say that I doubt the habs would even look his way.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
If he was the Komisarek of old when he played here sure, but not with the way he has been playing (mostly) with you guys. Especially not for that contract. I'm probably one of the biggest Komi fans left as a Hab fan, and I can honestly say that I doubt the habs would even look his way.

Unless you guys play run and gun (you don't) he would be fine.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
I just hope the leafs don't take some of his cap hit in a trade. Would rather just amnesty him if that's the case. Don't need more dead cap space.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
@markhmasters: Komisarek amused about questions on report he wants out of Toronto: 'It must be a slow news day,' he said with a laugh

@markhmasters: Leafs' Komisarek on @andystrickland report he's looking for trade: 'I’m not going to be commenting on what someone in St. Louis said.'

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
@markhmasters: Komisarek amused about questions on report he wants out of Toronto: 'It must be a slow news day,' he said with a laugh

@markhmasters: Leafs' Komisarek on @andystrickland report he's looking for trade: 'I’m not going to be commenting on what someone in St. Louis said.'

Curious....
playing it off, or truth?

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

since komi didn't deny it, i'm going to assume andy strickland's rumour was right...

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
since komi didn't deny it, i'm going to assume andy strickland's rumour was right...

That's hard to know and what Komisarek is saying, do you believe Andy Strickland, a writer based in St. Louis.

He's right in a a way because people like MacKenzie or Dreger, have not said anything about Komisarek wanting to be moved.

It doesn't mean to say though, that the Blues may not have been approched by the Leafs, to offer Komisarek in a trade and Strickland being close to the Blues, may have heard something, that's the reason these things are called "Rumours" but how much is fact and how much is fiction.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
It is just an interesting time for these "rumors" to really kick off.

Randy and his staff had one-on-one's with each player yesterday and expressed their own opinions of each player's performance, and also wanted feedback from the players themselves.

Komisarek is an absolute professional and wonderful locker room guy, but he's an athlete, and professional athletes want to play and want to contribute.

Allegedly after the meetings, Komisarek and Liles came out with no reassurances or confidence they would be worked back into the line up.

That is not to say that Randy wont throw them a bone if someone needs a rest, but at this point, things are quite unclear for both of their futures.

Last edited:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417305

KOMISAREK DISCUSSES REPORT THAT HE WANTS TRADE FROM LEAFS

"I'm not going to be commenting on what someone in St. Louis said so I don't even know the guy or why he said that," said Komisarek. "So I know the media types will like to say, 'A report, an anonymous report,' I'm curious to see where you guys get your stuff. That's all I can say at this time."

Komisarek did suggest that he was amused by the flurry of interest in him.

"It must be a slow news day," he said.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Would anyone actually expect Komisarek to come out and say "yes, I've requested a trade?"

The guy has been a consummate professional in his time here, and even if it hasn't worked out here, he's been an exceptional person in the room and to the media and organization. Hell, even to the city of Toronto and all the responsibilities he's gotten involved with.

He's not going to say "yes I requested a trade", because he's nt going to bring that attention to himself and put pressure on management.

We know Nonis and Carlyle appreciate what he's done for the team in the room, and are trying to reward that by moving him - he doesn't need to publicly admit to that.

What did he mean by "someone in St. Louis said"

Who is andy strickland and his connection?

Andy is an NHL and hockeybuzz writer based in St. Louis - covers the Blues.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It is just an interesting time for these "rumors" to really kick off.

Randy and his staff had one-on-one's with each player yesterday and expressed their own opinions of each player's performance, and also wanted feedback from the players themselves.

Komisarek is an absolute professional and wonderful locker room guy, but he's an athlete, and professional athletes want to play and want to contribute.

Allegedly after the meetings, Komisarek and Liles came out with no reassurances or confidence they would be work back into the line up.

That is not to say that Randy wont throw them a bone if someone needs a rest, but at this point, things are quite unclear for both of their futures.

Something has to bust in the VERY near future though. Frattin and Lupul will be knocking on the door over the next couple weeks (days? in Fratttin's case). We need the roster room.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
bad player in a bad situation

oh well, move him, don't care. i'd rather we have a different plug with some upside in his place on the team. we already know what we're gonna get with komi.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
He was actually pretty good in his limited playing time this season. If it weren't for the emergence of Kostka and Fraser, he'd be playing. Too bad he couldn't have done this last season.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Something has to bust in the VERY near future though. Frattin and Lupul will be knocking on the door over the next couple weeks (days? in Fratttin's case). We need the roster room.

Your quite right something will have to happen and it's being reported that no one was put on waivers today, so that means...

a/ Holzer, Komarov or Frattin will be sent to the Marlies( Frattin for conditioning )

b/ A trade for a draft choice, or a prospect, or a multi-trade with us recieving one less Leaf player, to get to the Minimum 23 player limit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad