News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
so they had a feeling it WAS Hoffmans girlfriend.
Yeah, back in April at least, but like I said they were apparently gathering evidence. Not sure if anything has changed or if the story just broke, but that's what I was told then.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Exactly as i had been told. Similar to the Lee scandal will have to hold off for more facts to be released publicly before getting into it personally....but this ones really bad folks!

Reactions: topshelf15

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Do does this greatly effect his trade value? We have to get rid of him whether it's true or not, even though there is probably some truth behind this story.

Yes Absolutely. Dorion just lost all negotiating power, other teams now know that the Sens have to trade him. If I'm another GM I stay away unless I can unload a Lucic-like contract in the swap.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
God damn it; Melnyk can't afford to provide paper bags with eye holes for all the fans to where at games

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Who wants to place your bets on what will happen next week with regards to the Ottawa Senators?

1.95 - Spartacat charged with heading prostitution ring

2.35 - Guy Boucher found sacrificing stray cats to appease the hockey gods

1.05 - Payroll hasn't been met, all personnel payed in Double-Bubble gum

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm not sure that this guts Hoffman's trade value as much as we might think. He is a proven NHL goal scorer under a pretty cap friendly contract for the next two years - that's all that matters. It was also a pretty open secret that Ottawa might be looking to move him anyway. We were willing to pick up Dany Heatley 13 years ago and he had just killed a guy (albeit accidentally), so I'm pretty sure that a dude with a psycho girlfriend is not a deal breaker either...

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Would there be any way for the league to step in if absolutely no team wants him.

Shot in the dark, but I wonder.

I think we'll still be able to move him, but not for any real value.

2nd round pick tops. Probably less.

Reactions: Dash86

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
"The application for a peace bond, sworn in front of Justice of the Peace Louise Logue on May 4"

... huh, May 4.

Team has known about this for over a month.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
It definitely plays in the minds of teams.

Brent Grimes, an NFL player, wasn't able to get the money he wanted, and most teams wouldn't sign him because of his wife Miko Grimes being a toxic person.

Also the Habs didn't have to trade Subban, whereas Ottawa has no choice but to get rid of Hoffman...and teams know this.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wideman has never done anything like this that the press has reported on, sure.
And to be fair, Hoffman is just sticking by his crazy GF who is accused of doing it, he's not the one that allegedly did it. Wideman has a high bar to clear, but it's not Hoffman's GF high.

Reactions: BonkTastic

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I'm not sure that this guts Hoffman's trade value as much as we might think. He is a proven NHL goal scorer under a pretty cap friendly contract for the next two years - that's all that matters. It was also a pretty open secret that Ottawa might be looking to move him anyway. We were willing to pick up Dany Heatley 13 years ago and he had just killed a guy (albeit accidentally), so I'm pretty sure that a dude with a psycho girlfriend is not a deal breaker either...

I agree. I'm willing to bet this may have a slight negative but won't totally tank his value. Evander Kane as well has never had the rep of a guy that is easy to get along with and he seems to return nice hauls.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well... SJ still traded a fair bit for Kane, and then signed him to a pretty lofty contract. There's still hope, right?

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
Ughhhh...this organization is a joke. Starts from the owner down...as soon as they learned of this, Hoffman should've been booted out of the city.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Who wants to place your bets on what will happen next week with regards to the Ottawa Senators?

1.95 - Spartacat charged with heading prostitution ring

2.35 - Guy Boucher found sacrificing stray cats to appease the hockey gods

1.05 - Payroll hasn't been met, all personnel payed in Double-Bubble gum
if it comes out that some of our players when in training were harrassed by Lee i think that might officially end us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad